Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 104.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “... and use a regular mini din 8 cable. ” Great Scott! Are you telling me the mini din 8 cable fits into a mini din 9 socket?

• Hi, Anyone know where I could get some 27C400's in Oz? Thanks Richard

• Thanks @pacoarcade I had no problem making an electrical contact between the Saturn connector and the SAT2NEO PCB, I just built nine bridges of solder, the problem was the 9 internal pins inside the Saturn connector, they were not contacting the controller plug well enough and I had to prise the pins upward 1mm more with a metal pick, after I did that on all 9 pins it worked perfectly.

• Imagine for a moment, a perfect world, where an Aussie reading this thread has one of these babies and is thinking about selling...

• I think I have accidentally setup autofire on X & Y (it cycles through 0 & 1 very quickly on the CPS2 input test page), how do I turn it off, is there a way to factory reset with a key combination? For the life of me I can't get ABC to map to SHOT1-3 on CPS2, it always makes XYZ SHOT1-3. X1,Y2,Z3,A4,B5,C6 or A1,B2,C3,X4,Y5,Z6 always makes XYZ SHOT1-3 unless of course I'm not actually in remapping mode when I think I am. @Frank_fjs I thought I read that you soldered a PTH LED on to the SMD board,…

• Remapping worked, I can see the additional LED's appeal lol! I had to hold START, then press Y + Z and hold all three buttons for four seconds, do the 123456 procedure and then a solid second press of START. Thanks everyone that chimed in.

• OK, so this a bit of a Public Service Announcement lol, the extension cables I harvested clearly had a 'crappy" connector, I got my trusty "pick" tool and popped all 9 "mating" pins "out", they were lodged under a plastic "shelf" inside the connector, now they sit much higher, I have d-pad and start now!!! @Arthrimus @Frank_fjs remapping like this isn't giving me ABCXYZ...wtf? Plug it in, and hold down START plus any two face buttons for a few seconds...Press button A once, then button B twice, …

• Thanks @djsheep it's this one.

• Maybe a Virtua Stick isn't a great idea, it looks like it has an MCU inside to do the auto-fire?

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “Another thing to try is to get hold of a regular Saturn controller and try the adapter with that. ” Thanks, would a Virtua Stick be OK, there are quite a few of them around, Gamedude has them?

• I have a sneaky feeling the pins inside the Saturn connectors are not contacting well enough, I have continuity, if I wiggle my controller connector I can see the Konami test menu cursor move up on it's own, nothing I do can make the cursor move when I press a button. I have cleaned them with IPA, I'm starting to think I might need to "hook" and lift those internal pins.

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “The metal sheath of the female dsub, it's typically removed to allow it to insert into a male dsub. ” @Frank_fjs, thanks, my female dsub has the metal sheath and fits into the minigun fine, I thought that the sheath might cause grounding issues and that's why it had to be removed.

• Quote from pacoarcade: “These adapters somewhat fit, but they didn't work in the adapter PCB. Not sure if it was due to my bad bending of the pins (I checked for shorts before, though) since the pics programmed worked in my new setup. I did not test these adapters before with my Saturn. ” Could you expand on this please, you had Saturn connectors that soldered OK, didn't have any shorts and they still didn't work?

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “Saturn adapters require the shield of the db15s to be removed so there's no point of grounding those.” Huh?

• @Arthrimus & @Frank_fjs something strange, if I plug the Saturn controller cable in slightly, on the CPS2 test menu, the cursor cycles through the menu options like someone repeatedly pressing the down arrow...if I plug the cable in more then nothing.

• Thanks @djsheep & @Frank_fjs I have 3 spare saturn cables, 9 spare PCB's, MCU's... I did a continuity check on all the pins with the adjacent pin, to detect a bridge between pins. I just did a continuity check between every pin and ground (PIN 9). I mean there ain't much to check on this PCB, 68 solder points, the programmer says it's programmed, connectors and controllers are brand new. I could bust out the oscilloscope and poke around. 5v is getting to the SAT2NEO MCU, maybe I will use the hac…

• Honestly I have no idea what's going on, can someone in Oz sell me a known good one? I'm starting to think it's either a mistake in the PCB production or an issue with my USBAsp, I'm stumped.

• Thanks @Arthrimus I just tried my CPS2, the controller does nothing, it looks like from your video the up/down/left/right should work even before remapping. All I did was use eXtreme Burner with saturn_controller_demux_remap_autofire.ino.standard.hex, write Low Fuse E2 which was successful. I must be missing something, I have two retrobit wired controllers, I made two PCB's, I have tried multiple game boards, nothing. I'm not setting any other fuses, am I supposed to? I'm not using the Arduino I…

• @Frank_fjs @Arthrimus lol I think I have found my PCB nemesis! Brand new board, new components, programmed first time (E2 low fuse), able to "Read All" Nothing when I plug it into the minigun on a konami game with konami adapter, tried port 1 and 2, did a bunch of continuity checks from the game edge Went through remapping mode, no buttons work, start doesn't start... Must you remove J1 after programming for it to work? Update, I removed J1 and it made no difference.

• Thanks @Frank_fjs, Method 4 suggests otherwise. I'm going to build a fresh one, apologies if I missed it but any tips for soldering the Saturn connector, it's not a PTH part, what I did was leave 3mm of wire on each of the contacts, remove the sheath, tin them and put them through the holes, I haven't seen an image that really shows a connected Saturn connector but surely there is no way to get the contacts into the holes, or are people just building "bridges" of solder between the PCB and the c…