Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 439.

• Older games like SSF2 had 8bit SOUND MASK ROMs and that's why they had a riser board. It's because the CPS2 B board is wired for 16bit MASK ROMs and likely SSF2 was originally planned to be a CPS1Q game, not CPS2. CPS1Q games do use 8bit chips for the sound ROMs.

• The change I suggested reduces the size of the memory area affected by the power on memory clean routine, preventing it from writing into the sprite control register, which in turn causes the CPU to halt, crashing the boot process...

• Actually you don't need to erase. just write over, 1000 bytes (hex). Eprom write change bytes from 1 to 0. Since you need to set one bit to 0 there it will work without erasing.

• Did you test yet?

• Quote from xodaraP: “I can confirm that the 980904 Asia region decrypted set from the Avalaunch website isn't working I've burnt the Japan set verified on hardware and it's working fine, so I'll just stick with that instead Edit: I would really prefer the Asia region ROMs since they have English language service menu and story/instruction text if it can be fixed @l_oliveira is this something you would be able to fix when you have time? ” Open the ROM ".03c" on a hex editor and at offset 0x0009FC…

• Keeping a battery while the kit is installed is detrimental and unnecessary. The kit will reprogram the keys every time the board is powered on. The battery may fail and leak corrosive stuff which can ruin the boards (including the flash kit which uses smaller parts, being likely to be corroded more easily than the B board.

• Quote from SEGASHIRO: “If I remember correctly... Rings of Destruction - Slammasters II Vampire Savior 2 Perhaps one of the puzzle/quiz games. My gut feeling is that 3 titles were missing but I can't think of another one. If these are now working...please correct me! ” Those games are on the avalaunch cps2 site. Why wouldn't they be on the CPS2 Multi archive?

• With Tekken 4 the worst issue is a feature modern DVD drives have, where they slow down the disc to 1x when they detect constant reading at low data rate (they assume the drive is playing DVD Video, reducing the speed is meant to reduce acoustic noise produced at the drive) which Tekken 4 is not programmed to deal with. It will act as if the disc is scratched (I.E.: freeze). Also, during the attract mode fight there's no DVD ROM accesses and it lasts long enough for some drives to actually stop …

• You have the earliest firmware flashed in it, so yes you need the ST-LINK thing (HW) to update the kit.

• Perhaps, one idea is you buy the proper six pin connector and mount only the four middle pins with wires...

• Quote from jassin000: “The connector on the B-board actually has 6pins, but because pin 1 and pin 6 are unused (at least on my revision) I was able to use a 5pin connector with one pin popped out and one pin left outside the hood (only making contact with pins 2/3/4/5). ” It has six pins because the connector is rigged in a way to allow Capcom clerk to conveniently power the B board with just the security writer box. The unused pins (on CPS2 multi key writing cable) are exactly GND and +5V suppl…

• Quote from SmokeMonster: “Thanks! After I finish open-sourcing the EverDrive Packs I could maybe start a Patreon, but not while I distribute ROMs publicly. Yes, after a little time passes I'll transition the pack to the unencrypted ROMs. I'll keep this old set available too. I'm going to need someone to send me a ready-to-go unencrypted set to use as the base though. Does anyone have all of them? ” You mean "non decrypted", as in *original* right?

• With a scope and the correct test disc (YEDS-18) you can align a CD player in like 10 minutes. Copying the test disc with a CD writer is moot point, because the disc has intentional (made by a machine at designed spots) scratches in it to test the drive for tracking and focus errors.

• Quote from jassin000: “Quote from SmokeMonster: “I'll be really surprised if someone can pull off a perfect Sega CD or PCECD EMU. ” In the Sega CD's case, the laser sub board which connects to the mainboard via ribbon cable (pretty much just like the design of the Rhea now) would be replaced.XN6ei.jpg ” That's only true for one version of the SEGA-CD2 board. That one in the picture uses a JVC drive with OPTIMA6S optical pickup (same optics as the Saturn). Unfortunately: 4315596065_acc5c0e3b0_o.j…

• CPS2 No sprites

l_oliveira - - General Arcade Tech Help

Probably a control pin bonding failed and it made a internal buffer stop working. You probably noticed that the graphics ROMs are arranged in 2x2 way. The board is capable of reading two or four of them at once. Scroll layers need two of them at once (half of a bank) and sprites need all four(full bank).

• CPS2 No sprites

Quote from yavuzg: “SOLVED... While I was probing the data lines with my scope I noticed that the signal pattern was a bit weird. Although there is activity, didn't looked right. Then I've checked the DL-2027 (CGD) custom's legs, and some of them were generating that weird pattern... I did have another D & D: SOM 100% working non-suicided B-board and took it out from the shelf and monitored the same pins. The signal shape was different... I replaced the DL-2027 and now I have the sprites back an…

• CPS2 No sprites

Have you tried replacing the CIF IC? MIF is apparently some sort of bus arbitration controller for the CPU bus. I'd guess it means "Memory InterFace". I believe CIF is the register frontend for the sprites hardware. The object RAM is connected to the CIF chip.

• The PS3 CPU has some sort of one time programming memory which hold unique per console information. It's tied to the flashrom data in the mainboard and the system controller MCU. You can move these chips around to another motherboard if you move them together. But considering that your CELLBE chip is broken, that system is done for. You need a whole system to replace it.

• Just adding some information here, about complexity tier for these things: PLD (Programmable Logic Device) = stuff like these PALs/GALs seen on CPS1/CPS2 CPLD (Complex Programmable Logic Device) = Stuff like smaller Altera, AMD, MMI, ACTEL and Xilinx chips (40 pins or bigger) used on prototypes and as protection on some arcade boards FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) = Large programmable chips capable of integrating obscene amounts of logic in them including even custom micro processors, soun…

• As with any kind of writable non volatile memory with erase cycles (nandflash, eeprom, norflash) there's a finite number of times it can be erased. When that expires it's no longer writable and there's where that error comes from.