Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• I wasn't expecting it today so sadly I hadn't downloaded the roll up pack yet... still waiting for that to finish

• no video through VGA is kind of a problem for those who would be be interested in playing on an LCD cab. a lot of them don't support DVI/HDMI

• look what the postman delivered today 27881238_591948041153378_1301502363453882368_n.jpg 28150904_163680167617332_4423419837858971648_n.jpg

• System 369 Multi Confirmed!

• The raster lines like that are generally caused by the flyback being turned up too high. you'll want to adjust down the "screen"/"gain" pot on the flyback. if this was working properly before it was shipped then it's possible you got a cracked/cold solder joint somewhere, potentially around the flyback or part of the B+ circuitry that drives it. you'll want to pull the boards and inspect for solder joints that look like this: 2010-05-09_174104_Issue_1.jpg or like this: 2010-02-11_174149_solder_j…

• Quote from tom5151: “I got a SF2' CE from ebay, but it looks strange to me. The A-Board looks like a long board (10MHz) but not a dashboard. Can you guys try to figure out what I've bought ? Fortunately, the game is working and the price (for an ebay price) was not that high. Unfortunately, it's not gonna be useful for an hypothetical CPS1 multi ” it looks like someone took a SF2 World Warrior and converted it to CE. that "B-12" C-board was used on World Warrior and Mercs. you could potentially …

• I've had a chance to play through to the end and saw no additional sprite issues. Of course I appreciate the help everyone here provided I thought I had said so, but if not, I apologize.

• SUCCESS! 28155676_564338417261076_1551751059611844608_n.jpg it was J1 that needed to be swapped. it was the only jumper in the sprite rom region that I couldn't figure out what it did so I figured I'd just swap it to see what happened. So using the proper 27C080 ROMs for graphics and the 27C010 ROMs for the program the jumper layout looks like this: main board J1 -> 1 J2 -> 1 J3 -> 1 J4 -> 1 J5 -> W J6 -> HEN J7 -> OT J8 -> OT J9 -> OT J10-> 4S J11-> 2S ROM board J1 -> B J2 -> OT J3 -> OT J4 -> …

• Is there any way to region swap these PGM carts? My DDP2 comes up as "Taiwan" it'd be nice if I could get an English title screen and mode selection.

• Looking for Linux Expert

twistedsymphony - - Project Ideas

Quote from stj: “somebody loan me one of those filter boards, and i'll create a schematic. i may even trace it on the motherboard-side. i only have the motherboard. ” you can get one here cheap: tms-designs.com/theshed/default.asp?stockid=2614

• Quote from caius: “Try to invert the order of the EPROM in sockets (so '000' goes in '030', '010' in '020' and '020' in '010' and '030' in '000'). ” I tried this and there was no real change. they're all currently on 27c801 chips, Unfortunately I don't think I have any 27C040 laying around to try using those.

• So I poked around with a meter and traced out how the jumpers were routing things Most of the jumpers seem to just pull pin 1 of the ROM high in one position and route it to the appropriate IC in the other position. with this I swapped J6 which properly routes pin 1 of 000,010,020, and 030 to connector C2 and J12, and J14 which properly route pin 1 of C00 and C10 to one of the large surface mount ICs this made a substantial improvement in that text and backgrounds now look correct, but sprites t…

• Quote from xodaraP: “It sounds like it's crashing and then forces the reboot so ROMs are definitely worth looking at - but often power is the issue for garbage/reboot on games too so I think @ekorz might be onto something with those caps. If they're a common type it may well be worth replacing them. Granted you would think it would freeze up and reboot during attract, but if one of the caps is bad, one of the ROMs may be more sensitive to it than the others ” it's definitely something in the fir…

Interesting, I've never heard of the JVS card being called the "Baseboard".

Quote from sammargh: “the baseboard ” define what you mean by "baseboard" .... THIS is the "lower filterboard" or the "security/dip filter board" arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…4315853191347b8712cf30fdf that is where the security key plugs in, it's got dip switches, 2 LEDs, 2 buttons (test and service), and a pin header it plugs directly into the "motherboard" via what I believe is either a parallel port or something completely custom to the Lindbergh motherboard. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind……

Quote from sammargh: “From my understanding the Lindbergh baseboard is JVS so it would just be a standard serial port (could be wrong here) and provides a list of function calls that programs can use. ” Unlike Type X, Lindbergh's JVS port is mounted on a PCI card: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…4315853191347b8712cf30fdf

• I've inspected all the pins and the solder joints for the pins. I tested/reflowed the caps and solder joins on the sockets that looked like they had been reworked. no change this weekend I'll dump the program roms to check them against MAME to see if there is any corruption.

• Quote from caius: “You can figure out jumper setting for sprites ROM very easily yourself.27C080 has one more address line compared to 27C040 so check which are the jumpers which route signal to this further address line. ” excellent point. I'll check that out when I get home from work.

• Quote from caius: “Refer to these two pictures for jumpers settings of CPU and ROM board: arcade.ym2149.com/pcb/irem/fir…ainboard_a-a_partside.jpg arcade.ym2149.com/pcb/irem/fir…ameboard_b-a_partside.jpg ” I ended up having to change these jumpers: Main-Board: j6 j10 ROM-Board: j1 j4 j6 j9 j11 j12 j14 After doing that the game boots and plays and has sound but the sprites are all messed up. it also just shows some garbled text in test mode I'm going to guess this might have to do with the jumper…

• I just burned the chips to convert my M107 Dream Soccer 94 into Air Assault. After swapping the ROM the board fails to boot. artifacts flicker on screen for about 1 second and then it freezes on this: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…4315853191347b8712cf30fdf it does the same thing when trying to boot into test mode. I've pulled and verified that all the chips were burned properly Are there some Jumpers that need to be changed for this conversion. I noticed that DS94 used two chip location (c01, a…