Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 379.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dragon Spirit

caius - - User's Repair Logs

B2-D2-E2 are the color palette RAMs (one for each RGB color)

• Quote from xodaraP: “Quote from hackcell: “can you copy palce16v8h info into a GAL16v8? This for a CPS1. Thanks. ” Yes but it needs to be dumped correctly (a PAL is protected) and converted into GAL All CPS1 PALs have been dumped and converted already as far as I'm aware and are available on jammarcade ” PALCE16V8 are often used in place of GAL16V8 because they have the same fusemap.So, most of times, you can use a PALCE16V8 in place of a GAL16V8 or viceversa. A PLD (GAL or PAL) is not necessari…

• C5 is 10uF as well as C3 an C6.Anyway, it doesn't hurt if you use a 10uF in place on 4.7uF.

• Quote from juanmiglesias: “just want to confirm this info with anyone that knows these boards, as I see the repro is missing c10 and c8 is 100? ” The repro is not missing anything from original module, I just used one capacitor (C8 on repro) in place of two (C8 and C9 on original module) because the original ones are in parallel.So, according to the fomula below : 47uF + 47uF = 94uF (I used a 100uF) 51951385ce395f451f000000.png I hope it's clear for you now. And yes, C1 and C3 in the schematics …

• Quote from Hammy: “Too many sockets will cause issues too, best to solder TTL's direct i have found. ” That's true.Most of cheap sockets are unreliable causing bad contacts unless you use round machine ones but this would cost a fortune so, yes, it's better to solder TTLs directly on board.Choose manufacturers like Hitachi, their TTLs are bomb proof.

• Quote from Hammy: “The other parts on this board are quite good, all hitachi and stuff. ” Yes, it seems all boards from Alpha-Denshi manufacturer make massive use of Hitachi TTLs which are well known to be reliable unlike Fujitsu and Texas Instruments ones...

• Quote from Mrhide: “You almost seem sad that it was so easy ! Who else would say "we'll it's all working but let's try to reproduce something, just for fun" amazing. ” Ahahahah!Thanks.Well, we are not speaking about a 'CPS-A-01' or other full digital ASIC so the part was really easy (for me at leat) to replicate.Here 's the "naked part" : decapped-Copia.jpg Quote from Mrhide: “Now you make me wanna find a board for my rotary joystick! ” And I'm looking instead for a rotary joystick!it seems they…

• Thanks for the list!Maybe not the most wanted reproduction but it's always good to have it in my opinion

• Bought on eBay from the States a Time Soldiers PCB which arrived to me some days ago (by the way, thanks to 'coolmod' for his mediation and forwarding) : DSCN9845.jpg Auction described the board as “TESTED NOT WORKING-GARBAGE ON SCREEN-MISSING CHIP” The missing chip was actually one of four program ROMs: missing-program-ROM.jpg I programmed a blank EPROM and finally powered the board up.All I got was a partially dimmed screen in which I could recognize the power-on TEST which probaby failed sinc…

• Namco System 2 motherboard is the same among all games, it has identical layout (a socketed 68000 CPU doesn't mean the board is different...).The VIDEO board is, instead, different.There are three versions of VIDEO board but only one can be used for conversion.

• Mobo missing components.

caius - - Capcom's CPS-III

Quote from geldra: “So it’ll boot but some inputs may not be registered? ” Exactly. Quote from geldra: “So, in terms of a replacement (if that’s an offer?), I could either try and desolder an existing one or get the values you need? ” Yes but keep in mind it's not a standard resistor array hence the internal structure must be figured out before you can measure the resistence values.I also think the part contains some capacitors for filtering like it happens for other similar part.Anyway, I think…

Quote from caius: “The 'CRE438-65' is likely a custom resistor array used for inputs handling ”

The 'CRE438-65' is likely a custom resistor array used for inputs handling.I don't know if it's used on other Capcom hardware, it could be present under different part name.it's very easy to reproduce it (like I did for many other similar components), I woud need a donor part or the resistance values at least. Anyway, its lack doesn't prevent the board to boot in any way. is it a 10 pin part?

• PCB part identicification

caius - - General Arcade Tech Help

Not really, your problem is elsewhere (probably main CPU related).

• Quote from -Ace-: “How can I tell what sort/type of diodes these are for replacement? I tried typing in the numbers, etc. from the pic, but nothing comes up exactly this description. . . ” You can safely use a 1N4003.As for the TD62064AP, it's a darlington array.A said, it's part of the coin counters/lockouts circuit along with the mentioned diodes.

• I think there is some bad/loose contact somewhere on the PCB.Try to flex/press different areas until you figure where to intervene.

• The '315-5242' is a custom IC used on some Sega arcade systems : - System C/C2 - System 18/24/32 - System X - System Y It's basically a video DAC connected to the color RAMs, which provides analog outputs for driving a monitor.It accomplishes also some special functions like making the video output grayscale instead of color or enabling shadow/highlight effect.It comes under the form of a ceramic module covered by black paint or epoxy : 315-5242-paint.jpg 315-5242-epoxy.jpg The 'core' of the '31…

• As many of you may know I made some time ago a reprodution of the 'HK-1000', a custom IC used on some PCBs manufactured by Toaplan : Toaplan ‘HK-1000’ reproduction The replacement was welcomed by arcade enthusiasts and collectors who used it to repair faulty boards but actually it was not a 1:1 replica of the original chip because the handling function of the coin counters/lockouts was missing since because I intentionally omitted it, not considering it of primary importance. For the uninitiated…

• No, the package is QFP100 and not PLCC.The best woud be to try to read it in circuit thru the JTAG port.But as Hammy said this CPLD is probably not involved in your sound issue.

• The EPM7064 is complex programmable logic device (CPLD) hence it must be programmed to build the internal logics.You can try to read yours and then program a new one with dump but most likely the security bit has been set.Usually these devices are programmed in circuit using JTAG port.