Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 50.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Me want! ” Thanks for your interest ! in order to keep track of all the orders coming in, please contact me here

• Quote from invzim: “Regarding PFX, it wants CSYNC on some titles when being fed via the VGA connector, especially when HSYNC is absent during VSYNC - which is partly the reason the irkenlabs.com/jammafier/tri-sync-helper has a HV/C sync switch. ” Thanks, this is helpful to know. I'm just trying to focus on making the Martin Jones / Viletim PCB with some upgrades and improvements since it is known to work with the PFX. One of the things working against me is that I don't have access to a PFX for …

• Hi everyone, All the pricing details are in the site link. v2.0 install video here (under microscope). Note, v3.0 requires alignment in the black holder before applying solder. The install is very hard, not recommended for anyone other than expert level soldering (i.e. many, many years of experience). I can do the install for people for additional cost (see site link). I have a lot of orders coming in so it's difficult to get to individual PMs, please use my contact form if you want to order one…

• arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…e4cfd1fb76b2489506c7796e1 Getting closer to taking readings. Finished the proto build, almost finished building a test console setup, waiting for some oscope stuff in the mail! Does anyone want to help the project by sending me finicky arcade boards? I hear Toaplan and F3 stuff is the main culprit. I'm in USA. I would just need to borrow some PCBs to test for a few weeks. PM me if you have one and are interested in helping! Also, if you have a moment, take the poll…

• Quote from rewrite: “Quote from Segasonicfan: “But isn't it time for a permanent full-proof solution? ” What is it that makes this better than just soldering the original cable in place? Is that not a permanent solution? As someone who has to do this sometime in the near-ish future, I'd definitely like to know! ” The original cable is an extremely brittle, very thin FFC (flax flex cable) - these are never meant for soldering and require the use of chemicals to melt the plastic around the very th…

• While not exactly arcade-related, I thought I would share my latest project here (I mean, this is the SSFD section, after all :D) ------- We've all heard of the failed LED displays on Virtual Boy systems... ..the various fixes of gluing, 3D printing hold brackets, melting the original cable, etc... But isn't it time for a permanent foolproof solution? arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…e4cfd1fb76b2489506c7796e1 Click Here for more info or go to: segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro/virtual-ribbon This cus…

• Started milling the (working title) PFX Ultra Sync prototype PCB! this is a very rough proto for preliminary testing: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…e4cfd1fb76b2489506c7796e1 arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…e4cfd1fb76b2489506c7796e1

• Shipped out all the standard versions! and The Deluxe Sync Clean Pro is tested and ready to ship too arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…e4cfd1fb76b2489506c7796e1 I need to make some for myself now :O The add-on board is being worked on, but there's a number of improvements I'd like to do with the existing info. Also, after more research I see the PFX is really not a good test monitor for these sync boards. It is actually wayyyy out of spec (according to the manual) needing weird sync rates like 6uS …

• Quote from Ravepants: “Hello, I'd be interested in the vga version as well, and probably the later expansion if/when it arrives. Thanks. ” Thanks Ravepants, I'll contact you when I have a couple more people signed up to do another batch. I want to thank everyone who ordered one already and put money down for the pre-orders. I know it has been a wait. Your support is what drives R&D to make these PCBs a reailty, so thank you for being "first adopters" and giving me the push to move forward, means…

• arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…e4cfd1fb76b2489506c7796e1 Got some PCBs made! Need to test and Im also going to be trying out some new add-on boards to see if they increase compatibility. If you want your board ASAP though and don't care about add-onboard options, lmk! more cool stuff coming soon.

• Update: Boards arrived! Doing assembly and testing now. Strongly considring the Viletim/Martin Jones circuit as my next design, since I now have a prototyping mill in house to work with and some parts ordered. More updates and pics later this week!

• Hi 300wins, glad you're staying safe For those that pre-ordered, a small update: I finished the Deluxe and Standard designs. Incorporated some new changes and improvements and sent them off to be fabricated! Will post back here when they arrive in about 2 weeks! -Segasonicfan

• I just came in here for the eye candy. I was not disappointed.

• Quote from acblunden2: “I am testing through the high impedence connection on the PFX chassis. I am running JAMMA video right to that connection via wires direct from the PCB. I don't use a JVS-to-JAMMA adapter (like JAMMAfier) which runs JAMMA video through VGA to the low impedence connection. I can send you a Taito F3 if need be. I'd need it back however. Tests with other PCB's are good so far, but none of those other PCB's are known to have sync issues with the PFX. Will test with other monit…

• Quote from RGB: “Looks like this uses the ISL59885? If so, it can be helpful with the Taito F3 when used with the XRGB mini and tri-sync monitors, it's what's been used in the HAS since 2016. ” Yes. It uses a very similiar setup to HAS, so it should work. Although one person here reports that it doesn't, sadly. Quote from ark125: “I will need the Martin Jones circuit add-on in order to play Taito F3 games. ” This add-on would be down the road (and might never happen). The expansion option is the…

• Hey everyone, so I've been pretty busy preparing the updated revision. So far I've been focusing on the deluxe version, but the standard version will be next! arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…e4cfd1fb76b2489506c7796e1 @acblunden2 was nice enough to test some PCBs and report back results with the V1.0 board. Unfortunately, the pickiness of the Sanwa Tri Sync PFX monitor using a Taito F3 could not be fixed. I imagine this has everything to do with the monitor being tri-sync and being infamous for ha…

• In that case I suspect your 161 in 1 is the culprit. The earlier revisions only used diodes to step down voltage and that symptom is very likely the cause of that. Make sure your PSU is under 5v. I recommend 4.75-4.95 when using that cart. You can see my shaky and difficult to watch video about these boards here:) m.youtube.com/watch?v=jQV4Sjb_cxo

• I see this stuff more and more these days. I miss early 00s ebay, back when all the sellers were die hard collectors and everything was always packed great! And USPS actually had a working phone number I Bought a MIB SMS launch system once. Me: "Please pack it well with lots of bubble wrap" Seller: 'Don't worry, Im going to ship it in the original box' Me: :O !!!

• Ah, that sucks. If you ever give up on this I have a mega fried MV1B that might be saved with guts swapping. Do the glitches only happen a certain amount of time after power up?

• Hi everyone, Some updates: @acblunden2 and @Derick2k each have their own Sync Clean Pro v1.0 to test their PCBs with. I'm looking forward to hearing back their results I looked at the Sync Strike and I can confirm that this board is more advanced. Im designing 2 versions right now: 1. Deluxe Pro v2.0 version with VGA jacks (in/out) and other features TBA 2. Regular Pro v2.0 now supporting HV sync in and HV sync out. Also adding a reverse polarity protection. I've been spending many hours on the …