Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You get any voltage from the output pins? N have you tried replacing the op amps?

• Hi @iTRDC2 . Glad you have the Diag cart already. Ok so have you checked the Power Amp HA13001? Probe pins 7, and 12 with a multimeter. They are the outputs, you should get a voltage reading. Around 6-12v if I recall correctly.

• If you have a spare MVS cart with a ZMC chip you can burn a DiagRom on a (27C001), replace the M1 on the CHA board with the DiagRom and check for z80 errors in depth. You also need to burn a separate DiagRom file (Sp1) on a 27C1024 and use instead of your current bios. Details are here: smkdan.eludevisibility.org/neo/diag/ I'm currently making a cart for this purpose. I am also having sound issues with my MVS boards.

• ok, so update on the 2Slot situation. I've changed all the caps apart from the 10 or so 4.7uf (they are arriving in the mail. MV2-A - Slot 2 - first sounded distorted, Sound test in Hardware was fine. Re aligned cart pins for better contact..now works fine. Slot 1 - Did exactly the same but the distortion did not change. Here is a video I took highlighting the audio.. youtu.be/3MJ3fesu2kw MV2F - Both slots put out awful sound distortion but you can only hear it through the headphone socket, ther…

• Thanks for your reply @nem Oh indeed I expected odd audio but nothing like the distortion I have now. I also took the audio directly from the headphone cable and it still sounded awful. I have updated the video link in the original post. Hopefully this one will work It is not the video I took, its from the seller.

• I've tested the 2 slots on my Jamma cab that previously had a fully functioning 1 slot MVS. I get the audio distortion from the headphone socket as well.

• I have purchased 2, 2 slots. 1 MV2FS and the other MV2-01. They are both experiencing this odd sound distortion, crackling noises, farting, Poppin it's horrible. The start up jingle plays fine though. Here is a video ( i apologize for the bad quality) youtube.com/watch?v=jyP5H-2HF-I Should I start off with a simple cap replacement around the audio section? Or could it be I need a new YM3016D chip? I should clear the backup ram first I take it. Didn't think of that till now. Cheers

• Get your MultiMVS Here:

TobyRieper - - Neo-Geo MVS and AES

Brilliant, I've noticed the US distributor is closed from Nov 1 - 30th. I would assume I'll be able to get the cart before Christmas from the savegames.it Be a great present to myself :). The 161 is ok with Uni 4 and I'm just doing gadgetUK's fixes on it now

Lovely, thanks a million. I'll wait n use the old 161.

@Darksoft Do you have a window of when your MVS multicarts are available to purchase again? I've just consolized my MV1A and would like more games to play than just Metal Slug (My favourite) Was thinking of getting one of those cheapo banana carts in the mean time to use with Pick N Mix Function on UniBios. (I heard it makes the experience of the 161 alot better)

• - Thank you that's a neat little board. Yes please that would be most helpful. do you have the BOM as well? Until I get the parts I'm using a much simpler circuit as attached.

• Having read through this thread and seen some different views on resistor configurations can anyone confirm that the original resistor values output correct signals for a MVS connected through RGB Scart - Retrotink 2 x - Flat panel TV.. I am in PAL land. I am about to order the components for @SVM cMVS board

I am very much looking forward to getting the Darksoft MVS. I started off with NeoGeo on the odroid (emulation) then gravitated to the MiSteR. After that I wanted the real deal so I got a NeoCD on the cheap. Still not happy with it (a few of may fav games aren't on the CD) so I thought what the heck. Make a CMVS and get a ROM cart!! I was going to go for the Neo SD as the price was tempting but after doing some research I'd rather give my hard earned cash to Darksoft. Paypal is a bonus (I can do…

• Thanks I hope it helps others :), I am now troubleshooting the DBS2 board. I've tested all the connections apart from the volume pot and the conductors going from the coin box to the cab. I've got power around 4v on the board and the 4 LEDs light up. No problems hearing the sound effects, crowd , car engines etc.

• Successful- swapping the IC for aforementioned part works. Now have beautiful non corrupted graphics in all its glory. If anyone has a similar problem with one of these SGRAM boards looks like there's a few alternatives from the original. As long as it has the same memory and timings

• Heyy folks, I'm new here and would just like to greet everybody on these forums. I am helping out a firend who runs an arcade and needed some help with the model 3 videoboard. According to this help document over at aussie arcade forums (aussiearcade.com/forum/arcade/…l-3-step-2-0-repair-guide) I have a faulty IC12. The 'Polygon Memory, IC70 and IC71 fail the test and according to this guide the step 2 boards use a single IC (IC12) instead of the two afformentioned chips. I cannot find these chi…