Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 341.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JVS Emulator

winteriscoming - - Project Showcase

Quote from samplehunters: “Quote from rtw: “Curious what R1 and R2 are, the BOM says: Adafruit 0207/9 ? Value is empty. ” I don't know, I just saw the diagram in the JVS pdf and thought I would include the component footprints just in case. sense.jpg ” This is is the diagram I followed for my sense line implementation in MEGA JVS, and it has always worked. IIRC, I use a 10k ohm resistor, to sink the transistor.

• Apparently the backlit lcds can't handle every use case thrown at them from the ngpc hardware. There are visual effects that can be achieved by having code fire at the end of every line drawn on the screen. This is called a horizontal blank interrupt. Hblank effects include drawing gradients in the background (which is normally only a solid color), and splitting a single scroll plane into multiple independently scrolling horizontal segments to simulate a parallax effect. In my experimentation wi…

• Quote from djsheep: “Game looks good, do you have any more info? ” Quote from Mattroid: “OooooOOoooooOoo neat! Interested in keeping track of your game. Looks cool! ” I'm logging progress at the freeplaytech forum. NGPC doesn't seem to have a very active dev scene currently, but I'm getting a lot of great info and help there. Quote from Mattroid: “I do like having the linker though ” I wish I had one! If only I had remained tuned into the scene when that was released.

• Quote from Mattroid: “Quote from Kujako: “Just got a NeoPocket Game Drive that I had forgotten I preordered... only have the "fat" color screen modded, parts are on order to do the same to the yellow slim. ” I spy my 3D printed FlashMasta switch in your FlashMasta cart there ” I have one in mine, too. Thanks! Now that I have a working backlit LCD in my ngpc, I'm more motivated to play it and dabble in development. I am in progress on a platformer engine, which is a genre I think ngpc is sorely l…

• I don't know why, but perhaps TE is not using the AMP name very heavily at this point. Common brands of connectors for arcades seem to be JST and AMP, so I figured it was likely one of those. I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking Molex would not typically be found in use in a cab if you were exclusively searching them.

• TE Mate-n-lock? 172168-1 te.com/usa-en/product-172168-1…2n6AXNEAQYBCABEgJX6PD_BwE digikey.com/products/en?keywords=172168-1

• I went ahead and bought a new LCD kit and it has a different problem! In the new kit, grays ended up pink. I noticed it on the setup screens for monochrome black and white settings... it was pink and white! Since this was my 2nd kit, I had parts to swap around and ended up using the pcb from my first set and ribbon cables and screen from the 2nd set and got a decent picture out of it finally! These are some pretty poor quality parts, I guess, since I have had issues with 2 out of 2 kits. My 2nd …

• @nem, let us know how your screens work out when you get them. I'm still rather irritated by the scrolling interference I often see in mine. I'm curious if it's common, or if I need to look into replacing it. It's a toss up for me between liking the lit screen and dealing with the interference, or popping my old screen in and dealing with lighting.

• Quote from Mattroid: “Maybe a bad print or poor seating inside the shell? ” I got the shell open. The pcb was sitting in it well. Even with the pcb out, the shell could not slide all the way down into the slot. It was an issue with the shell itself. I routed out a considerable amount of material from the inside front. It didn't look like a manufacturing defect. The part I removed looked like it was meant to be there. I don't know. If yours fits flush, maybe it was just an issue on mine.

• Quote from winteriscoming: “I'm considering sanding the bottom of the cartridge casing to get it to sit flush. ” Upon further investigation, it appears there's something about the 3d printed cartridge shell that's keeping it from sliding down all the way. The black plastic that supports the pins in the ngpc cartridge slot is hitting something in the cartridge, keeping it from sliding down flush, so it's only going as far as the obstruction. I think the obstruction is a purposefully designed lip …

• I received my NeoPocket GameDrive today from Stone Age Gamer. I was on the pre-order list that had a 6-8 week lead time, and it came much quicker. At any rate, I bought the premium edition with the case. I don't know what to make of the case. It's larger than the NGP cases on my shelf, so it doesn't really fit in. I guess it's ok. The print quality on the label on the cartridge isn't very good. I got the MVS styling and the red bleeds into the white lettering. I like the functionality of the NPG…

• I have been annoyed with my replacement LCD. It often has vertically scrolling bars of interference or something. Not sure what I can do to address it.

• I have the Flash Masta for NGPC and have started dabbling in developing. Anyone on this forum have experience from when the development scene was more active in the early 2000s? I'm playing around in the C framework.

• Yesterday I noticed the Stone Age Gamer NeoPocket GD announcement from a few days ago and they're already sold out. They're allowing for pre-orders currently with an estimated 6 week lead time.

• It's very possible that the 2 parts of my NGPC shell don't fit perfectly together. As a test I removed all the innards, and still end up with the top not quite fitting together perfectly... Am I demanding perfection where it never existed?

• Quote from beast1x5: “Quote from winteriscoming: “Quote from beast1x5: “Quote from winteriscoming: “I installed the backlit lcd. Any one else with this kit have issues with it making the top of the NGPC case bow out slightly at the top center? I can't seem to fix that. ” console5.com/store/snk-neo-geo…ounting-bracket-ngpc.htmlhere ya go dude! ” I 3D printed a bracket and have that installed already. Not sure a different bracket would fix the issue of the screen and pcb being slightly too thick f…

• Quote from beast1x5: “Quote from winteriscoming: “I installed the backlit lcd. Any one else with this kit have issues with it making the top of the NGPC case bow out slightly at the top center? I can't seem to fix that. ” console5.com/store/snk-neo-geo…ounting-bracket-ngpc.html here ya go dude! ” I 3D printed a bracket and have that installed already. Not sure a different bracket would fix the issue of the screen and pcb being slightly too thick for the space in the NGPC shell.

• I installed the backlit lcd. Any one else with this kit have issues with it making the top of the NGPC case bow out slightly at the top center? I can't seem to fix that.

• I ordered my screen on eBay, but got suckered into ordering direct from China from a listing that had USA in the main listing image. Gotta love shady eBay listing practices...

• Quote from opt2not: “zkZ2WpM.jpg The Neo Pocket SD is fantastic. I'm happy I picked one up when they were listed on sale on the retrohq site. I think he's been out of stock, which is why you can't purchase it on his site right now. But at one point it was listed there, that's where I bought it. ” What is the product actually called? I see Neo Pocket GD, NeoPocket GameDrive, Neo Pocket Game Drive, and Neo Pocket SD.... Is the SD one the same as the GD one?