Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 117.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Monitor Test Bench Solution Help.

98pacecar - - Monitor Help

Craftymech test pattern generator for anything rgb. craftymech.com/arcade-test-pattern-generator/ Just need an iso to power the monitor. The tpg is powered off a 9v battery.

• I’m going to have to pull the monitor in my blast anyway, so happy to be a test bed if you need one. Will give me a good reason to have Bagheera over!

• Toobin'

98pacecar - - Repair Logs

I wish I could offer a suggestion, but I've been needing a solution for low voltage AC power myself. If anybody has a way to do it, it would open up a lot of potential repairs on older and oddball stuff.

• MK1 Sound Board Repair

Finally sat down and looked at the dead sound board I got with my previous MK1 main board. Out of the gate, it had no signs of life at all. All the boards I got out of this lot had a lot of corrosion and rust, so I expected the same here. Visual inspection showed that the GAL on the board was sitting in a corroded socket. Pulled and replaced that, but no luck. Broke out the logic probe and found that all address and data lines on the ROMS were not pulsing. Checked at the CPU and found the same. …

• The fiberglass pen did the trick. Didn’t take much scrubbing either. Thanks for the reminder! Sound board still doesn’t work, but that’s another topic. Lol!

• Mortal Kombat 1 - DOA

I always wondered about that possibility. The daughter board has a GAL and a crystal on it, so I assumed it was more than just protection. Admittedly, that's way out of my area of expertise so I'm likely wrong.

• Nah, these are through hole. I didn’t think about using my fiberglass pen. I’ll dig it out and try it tomorrow. Thanks!

• I’m working through a dead MK1 sound board. Pulled the 3 caps that power the amp and found some minor leaking. Cleaned it up, doused it in flux, but I can’t get the top pads to take any solder. They are fairly heavy traces, so I bumped my temp to 750 from 650, but still no luck. Any tricks to be sure I’ve gotten all the nasty stuff off?

• Mortal Kombat 1 - DOA

Speeds it up, makes it possible to juggle more, sub zero’s freeze makes the opponent levitate, reptile comes out more often. Stuff like that. It’s a cool bit of history, but not really all that great. Just hard to find since it needs a daughter board to run.

• Mortal Kombat 1 - DOA

Quote from Frank_fjs: “Well done! Love a happy ending. ” I must have missed that day in repair school!! Lol!! Quote from jassin000: “Quote from 98pacecar: “but it did have the Kombo board add-on so it was worth grabbing ” This makes it less valuable IMO, not more. ” I hadn’t played this version in probably 20 years. I wasn’t near as excited about it as I used to be, but I think it’ll still make the cut as a keeper. Mainly just to mess with people!

• Mortal Kombat 1 - DOA

Oops, misspoke in my post. I replaced the PLCC socket, not the actual chip. I found a few online, but at ~$50 a pop I didn't want to buy them. Got lucky that my chip worked, just needed a clean socket.

• Mortal Kombat 1 - DOA

I had picked up a dead MK1 board a long time ago, with the intention of parting it out. It gave me a blank screen and showed no signs of activity, but it did have the Kombo board add-on so it was worth grabbing. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…cbb4756db9c6595bbb643fc93 I got bored over the weekend and started to look a bit more closely. Noticed the PLCC socket for the graphics processor was corroded pretty badly, so I pulled the chip, gave it a quick cleaning, and put it back in. That got me to t…

• Quote from 8bitforlife: “Also alot of kcs blast have an issue with a electronic rattling or noise. It was found out that there are metal tabs under neath the yoke that have rusted and have gotten loose. Which would also be the cause of convergence.GENTLY shake the yoke and mind the cables so they dont come loose and see if any of those metal shaving come out. ONLY do this if you here a noise or vibrating when you run a game. But if you try to fix the convergence with these in the yoke it well be…

• Raiden repair

Quote from GeekMan1222: “I got a raiden board sitting in the "to-do" pile, only outputs A blue screen with some garbage on the left side and then a white screen after about a minute or so and no sound. Maybe it will be as easy of a repair for me as well when I get to it. Nice to know Caius made repro's for that stuff and you got your board up and running! ” I suppose it’s possible the UEC-52 could be the culprit on the video. I’d drop a pm to Caius and get his opinion. His stuff is top notch and…

• I’m in!!!

• Raiden repair

Got a raiden board that I was told was completely dead and covered in coke. When I tested it, I found no video, but if I tapped on the HB-41 custom responsible for sound, I’d periodically get some game sounds. Touched up a few questionable solder points under the board and audio came back. Got a Caius repro just in case. For the video, I quickly tested the outputs at the jamma edge and found no signal at all. I should have noticed, but the UEC-52 custom was complexly ripped off the board. Cleane…

• MS2931 screen randomly expands

I wonder if this is a newer batch that are working better. Regardless, very cool that it’s working for you!

Sweet! I really hope a good replacement comes around for for this fly back. These monitors are too nice to not keep running.

That looks promising! Did you check the B+ so see if it's in the normal range?

• Woo hoo! Ordered a couple!