Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from lukemorse1: “Just for reference and to help out, Here is a picture of the JYU V222 I/O used for Ninja Assault if anyone is curious about what it looks like. The board in the picture isnt working but after talking with AndyGeezer he said a while back that the bios here JYU2 may not be in MAME so I have dumped the eprom (27C1001) and I have the bin file here if there is a place I can send it to help contribute to the list. Let me know arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…9c11a64e68c479397ed7f…

• Quote from adgenet: “Quote from rolins: “The earth wire should be daisy chained... ” I may be totally misguided and incorrect, but I disagree with this approach. I'm under the impression that the correct method is for grounds to be run straight back to a single point whenever possible. ” The way i do it is all the grounds are connected to the GND/COM of you PSU, and the metal frames of you PSU, monitor, CP, etc are connected to FG (Earth).

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “Quote from adgenet: “Some photos would help point you in the right direction. ” A wire coming off of a switching power supply. The wire goes into FG or Frame Ground. I'm just asking where most people connect this wire. I think monitor chassis is the biggest piece of metal, but I'm not sure, control panel as well, but is that safe? ” The earth wire should be daisy chained from the frames of the PSU, control panel, marquee, iso transformer, and monitor. They should all be c…

• Has anyone run into problems getting Cobra the Arcade to work? I've extracted the cbr1-ha.chd to 3 different hard drives, and the game is missing all the graphics and sound. In places where game is running its just flashes of white and black. I can access Cobra's test mode, but when i try to bring up the crosshatch and color grandient for adjustment, its just a black screen. I've double checked this on two different monitors. I'm testing this on two working Sys256 units and its the same on both:…

• Thanks for confirming that. I've triple checked the voltages on this system and it runs steady at 4.9V Looks like I'm gonna have to pull it out the mainboard and start poking around.

• I'm troubleshooting a Time Crisis 4 pcb i picked up a while back. The seller advertized it as not working because it "doesn't boot". The price was super cheap, so i figure i'd give it a shot. All i have connected to TC4 is the power, vga cable, and rca audio cables. I'd expect to hear a few beeps when i first turned on the unit, but all i'm treated to is a black screen and no sound. Unit is definitely powered as the system fan is spinning. Voltages are solid and the hard drive & dongle are origi…

• Quote from suverman: “Does a normal Sega JVS allow these steering to be supported with games like Initial D on Naomi? I would like to finally hack a potentiometer based steering for Naomi / Chihiro racing games. ” Yep, the Sega JVS I/O Type 1 and Type 3 has inputs to connect analog devices for Initial D. Using a S-JIHP is optional but it certainly makes thing a whole lot easier to reconfigure your controls.

• The Dreamcast Racing Controller HKT-7400. Not the greatest racing controller, but if you're on budget and like to keep things compact then its perfect. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…9c11a64e68c479397ed7f868b Perhaps the easiest controller mod i've ever done. Just remove the bottom panel, all the wires for all buttons and pots are accessible. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…9c11a64e68c479397ed7f868b Just cut the two wire harnesses from its pcb. The 3-pin is the Steering wheel while the 9-pin has …

• I went a go at Sports Shooting and Clay Challenge on my shooting setup Naomi2 (multibios) Sega JVS I/O 837-14572 Sega 2 IR guns. OMC-GZH200 I also have the old HOD gun sense board 838-13143 if you want me test using that. Sports Shooting loads properly but crashes after like 10 minutes of gameplay. Gun calibration for Player1 is wonky. After calibrating Player1 gun, only the left half of the screen can pick up the guns. if i try to point Player1 gun to the right half of the screen, the crosshair…

• Quote from tengugurl: “Just put back 2 original caps that were replaced with tantalum caps in the kit I ordered. Still..no power The jamma harness reads a short on the 5v+ pins. When I disconnect the PSU, the short does not exist so it's def the PSU. I looked at all my work and the caps are facing the right directions + side to + etc Traced around the pins and noticed there is a big patch of gold PCB design that has pure continuity which is crazy because the cap legs should be one side + and the…

• Need help find this capacitor

rolins - - Monitor Help

Quote from nassekova: “Farnell has at least this one: cpc.farnell.com/visaton/5423/m…pacitor-2-2-uf/dp/CA08509 ” Thank you. This should work.

rolins - - Monitor Help

Quote from nem: “You could replace it with a film cap or you could combine two polarized electrolytic caps to make a bipolar one. ” Thanks, I'll have to look into that film cap. Putting two caps in series i think would be a no-go. There wouldn't be any room except maybe dangle them off to the side. But also trying to find two 4.4uF caps would be tough. I found the service manual for this monitor and t includes a full schematic and common part list. This 2.2uF non-polar cap is part of the monitor…

• I bet the red and blue wire is your AC line. Hold down the button on the interlock and see if your PSU powers up.

rolins - - Monitor Help

I have Amiga 1080 RGB monitor that i use for all my arcade games. Solid picture and vibrant colors. Had it for nearly a decade and the previous owner used all day back in the '90s. The markings on the monitor states it was manufactured in April 1986, 34 years ago! I think i'm the first person to do a re-cap this monitor because i see no evidence of rework. I find it amazing this monitor has performed this well after 34 years of abuse. Just recently its age was starting to show. All of sudden the…

• Quote from tengugurl: “ My assumptions... The kit had a very interesting swap for capacitors on c36 and c44 Instead of the original electrolytic caps which were rated at 0.47 @50v, they were replaced with 0.47 if @50v tant style The tant cap had a + marking on it so I made sure it was matching the original cap positioning. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful! ❤️ ” If you checked everything. Probably wouldnt hurt to put back the original caps back on c36 and c44 to rule out those tantalum c…

• I have original discs of Evil Night (810UBA02) 15Khz and Total Vice (639AAC01) 24Khz. The only 15Khz Total Vice i found in Mame was 639EBA01. I just changed the hex code from EBA to match my copy of Total Vice which is AAB. Worked out great because i dont have 24Khz capable TV.

• I had this same issue with my Total Vice (639 AA C01). Where after the inital boot screen, everything go black, but you can hear the cd-rom spin continuously. I figured out my game only runs in 24Khz and you need to set DIPSW2 to ON = 24Khz instead OFF = 15Khz. Then the game will boot.

• Hello from Las Vegas, NV

rolins - - Introduce Yourself!

Hi fellas. I'm Rolins. Hope everyone is doing well and keeping sane. i've been passing the time playing light gun games such as Evil Night, Time Crisis, and Ghost Squad.