Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

• Windjammers Samurai Showdown 2 Real Bout Fatal Fury Special Metal Slug 3 King of Fighters 98 Can’t wait for the mvs multi. I haven’t played windjammers or real bout fatal fury special unless you count a Neo Geo x with hacked game cards for the full library.

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “I have someone else that it doesn't work on their -4. The pictures all match what you guys are posting here. I wonder what causes it to not work? ” On the version 4 board mine was originally a Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers and it had a riser board that you normally don't see on the cps2 b boards. My kit was also one of the later batches since I got it around April last year from Paradise Arcade. Doubt any of it matters but wanted to mention it if helps to …

• Here you go mitsu. Ignore the orange reboot wire. It is unsoldered but I left one end connected to the side in case I had to roll back the firmware. Going to remove it tonight once I reload my sd card so I have Progear Red again.

• I had a chance to upgrade the firmware yesterday and update my sd card with the latest roll up pack. I used your torrent with all the everdrive files get the files as well as files for my everdrives. However I hit a snag on the Progear Red Label. I just get a red screen and what's odd is it loads the rom in like 3 seconds instead of the usual 15 seconds most games take and then I see it write the key. Do you know if Progear Red Label w/key works or if I need to download the individual download o…

• I had today off due to a snow day so my cps2 weekend project ended up being a today project. Happy to report it worked perfectly on my version 4 board. Add the flash file to the root of my sd card, booted it up, you will see a flashing light next to the sd card slot and a mostly blank lcd but the progress bars have a faint look to them, then after about 10 seconds it stops and you see the normal game screen on the lcd hinting it is done, turned it off, confirmed the flash file was removed off my…

• Just wanted to confirm the firmware update process. I have version 4 cps2 board and a multi from last year so I don't think I will need a discovery granted I do this right. 1) Add the flash file to my sd card 2) Boot up the multi with the sd card so it writes the firmware and turn off when finished 3) Take the cover off and remove the reboot wire 4) Add the 4 wires as listed here. DATAArduino #2→ CN2 A32 SETUP1Arduino #3→ CN2 A30 CLOCKArduino #11→ CN2 A31 SETUP2Arduino #12→ CN2 A29 5) Add my res…

• I ended up ordering one this morning.

• Looking to replace my cps2 sticker with a darksoft cps2 (original darksoft) label. I found one seller online but it was 10 euro plus 4 for item to ship it to the usa. Wanted to check here to see if there are any other sellers or if anyone can hook me up on one. Just bought one of those lcd frames and holster. Pimping out my setup before my neogeo multi comes. I have my mvs and cps2 out in the open next to my hd tv (ossc) and pvm. Kind of have a disassembled cabinet setup going on in my gameroom.

• This new firmware completely slipped by me. Awesome work finding a way to add encrypted roms so we can have roms 100% untouched for us hard to please purists. Question, does this firmware add any other new features or will this allow any additional games that weren't on the last rom pack? (The one with full names, primarily the english versions, and hacked roms that had extra characters unlocked.) Trying to decide if I will update the firmware and modify the pcb wiring. I'm ok with decrypted rom…

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “ This is something that IS possible. Just not sure when. It would require booting directly to the game list and then maybe loading the game as soon as you exit the game menu. Not impossible at all. ” Awesome. I was planning on using my cart this way 90% of the time. Basically go to the main game list, select the game, and boot right in. I'm amazed at how fast it loads. I expected it to be faster but WOW! You had me cracking up on the last game demo. You were bored at the…

• Damaged PVM? What next?

kadrik0 - - Monitor Help

Thanks. I bought the coil one. The wand seemed slightly tricky to use plus it is 220v so I'd have to buy a transformer/converter from hk too. How close is too close when using the deguassing coil around hard drives? The reason I ask is I have hard drives all over the place. Like in the retro game room my ps2, wii, and Xbox all have hard drives. I have a few sd cards too like my pi and everdrives. My pvm is currently in the garage where I am planning to degauss it but in the very next room 8 ft o…

kadrik0 - - Monitor Help

Got a full refund. Going to buy a degaussing coil to see if I can bring it back to life.

kadrik0 - - Monitor Help

Thanks. Still waiting to hear back on what they will do. They aren't open on the weekend so I should hear back today. It was pretty much a gov deals type operation and was selling used college equipment from a university in North Carolina. I was messing around with the corded drill degauss technique and came close to fixing it. Just not powerful enough. I can usually come close to getting a good picture with a few magnets in key places but as soon as I turn the monitor off and on it changes posi…

kadrik0 - - Monitor Help

Hi, Just want some input. I bought a sony pvm-20m4u off eBay and it was shipped via ups. They didn't use a thick cardboard box but did use bubble wrap and packing peanuts. The top left and top right bezel are badly cracked. The little loops at the bottom left and right were snapped off. When I powered it on it did work but there was a green tint in the bottom left corner and blue tint high and low on the right corners. Given the condition I'm not sure I want to crack it open. I was able to pictu…

• Just post in the wanted section adsa. I had three offers in 24 hours. I've been watching ebay for like 2 weeks and I've only seen one that went for like $160 but it was a Marvel vs Capcom USA a and b board. They are there but the thing is most sellers probably don't want to post a suicided or potentially dead board on ebay. I even posted on craigslist and had one offer. Just be ready with about $120. That seemed to be the ballpark asking price everyone wanted. Paradise Arcade still has all the p…

• It's if you consolized a new geo mvs arcade board that there's concerns with power. For example, I have a one slot mvs that in the instructions you need about 5-7 amps. No biggie "if" you have an arcade power supply. For me, I use a 2 amp hard drive power adapter (uses molex connector like on ide hard drives) that way you don't have to splice power cords or use a chunky out of the case pc power supply with wires going everywhere. I can play official games as well as the 138 and 161 multicart wit…

• Question. Is there a sd card size limitation? Does it top off at 32gb, 64gb, of will it support higher capacity cards? Not sure if you have the entire library of games on your card for testing but if you do do you know what size card you are using? Just wanted to ask. With cyber Monday coming in a few days I'll have a great opportunity to snag a cheap high quality sd card.

• I asked about this before on the games. You can load your sd card with all the games but you can only have up to 4 loaded into the flash cart's memory for quick access. You will be able to change the games anytime you want. Count yourself lucky we get 4 slots. I have an old sega mega drive and any time I want to change games I have to reflash the 1 memory slot which takes time. At least we get something close to a 4 slot mvs. You can load it with 3 of your favorites and swap out the last slot wh…

• Any news on a video? I've been dying to see this baby in action even if the menu is still a WIP. If you do post a video can you maybe show it jumping from game to game? Windjammers and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 would be great example games just to show off you can beat the 161 in 1.

• Definitely going to try to buy as soon as you add this as a preorder for the mvs. Question on the 4 game slots. So, when add our games to the SD card we only add 4 decrypted games at a time? I was wondering if it was possible to add all the games we are interested in playing to the SD card and then via a menu we flash each of the 4 slots with whatever we want to play. Just wasn't sure how it works on adding the games. Really hoping for the 2nd just so I won't have to plug the SD card in that oft…