Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “sometimes the mb3773 is dead too or has badly corroded pins and needs replace. You can also add a push button in this area as a reset switch, could be handy for a multi game ” Yeah, that mb3773 looked pretty bad so I reflowed it. About that reset switch, I guess you're right, but that's not for me: my very strict religion prohibits me from owning cars with back seats, using emulators for playing games, playing retro games on non-crt displays and using non-official mu…

• Short version: check the via to the right of c5 as the leaky cap can destroy it. Long version: Numan Athletics runs on Namco NA-2 hardware meaning that it has super leaky SMD caps that will corrode the board. Exactly that had happened, so first thing was to remove all the caps and replace them, no problem. Unfortunately when testing the PCB it was completely dead. When powering it up, 90% of time I got black screen, 5% of time blue, 5% of time green. Eproms checked out ok and bending the pcb or …

• What a weird division, layout-wise. The expansion pcb smds' connections didn't look too good so I reflowed them. Lo and behold, the game now works 100%! Currently "stress testing" it in my bench... it seems to be perfect. Weird that the connections were bad, considering that the expansion pcb should not bend too much as it's really close to the connector and all... Thanks again twistedsymphony! Now it only needs the filter caps - thanks to rewrite again! You're the greatest!

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “However the Top Board is just a generic CPU board. The same CPU board is used by all System 11 games so if you have a tekken or other System 11 PCB you should be able to swap the top board to see if that is indeed the issue. I've fixed quite a few Namco System 11 and System 12 games by simply replacing the top board with one from a cheap game. ” Knowing basically NOTHING about System 11 hardware, here comes a hasty and stupid question: Just out of curiosity I just sw…

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Most of the caps on that board are just filter caps and it should be able to run without them. However the Top Board is just a generic CPU board. The same CPU board is used by all System 11 games so if you have a tekken or other System 11 PCB you should be able to swap the top board to see if that is indeed the issue. I've fixed quite a few Namco System 11 and System 12 games by simply replacing the top board with one from a cheap game. Though a lot of times the issu…

• Hi! I have a Namco System 11 Dancing Eyes pcb but the weird thing is that the top PCB is missing some SMD capacitors. I can see on the pads that there used to be capacitors (smd leg -sized grooves in the solder on the pads) but I have no idea of their values. Can someone who owns the same game post a photo of the top pcb or just the caps? (at the moment the game does not boot and I haven't even tried to inspect it any closer before I can resolve the issue with the caps) Thanks!