Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

• Ohh... Exciting! Been waiting for this

• Quote from jassin000: “ You obviously don't power your Naomi with a Capcom IO. DIMMs (all of 'em) are power hungry sluts that need to go away. ” You are right on this one ;D

• Quote from jassin000: “This was discussed in detail concerning RS2 and MvC2 character unlocks. It seems the majority of Naomi carts save to the motherboard SRAM. So a Darksoft multicart wouldn't be able to save these type of settings, unless someone figures out how to read and write the mobo SRAM natively and writes the software to do so. ” True. But it should keep the settings for the last booted game if the Naomi thinks it's a regular cart. And that would be good enough I think. I don't switch…

• I'd take at least one in a heart beat if it remember settings after boot (like calibration on gun games... soooo annoying when you use a RPi for this) I might take multiple carts depending on features. What I want (in order) is: 1) Fast boot on last selected game. I don't care if it takes a few minutes when I change the game. 2) Game to remember free play/calibration settings (it is ok if it lose settings if I switch game, but it would be awesome if it did remember the settings) 3) Support Atomi…

• Custom JVS I/O - MEGA JVS

Gondar - - Project Ideas

Quote from winteriscoming: “ Like if you ended a race on 6th gear, how would it know to reset? Or do you think it would be acceptable to have to down shift on your own at the beginning of the next race? ” Why would it reset by itself? On a WMMT cabinet you would have to manually put it in the 1st gear since it will not auto center. With a two way shifter you could potentially solve it by having a timer. Hold gear up for 2 sec to put it in 1st gear, or something like that. The neutral position th…

• You crazy kids Guilty Gear AC if I really have to choose just one... Or Ikaruga, depending on my mood. Or maybe Initial D 3.... or.... Really, there are quite a few kick as games on the Naomi and that's why it's my all time favorite system.

• I'll see what I can do. Right now my driving cab is in pieces at the bottom of a ton of stuff in the shed, so hard to get to it. Otherwise I would have posted it right away. It might actually be faster for me to just rewrite the script from scratch right now.

• "I want too, please add me to it" +1... or rather... I would like at least 3

• Yes. I've noticed this on all driving cabs. Seems to be related to what group, id and game you're using. Whatever is causing it, it will not save the ip address. I solved this on my raspberry pi by checking ip addresses on the network before running the netboot.py script. I don't have access to it right now, but something like "sudo arp-scan --interface=eth0 --localnet" should return ip on network. When you know what ip your naomis have, it's simply a matter of running the netboot script with th…

• I don't know if it's useful to you. But Bigpanik at Supermodel worked on an model 3 interface board a while ago. He only made it auto center I think. Check his link superusr.free.fr/model3.htm . Maybe you might get a piece of the puzzle from it, maybe not

• Help buying the right 256 stuff

Gondar - - System 246/256

Quote from defor: “ Yes, I normally only use one drum, but unless you ground the analog inputs for the second drum (or connect a second analog device), the analog inputs are floating, and will act as repeated drum hits. ” Aaaah. So THIS is why I had some problems. It was driving me mad, even though I have temporarily stopped working on my Taiko cabinet in favor of other projects. Thank you so very much, this is the final piece of the puzzle for me

• Poker cabinet conversion

Gondar - - Project Showcase

Thank you for the kind words Yes. I thought about a real CRT, and I would have preferred that. But as you wrote, they're getting harder to find and prices are not even funny. Even if I would find a tube on Craigslist the shipping to Sweden would probably kill me :/. I have a few leads however, and if I get ahold of one I will switch the monitor to the real deal. It's generally much easier to find bigger tubes than small ones. I'll probably going to switch the raspberry for a real arcade board in…

• Poker cabinet conversion

A friend of mine got some old poker cabinets cheap. So I grabbed one and got to work. The old monitor hade severe burn in so it had to go. I used a 5:4 17" IPS (5ms). Picture is fantastic, it's just missing scanlines and a tinted plexi in front of it (to make it darker, it's on the lowest setting right now). All finish it this weekend for sure For the moment I use a Raspberry Pi 2. It's configured so that player 1 start also function as button 1. This makes it possible to play games like Donkey …

• Kraylix Slim kit

Wow. Looks much better than I thought it would. Good job!

• Great work! I'm going to do something similar with a Off Road Challenge... Too many other projects for the moment though

• HD converted NUC

It's laminated wood. I used to work as a carpenter (and now as a developer... life is full of changes) so I pretty much get material for free/dirt cheap from my old work. You usually use this material as the backside for kitchen cabinets

• HD converted NUC

@Logan McCloud: Sure thing

• HD converted NUC

Yeah yeah, I'm lazy (J/K)

• Hi from Sweden!

Gondar - - Introduce Yourself!

Yeah, those three old machines actually belongs to CHO. They are his extras (he has one more of each in even better condition). He's really nice to let us borrow them. Good old games.

• HD converted NUC

Yeah. Viewlix (and other HD cabinets) are really expensive, but they sure look great. I might build one in the future. But I just have to many other projects right now. ... also, space is becoming an issue really fast.