Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 137.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…n1-wire-on-sega-jvs-rev3/ ?

• OSSC Pro, with ROTATION!

invzim - - Forum News

Looking at the bill-of-materials cost, I think there may be a bit of sticker-shock when it's announced. But who knows, if they commit to making several 1000s to begin with, it may lower than I expect (which is quite a bit higher than 300)

invzim - - Forum News

Any word on pricing yet?

• Atomiswave sync via VGA

invzim - - Other Sega Hardware

Thanks a bunch @nam9! The manual does not lie and this should be proof enough for anyone that the system uses C-sync (which is odd for 31k, but whatever :))

Looks like CSYNC. This is one probe measurement on pin 13, and pin 14 is silent/dead I presume?

Anyone got an atomiswave mobo and a scope handy? Manual on page 7 says it's C-SYNC out, but I'm not 100% that's correct - would love to get this confirmed? wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/9/9e/Atomiswave_manual.pdf

• Quote from dannahan: “hXsuomu.jpg Before and After of my NAOMI setup ” That pictures says more than a 1000 words, very nice!

• I think you're right Ohms law is deceptively simple.

• Don't forget that the signals need to return, so load is not constant at all. You can probably Imagine the THS being 1MOhm resistor to gnd..

• Sorry for coming on a bit strong, If you use the pot as a divider and not a variable resistor, I don't think you will damage the board - load should be 1K regardless? Edit: input on the THS is probably super high impedance, so load would be between 1K and ~0. I would imagine this would make the adjustments a bit jumpy.

• It looks like you use the pots to drive the video signals straight to GND, this is bad(tm), as you're adjusting the level by loading the game - set it up as a voltage divider instead.

• Quote from Joe: “Quote from nem: “That's dynamic convergence that you want to fix. Basically involves putting strips of magnetically permeable metal underneath the yoke to realign the electron beams shooting out of the neck of the monitor. What do you mean dull? Not as bright? The colors don't pop out? Brightness, contrast, cut offs & gains should fix that. ” Hi Nem/Pascal When i say dull, it is more that the whites don't seem bright and the picture does not pop. The whole picture is muted. If i…

• Quote from dewmansnk: “They make a model that is a bit expensive but has all the output one could wish for in an arcade power supply. The QP-150-3A is about $100 but has 3.3, 5, 12, and -5. ” Neat solution! Is the fan on the thing temperature/load controlled? The datasheet lists the range for 5V rail as 3A-15A, have you tested with any 'low-amp' PCBS as quite a lot them draw less than 3A, wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/PCB_Power_Consumption meanwell-web.com/content/files…MW/Qp-150/QP-150-spec.pdf

• Looks very stock to me, step-up etc installed by Sega UK, i.e not a 'conversion' to begin with - nitpicking yes If it's a 'true' European NUC, the CRT should be 31K only, and if you're lucky it has the Toshiba tube. Fantastic cab btw, has gotten me into a lot of trouble

• So what's special about the MVS input signal? I think one of the MVS's have a bit of DC bias

• Speaking from experience, you need a scope when dealing with stuff - doesn't have to be a fancy one. For fun, you can try to put a 10k resistor to gnd on csync before the schmitt to see if it makes a difference.

• Quote from rsignal: “Although I can share the gerbers with anyone interested (just send me a PM) I prefer to test before making them public. After doing some tests with 74AHCT1G17 Schmitt buffer with mixed results (works fine with all boards tested except MVS) I've incorporated a 74HC14 buffer as RGB explains followed by a voltage divider in a similar way used in Tim Worthington's AV-Driver, but using common 470R and 75R resistors instead of 475R and 82.5R. This way TTL / 350mV CSYNC is selectab…

invzim - - Forum News

I'm positive the OSSC pro will be a fantastic piece of kit, but I think a lot of people may have their expectations set a little high as to features and price point.

invzim - - Forum News

Quote from hoagtech: “Marqs did imply that when the fpga would drop in price that “this model” would be immediately ready for 4K expansion. Based on the design the fpga is not socketed though. There are plenty of talented solder folks who would take on the fpga installation. Although looking further into it may require more ram and flash ” I'm pretty sure he meant the FPGA "software" could be used with a different PCB with a different FPGA, when that day comes. BGA replacement is not something a…

invzim - - Forum News

Quote from opt2not: “ What’s more exciting to me is the HDMI input for scaling 1080p to 4K and perhaps 8K(?) down the line. The hardware looks beefy enough, proving that this is a good future proofing solution. That’s what I’m more excited about. Rotation is just a novel option but I can’t see it being the holy grail of features. ” RGB 4k @ 60 Hz needs 594 MHz, and not sure the hw can do it. 4K for niche stuff is still quite tricky to do without costing a kidney.