Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 367.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cool. I’ve thought about doing this for galaga with a nice sized control panel and shoving a mister in it. My reasoning is most anyone will play galaga if you stick it in front of them. Would be a cool box to bring into the office and connect to a break room or conference room tv after this covid nonsense passes.

• Blast city jamma/Naomi

Geddon - - Monitor Help

I know the dips are right on the monitor and the naomi. Tested today and 15hz worked and 31hz does nothing. It seems like the screen doesn’t even come on. I tried H. H 30 pot with no luck. I have two blast city cabs so tried on the other. This one was even worse. I couldn’t get anything to work. Tried dsub 15 and 31 and vga to Capcom I/o so video through the jamma in 15 and 31. None of that did anything. I only flipped dips with the naomi and cab off. Worse still is now I’ve set the 2nd one back…

• Blast city jamma/Naomi

Geddon - - Monitor Help

Quote from ebzero89: “Quote from Mrhide: “Afaik, There is nothing else than the dipswitches to get to 31. jamma or db9 makes no differences to be 15,24 or 31. Both will work. Re Double check your dip ? Post a picture? ” IIRC the 2930 chassis also has a jumper if you're going to use the D-Sub connector. There's definitely a dip on the naomi to set to 31khz output. It should be dip 1 I think. JAMMA should also work fine if that D-sub jumper isn't swapped. ” Ok I’ll look for a jumper, but I didn’t …

• Blast city jamma/Naomi

Geddon - - Monitor Help

Yeah I tried setting to 31hz before, no picture. So I’m assuming I need to adjust something else to get 31hz working.

• Blast city jamma/Naomi

Geddon - - Monitor Help

Ok I’m ready to give this a shot. Since the monitor is vertical I can get to the pots through the front cab door to adjust. Can someone give me a general guide on what pots to try adjusting to get a 31hz image to show? Here are some pictures. Lots of pots. Should I start with the H. H 30 one?

• Who is ZPaul2Fresh8?

Geddon - - Introduce Yourself!

This guy gives no response here, so good luck to anyone who actually wants to update their boards.

• cool do you know the pinout?

• ok cool. I thought that didn't make any sense. Really to me the only cool thing about this is the VMU. I can't think of why I would ever want to use a dreamcast controller over arcade style controls for any of these games.

• What is the 5 pin header for?

• Somewhere I saw something about if you use the Dreamcast ports it disables the main controls? Is that true? But then in the spreadsheet I see games that support the vmu but not the Dreamcast controller? How does that make any sense? Did some cabs have a slot for the vmu but no Dreamcast controller port?

• Got a new zero key from mitsu and played around with my old netdimm for a while. Still seems flaky, but the zero key works. I used transfergame.exe to test. I like how that gives you a status as it loads. so my other zero key was definitely bad. I still have an issue where a game will sometimes load a bit then fail. Then I just have to try again. What usually works is if I go to test and clear backup data, see if I can ping the netdimm and if I can try from there. Sometimes I can’t seem to ping …

• Home Arcade System

Geddon - - RGB's lab

Quote from rewrite: “Quote from Derick2k: “Anyhow, lets just say she didnt do it just like OJ didnt ” Hey man, that glove didn't fit. ” Have you read the book OJ wrote? “if I did it” It’s pretty good.

• I’ll take one when the next batch is ready.

• Who is ZPaul2Fresh8?

Geddon - - Introduce Yourself!

I’m dumb. Welcome and I’m looking forward to updating my boards.

• Vewlix F Restoration

Geddon - - Project Showcase

Hmm. I thought just the monitor fans were 24v. Yours had 24v fans as the exhaust fans on the back? Mine were two 60mm 12v. I’ve heard other cabs have 120mm 12v.

• I have 2 blasts, both currently set to 15hz, but I will eventually pull the monitor in one and try to get 31hz working on one of them. the downside is apparently you can't easily set it for both 15hz and 31hz at the same time. Other than that I think they are great cabs if you want a CRT cab. If you want higher res and ease of getting a new monitor down the road then a vewlix starts to make more sense. Hooking up modern stuff will be a lot easier on a flatscreen cab, but can be done with any cab…

• Vewlix F Restoration

Geddon - - Project Showcase

I also have an F and I'll be curious what speakers you go with. Oh and are you planning to replace the fans? mine had two 60mm in the back that were stupid loud. I replaced with noctua ones and it is quiet enough now where I don't think about it.

• Quote from Derick2k: “ Now if only Marqs would work on a making the OSSC Prok 4K 9X ready. I want throw in a 4K monitor in the vewlix to run newer 4K, next gen consoles/titles in there, cause why the hell not, 4K 32" freesync monitors are going down in price and they are getting better. ” I guess you sit pretty close to it but 4K on a 32” won’t be a huge difference. 4K really shines with big ass screens. I really haven’t been motivated to go to 4K in my house. I have a 43” 4K but from how far I …

• Quote from Kaede: “I would assume the fans are no longer needed when you put the new monitor in? ” probably not but i would still put something there to at least quietly blow air out of the cabinet.

• Man feels good when naomi shit works. Got another netdimm from Japan. Switched the jumpers to NetBoot, tossed on my naomi 2 and ran triforcetools with the keep alive section and it works great. Still waiting on a new zero key so as of now this is the only way I can boot games that need it.