Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 994.

• I went ahead and ordered the parts needed for a single camera alternative unit for MKAGP1/2 and got the total in at $75.30. This includes a dedicated 2.5A 5V PSU, Rasberry Pi Model 3B, pack of 5-foot ethernet cables, an RPi camera (I want to experiment with the dedicated camera), and a 32GB micro SD card. Those who use a single motherboard and netboot source with just a cross-over cable may have to invest in a switch/hub/router to use with this if adding it as a 3rd networked component. I would …

• I don't currently have controls wired up to get Mario Kart to actually start a game from my test bench and I don't have time to test it in the cab today, but on the bench I can pass the camera test at boot and get the game booted into attract mode. I assume it's going work in-game and simply display whatever is hosted at: ip/img.jpg Whatever method is used to update img.jpg is basically inconsequential. Any number of solutions could be put in place to make that happen. The RPi3 seems to handle b…

• So the simple test I just ran is plugging in a super old and terrible web cam into the RPi and using a program called fswebcam, I can enter a command to save a capture to img.jpg that is hosted by the apache server. This is a webcam I had originally tried to get working with OctoPi for my 3d printer, but couldn't get a live a stream from it. It would generate stills, so it works for this test. Here are details on fswebcam: raspberrypi.org/documentation/usage/webcams/ The Mario Kart camera test s…

• IT WORKS!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I set up an apache server on my RPi and posted a test image that's apparently in the rom file per this page: tcrf.net/Mario_Kart_Arcade_GP I used the color test one, and set the server's IP to 192.168.29.105 and set the game to board ID 2 (so it gets set to .151 and expects a camera at .105). In camera test, I see this! arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…f5e1d1c2c4f532333102c70ba I think this means that the simple solution is to be to get a webcam goi…

• Quote from Solkan: “Just wondering about the JVS connection. ” All the JVS connection does is act as DIP switches to set the IP of the camera board. It's nothing more than that.

• In the Mario Kart GP 1 rom file I do see this... GET /img.jpg HTTP/1.0 hmm.... If my theory is true that ip/img.jpg is simply an image generated on an ad-hoc basis and served whenever accessed, then things potentially get a lot easier. What are the chances it's as simple as hosting an image at the expected ip address/img.jpg? This java business may be a dead end.

• Ok, I think I have the class files downloaded without the html tags. Previously my browsers were just opening them directly and then a save-as ended up parsing html tags onto them. There's imageView.class and hsView.class. These are the 2 different class files for what I guess are a normal stream and what google translate calls a high speed stream. Edit: I just tried my hand at the first Java decompiler I came across in google (jd-gui) and it seems to open imageView.class without any issues. I d…

• Quote from obcd: “Would you be able to capture the http requests the board is sending to the camera to obtain a picture? 192.168.29.100/imgview.htm is something you would expect from the game board as well. ” I totally missed your post. I didn't analyze the communications that closely, but I mostly saw a lot of pinging between the camera and the game. Since the communication ultimately fails, it eventually drops out. I also can't be sure that I'm seeing everything. I'm using the hub that came wi…

• I have a decent understanding of HTML (I mess with it a lot for work), but almost no knowledge of Java applets. I've started out on my other arcade projects with almost no knowledge, though, so we'll see how far I can get. I'll see if I can find a different way to download the class file.

• There is also what I think is a higher quality streamer available at 192.168.29.100/hsview.htm. This one keeps repeating this in the log file: network: Connecting 192.168.29.100/img.jpg with proxy=DIRECT network: Connecting 192.168.29.100:80/ with proxy=DIRECT ERROR: com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.ImageFormatException: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0xff 0xd9 It could be that since the camera is broken, it's not generating a usable jpeg for this stream and maybe this would be working otherwise. Edit: I …

• Actually, I didn't realize loggging had to be turned on in the latest version of JRE. On my Win7 laptop with IE11 and JRE version 1.8.0, I can get this log. The browser still just has a white page, with no apparent activity. Brainfuck Source Code (91 lines)I'm not sure what to make of it. I don't see an obvious error there.

• The seemingly best behavior is with Netscape 6.0 on my XP box. I can it to where the applet looks like it's at least attempting to load and can get a log from JRE that indicates an error with a VolatileImage.class file... I'm trying upgraded versions of Java to see if it helps. I'm trying for browser and java versions from circa 2004. I'm not sure what version of Firefox I was on, but when it loaded the page it wanted to have a plug-in installed, but refused to connect to any plug-in download se…

• Well, the laptop couldn't handle it. Its resources maxed out as soon as the page loaded, so I'll try on the more capable XP box I use for my CNC machine.

• Quote from Solkan: “You may need an older version of Java. ” I will see what I can do to test this. I have an old XP laptop from around the time this camera board was developed. I can use it and it looks like Oracle has legacy JAVA installers available. Quote from Solkan: “What is the Exception thrown by the Applet ? ” I'm not seeing an exception other than a generic security error that I can override. Then it just results in a white screen. Quote from Solkan: “Maybe we can decompile the imageVi…

• My hope is that the game is somehow polling for images over http and that the process can be easily mimicked with a RPi server or something similar. If an RPi can be used, it seems like it would open up possibilities of using cheap webcams and not having to mess that much with the hardware side of things.

• Quote from freddiefiasco: “Is the Camera's web server using port 80? or some other port number to display a signal? (Actually, ignore this, I overlooked where you said you can change these on the web page) ” I'm actually not sure about the port. I don't see where I can set it, but I can enter 192.168.29.100:80 and the main landing page opens in my browser just the same as entering the address without the port. I'm really not that familiar with IP cameras in general, but the web interface for thi…

• Discovery dump: I received my broken camera board and cannot seem to get it to work with the game, but I have been able to use it for some research and made some interesting discoveries. I believe my theory about the IPs for the games and cameras is correct. Using Wireshark, I was able to see that the game, when set per whatever player is chosen in settings and its subsequent ip address, pings the camera at the ip I expected. This activity happens during the Checking Camera portion at boot. The …

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “The nice part about using the proper NH connectors is they're keyed so you can't put them in backward by accident. ” If hot plugging, I think these NH connectors still make contact if trying to insert backwards. So plugging in with the NAOMI powered off is probably the way to go.

• Custom JVS I/O - MEGA JVS

winteriscoming - - Project Ideas

arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…f5e1d1c2c4f532333102c70baarcade-projects.com/forums/ind…f5e1d1c2c4f532333102c70ba

• Quote from dexa: “totally forgot this thing existed ” It may be worth continuing to forget for now. I'm trying to suppress my memories of ordering one...