Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Repair Log] Sega Naomi

jebus - - User's Repair Logs

I'll have to check into it. I don't know enough about it. I'll look up some guides on the compact flash idea.

Quote from obcd: “If you take the gdrom from the working unit and place that in the non working one, does it fix the issue? This would prove it's an issue with the gdrom. ” I'm 100% sure it's the GD-ROM. I swapped both it, and the power supply out just for testing and narrowed it down to the GD-ROM. Literally, the game will do nothing until you unplug the GD-ROM. Once you do, it fires right up. It seems to me like it must be shorting something out.

• Greetings from Kentucky

jebus - - Introduce Yourself!

Hobbyist here. I really like rhythm games. Here's my current collection: Arcade Games Donkey Kong Jr Galaga Neo Geo 4 Slot Die Hard Dance Dance Revolution Extreme Percussion Freaks Guitar Freaks 10th mix Beatmania 3rd mix Drum Mania Dance Mania X Pop'n Music 20 Initial D 3rd Stage (2 Player) Offroad Challenge EM Rifle Games Chicago Coin "Coney Island" Chicago Coin "Big Top" Pinball Stampede Checkpoint and a 70's 13' long SkeeBall machine, a World Series pitch and bat, and a grip tester machine I…

I have two Initial D's side by side, so I was able to swap out components and track down my issue pretty quick. Here's my finding. One game starts up and runs perfectly. The second machine has a black screen and does absolutely nothing, until, I unplug the power to the GD-ROM. As soon as it's unplugged, it fires right up and obviously goes to the error screen. I've taken the GD-ROM apart, and it looks flawless. I'm completely confused. It must be shorting something out. I thought it may be the f…