Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• is that... is that someone's attempt at an NES RGB mod ?!

• Quote from caius: “OK, thanks and sorry for bothering you. ” it's no bother at all... really I also have a KOV that I think was updated to a KOV Plus I'll take some pictures and dump that as well.

• Quote from caius: “.Can you, please, try to redump the devices @U3 and U7?Thanks. ” I've cleaned the pins and re-dumped them and they're identical to the files I uploaded previously.

• fantastic progress indeed.

• Region screen says "CHINA" for me.

• Awesome, glad we finally got a good dump. I think the problem all along was it just not sitting straight in the programmer because of the PCB layout. Now that KOV2 is settled I've dumped the EPROMs on KOV-SH: web-nine.com/files/kov_sh.zip There are 3 socketed EPROMs all of them are M27C322 u3 is labeled: S&K FNTCG U3 U7 is labeled: S&K FNTCG U7 U10 is labeled: V-104CN U10 matches for KOVSH ver 104 in MAME but I don't get a mach on the other two. I cleaned and re-dumped to confirm

• To be fair, my first dump was using 27C322 and everyone said I was using the wrong chip I cleaned the pins on the adapter and I cleaned the ziff socket on my programmer and I dumped again... But I think the problem may simply be the shape of this PCB. the SMD is close enough to the pins that it hits the ziff socket and those pins near by may not be making good contact. So I plugged the PCB into an IC socket and plugged that into the the programmer to give it some space. Funny enough I didn't hav…

• Quote from Darksoft: “Also I noticed that both files you posted have the same u104 file. Knights of Valour Super Heroes ? ” no, I haven't done anything with the Super Heroes cart. the u104 should be identical in both files I took 2 separate dumps of kov2104 for comparison.

• I was wrong about the silkscreen. the M27C322 silkscreen is for U18 not U19.. U19 is labeled as "MX23C3210-DIP"

• Quote from Darksoft: “this adapter where the MX29F1610 sits, may not convert into 27c160 but rather be still a MX29F1610, so my advice would be to read it as a MX29F1610 ” My little GQ-4x programmer doesn't natively support the MX29F1610 chip type.

• Thanks! I'm always happy to help with dumps where I can. I think this will be my 3rd contribution (the first two were early revs of Typing of the Dead and Virtual On OT) Is there a command to easily check a dump against MAME source? I feel like RTW mentioned it to me once before but I couldn't find it.

• Quote from caius: “Can you try to redump the two EPROMs @U18 (27C322) and U19 (27C160) just to be sure the dumps are valid?Thanks. ” I've dumped them again, and HxD says the files are a match. If you want to compare yourself I've created a separate file with the new dumps here: web-nine.com/files/kov2104.zip' I've also named the files in this zip using a similar convention to the other versions in MAME.

• Quote from caius: “Can you confirm that you can see V104 just before the title screen? ” yup... V104 arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…fec494c859a0ccacf5c4ce2be

• Quote from PascalP: “Can buy this Turtles in Time PCB, anyone can tell if it used to be a Quiz or other conversion? ” that looks original.

• Quote from skate323k137: “The extra row makes me think it might actually be being used as a 27c800. The last game I looked at it was 27c160 ” Quote from caius: “From pictures I can't see if there is another MX29F1610 on the piggyback board but if there is only one then you have to dump the adapter as 27C160 since this flash ROM is a 16Mbit device like the EPROM.Obviously, If there are two of them you have to dump it as 27C322 so 32Mbit in total. ” There is only the one MX29F1610 I've dumped it a…

• Quote from KalessinDB: “he might be looking at KoV 2: Nine Dragons ” Nope, the game title screen comes up as plain old KOV2 arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…fec494c859a0ccacf5c4ce2be Quote from Darksoft: “Could you dump those eproms?? Just to b100% sure. For KOV2 I noticed mame only shows one Eprom. ” Here's a better picture of the ROM labels: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…fec494c859a0ccacf5c4ce2be I noticed that the adapter board has an extra row of pins: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…fec494c85…

• This appears to be a demo of the Japanese version: vector.co.jp/soft/dl/win95/edu/se183177.html apparently the original PC discs for this are hard to come by. I only found them sold by 3rd party on Amazon.jp for $180!! There also seems to be another version called Typing of the Dead EX that looks like it's more of a typing tutor.

• I feel like a Barcade would play well to your strengths/experience. I don't know that there is enough demand importing cabs to make a living out of it, but it would be a decent supplemental income in addition to whatever else you're doing. I have seen some retro game stores with an attached arcade, no idea what those places make for profit but I'd suspect it's not as lucrative as a barcade and probably a lot more work (constantly hunting for cheap carts and equipment).

• These are My Knights of Valour 2 and my Knights of Valour Super Heroes PCBs... Are these viable for the conversion? arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…fec494c859a0ccacf5c4ce2be ^that little sub PCB just plugs into the EPROM socket and adapts to a SMD ROM on the under-side. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…fec494c859a0ccacf5c4ce2be

• Quote from sammargh: “Mostly I wanted to see what all differs between the two and it would allow using pc debugging tools to figure out the text box issue. ” I'll see if I can find a copy. Quote from sammargh: “textures match from naomi to dc and pc (ranking.bin as an example has the same md5 sum across all releases) ” So the textures that are the same match exactly but when you swap in the ones that are different you end up with a glitchy mess?