Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Love that sweet collection of sticks, @NormanJr911. Not sure if the same is true for you, but my interest in stick collecting and modding was basically the gateway drug that led me into the arcade hobby.

• No mechanical or .ini-based solution necessary if you just use a Sega Rev. B I/O. No coin issues with any games when using this JVS I/O and no need to install the resistor(s). Not sure if it's convenient with your particular setup, but I'd definitely recommend using the Rev. B with Niko's multi.

• Like @nam9 states above, it looks like you've wired player 1 button 6 directly to ground on the jamma edge. When wired like this, the button test on any game should show that player 1 button 6 is pressed. You definitely have the correct pin on cn3 that corresponds to button 6 for player 1, but you need to wire in a button between ground and pin 4 of cn3 so that the button 6 signal is only active when the button is pressed. If you cut the blue wire in half and connect the loose end to the first c…

• Quote from werejag: “the picture of his wiring tells what pins for 6th button on teh 14 pin connector ” Thanks, @werejag. Yes, as I show in the rough wiring diagram above, button 6 for each player can be found on pin 4 (player 1) and pin 8 (player 2) of the CN3 header (the 14-pin header) on the Sega rev B I/O board. If you have a different jvs I/O, the location of button 6 will be different. Arcade Otaku has a great section explaining the pinouts of just about every jvs I/O. Highly recommend tak…

• FAST IO accessory board question

Bluetear - - Taito Type X

With these replacements, you won't hear it at all inside the Vewlix. You can also replace the gpu fan to make it near silent if ever used outside the cab, but it may not be worth the trouble. Lots of other good suggestions for particular fans, etc. can be found at the X2 mods thread here: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…ype-x2-upgrades-and-mods/

• FAST IO accessory board question

Bluetear - - Taito Type X

@slevin, the case fan is 120x120x25mm. Here are the replacement fans that have served me very well (and keep the system from sounding like a jet engine): Replacement Fans – - Case Fan – Noctua NF-P12 Redux-1300 120x120x25mm 1300RPM, 3-Pin Fan - CPU Fan – Gelid Solutions Silent 7 Series 70x70x15mm 3-Pin Fan - PSU Fans – TWO Sunon 40x40x20mm 12V DC VAPO 5.5CFM, 2-Wire Fans (HA40201V4-1000U-A99) - 20mm is shorter than the length of the original PSU fans so may want to cover gap with tape or other m…

• Vewlix F Restoration

Bluetear - - Project Showcase

Awesome progress, @ABTmRw. The cab is looking great. But those $100 dollar, single-sheet replacement labels really rub me the wrong way. I may finally just redraw them myself and post them here to save some people money. No issue with you buying them of course as I don't believe there's currently another option (aside from the 100 yen stickers), but hate when people artificially drive up prices to such a ridiculous level. Looking forward to seeing the cab all back together and standing upright a…

• New Member, Advice Needed

Bluetear - - Introduce Yourself!

The multi (by @Niko) is awesome. Would be a very simple way to get your new cab up and running with a great selection of games including USFIV and many others (including Puzzle Bobble, as you mentioned above). It would also avoid the jamma complication/costs until you're ready. While you certainly could get the multi running by yourself for about $300 ($200 for the X2, $70 for shipping from Japan, $30 for hard drive), it definitely will take a bit of time. $500 is certainly an upcharge but may b…

• New Member, Advice Needed

If you do end up grabbing a Vewlix--which (for whatever little it may be worth) would probably be my suggestion after reading through the thread--definitely take a look at the awesome 2-player Vewlix control panel reproductions produced by @Rbtamanini here: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…panels-05-29-2020-update/ His work is top notch and you won't be disappointed. And if you still want to grab a CRT cab after setting up the Vewlix, you'll have gained a good amount of knowledge about some the ke…

• Haha, I did wonder if anyone had recognized it from the game. Definitely a good one to pick up even if just for the convenience vs. the netboot setup. It's one of my favorite co-op games (and a surprisingly fun one to play for score). Definitely worth it if it's at a decent price, especially since there's never been a port (other than to the Naomi, of course), the repros are no longer produced, and an Atomiswave multi seems like an impossible dream (although I did like reading about the awesome …

• I had a similar one (repro shell, OG board) a handful of years ago. Sold it cheap to a buddy of mine when I picked up another copy on YAJ. IIRC, the last few YAJ sales have ranged from $400 to $500 (over the last 12-18 months), depending on artwork, condition, etc. I haven't seen it on tops, surugaya, or anywhere similar for quite a while so I'm not sure what their prices would be. Also not sure what the appropriate discount is for the repro cart and label. Great game. Always fun to defend the K…

• Quote from nem: “The problem with the Reco is that for tournament play you can't quickly switch between layouts like with a physical switch. There's some discussion on rotary switches on ArcadeOtaku: forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=33916 Doesn't look too difficult to make if you just need two or three layouts. ” Thanks for digging up that thread, @nem. And thanks for asking the question @beast1x5. I've considered implementing the same thing for a while and the AO thread is spot on.

• Quote from muckyfingers: “Quote from beast1x5: “oh no shit?!? This is some good info, but is there a way to get this properly working via dvi-d to hdmi For supergun use? ” No, the GPU on the Type X2 only sends the EDID information through the VGA port. What does work, I’ve tested it, is using DVI to VGA and feed that into an OSSC. With this method, all the games work and you’re outputting to HDMI. There’s no additional lag as it’s just transcoding the analog signal to digital, no upscaling. ” Th…

• Probably a bit behind others, but PM incoming. Even if it doesn't go to me, thanks @ekorz.

• Greetings from Oklahoma

Beautiful pair of Dreamcast sticks right there. And don't worry about tracking down a Third Strike...Zero 3 is better Controversial opinion aside, welcome to the wonderful world of A-P.

• Quote from skate323k137: “Quote from GC8TECH: “IF people want the original Non-Super Version cart WITH the rom mod to the SUPER edition.. i can probably source more carts to do that.... OR I could do just the eprom ONLY for a few $AUD as well + Post. ” Quite a nice offer of you. For folks in the US, I can burn the rom as well, though I'm in short supply of m27c160's till my next batch gets here (and lord only knows when that will be). ” Thanks for the great original work on this, @skate323k137! …

• [PRE-ORDER your HAS!]

Bluetear - - RGB's lab

It does look great, @RGB. Nice work as always. Any chance you have your HD-15 video hats available for purchase at the moment?

• Barn find Egret 2 project

Bluetear - - Project Showcase

Looking forward to watching this restore. Love to see a beautiful E2 brought back to life. Good luck, @Elfito69. And thanks for sharing the awesome (and helpful) restore photos, @Mrhide. Great work. Your skills are very impressive.

• KoV bootlegs

Bluetear - - IGS PGM/PGM2/etc. support

Quote from GC8TECH: “Here is a few more... T. ” Awesome. I knew you'd have a bunch of unique ones, @GC8TECH. Until today, I thought there were 4 or 5 unique orange label versions. Now it looks like there are closer to 10 or 12.

• KoV bootlegs

Bluetear - - IGS PGM/PGM2/etc. support

Quote from ekorz: “VA1jUUh_d.jpg time to see what all these are... ” Impressive and unique set, @ekorz. A few labels I've never even seen before. How many duplicates did you end up with in order to track down so many different versions? Looking forward to the results of your research