Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For some reason the YouTube link was malformed. This should work: youtu.be/bDhDjNsyAlw

• Quote from opt2not: “very cool idea. so for anyone who wants to build an arcade game and having it run on dedicated hardware? That's interesting for sure! ” That's the idea! You take the open-source PCB file, have it made by the manufacturer of your choice and shipped to you (costing less than $20 unless you choose all of the bougie options), order the ~$30 of parts (resistors, capacitors, microcontrollers, etc.) from the distributor of your choice (e.g. Mouser), solder the board together with a…

• JAMMA Custom Arcade Project (JCAP) zlPQGJ4.jpg JCAP is a project with the goal of developing a JAMMA arcade standard compatible game board using the Parallax Propeller 1 (P8X32A) microcontroller upon which a user can implement their own custom arcade game, either from scratch or by using the library of graphics, sound, input, and other drivers developed under the project. Ultimately, the project will provide: - VGA video driver - Sprite/tile based graphics driver - PWM sound driver - Serialized …

• Hey all! I'm currently assembling my custom arcade cabinet, and was hoping someone could help clarify some aspects of the power supply system for me. There are plenty of good resources outlining the general construction, and they all follow pretty much the exact same layout. I currently already have my switching power supply and fuse-built-in power cable + switch. I understand the purpose of the ac line filter (attenuating line noise both in and out), as well as the isolation transformer (reduci…

• Quote from xodaraP: “Nice. Can you allude to how powerful you're aiming for the system to be? Will it be a system designed to run large scale shmups or are you aiming more for platformers/fighting games? I do see that you'll be looking towards expansion boards, will these include additional input options? Wheels, spinners, guns etc? ” At the moment this project is geared towards the types of games you would have found in the 80s, so platformers and top-downs and the like. Down the road, the proj…

• Quote from skate323k137: “This would be awesome to see, especially if it's safe to assume it's more powerful than the old UZEbox. ” Certain to be more powerful, and will support expansion daughter boards as well to extend its power.

• Quote from acblunden2: “In a nutshell, this is equivalent to an console for arcades? And the console shall simply be a reference design and anyone can pick up the reference and build their own PCB? ” That's fairly accurate yes. As far as it being a "console", it's really no different than any other arcade game PCB besides the fact that the hardware isn't necessarily tailored directly to a specific game.

• zlPQGJ4.jpg JAMMA Custom Arcade Project (JCAP) CURRENT STATUS: Developing VGA driverWhat is it? JCAP is a project with the goal of developing a JAMMA arcade standard compatible game board using the Parallax Propeller 1 (P8X32A) microcontroller upon which a user can implement their own custom arcade game, either from scratch or by using the library of graphics, sound, input, and other drivers developed under the project. Ultimately, the project will provide: - VGA video driver - Sprite/tile based…

• Is there any specific reason that everyone would be interested in an I/O board?

• I think because of the simplicity of the boards, I'll stick with Eagle. No need to get fancy with my first PCB design project.

• Wow that's surprising, from my research I was under the impressing the boards were separate, and the I/O board fairly common. The I/O board is certainly the more difficult to make, and my experience with Eagle is at a toddler's roughly, so if someone with experience could walk me through a few steps I would make great time. I may take you up on your offer! Thanks!

• Yes i believe so. I'm actually considering just buying a JVS I/O board and only custom-making the game cartridge, since there's no real need to re-invent the wheel here. I could then extend the project to being completely focused on easily creating your own arcade game cartridges. We'll see!

• Hello everyone! As of the 13th of last month, I am a computer engineering graduate from Virginia Tech and a 2nd Lt. in the US Air Force. While I'm waiting for my EAD date, I'm hanging at home and working a software engineering internship for some spending money. I'm from central Virginia, born and raised. I kind of define my life by doing things on a whim and trying a bit of everything. Some of the more memorable things I've done are driving round trip with a good friend to Vegas to play poker f…

• JAMMA Video Standard The JAMMA Video Standard, or JVS, is an updated version of an earlier protocol standard simply called JAMMA. JAMMA is an analog protocol which became the standard connection scheme for almost all arcade machines built by Namco Bandai, Sega, Taito, Tecmo, Capcom, Konami and Atlus, among others since 1985. Released in 1996, JVS supports several modernized features such as USB and VGA support. Assuming the protocol and connections are utilized for a custom arcade game board, on…