Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Any USB or SD capability with those? ” USB yes, SD, not natively but I believe there are libraries to communicate with an SD card.

• Quote from Apocalypse: “I've been looking to use a Raspberry with an USB port then use the GPIO signals but it's quite limited. Anyone with any experience with that? ” I'm sure you could write something yourself but typically to do anything where timing is important utilizing a library like pigpio is a must. I don't think a Raspberry Pi is the best option for something like this though. If you're looking for an Off-the shelf solution then something like an Arduino MEGA would likely be better sui…

• In Apocalypse's System 16 Multi thread it was mentioned that a version of Fantasy Zone DX could be played on System 16B hardware. Quote from jepjepjep: “This and the Fantasy Zone Time Attack version were converted to 16B by M2 for the Sega Ages PS2 release. The roms can be extracted and run on real hardware. ” I hadn't heard of this before but I'm interested in doing the conversion to hold me over until the Multi is available. Looking at MAME source it mentions that it was designed for "16C" har…

• so does this too just verify that a flash card is fully working?

• preserving PCBs

twistedsymphony - - General Arcade Tech Help

are you looking to preserve PCBs or CLEAN PCBs? because those two things are at odds. Conventional wisdom is that cleaning the PCB, with any kind of liquid can seep into the chips and lower it's life span. If you wan to "preserve" it, hit it with some canned air and let it be a little dusty. Then store it in a low humidity environment and be sure to replace any caps or batteries that might leak and cause damage.

• Damn, I didn't realize FV2 used a security board. I think Andy Geezer can do security board conversions. I'm interested to see how this plays out because I've got a spare Model 3 ROM board and security board that I was planning on making into a FV2.

• Quote from Dion: “it's not me who posted that hbbc cart photo, it's @Nem's. ” Ah, you're right. Fixed. Thank you @nem !

• So there are some patched ISOs for Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ, Salary Man Champ and other Konami System 573 games floating around. Which is great, however Konami actually uses the security carts to provide light output which means unless you have the legit security carts you wont get working button lights... unless we reverse engineer the light circuit on the security carts I started with Salary Man Champ because I own a legit cart and I could poke around. cart_pins-500x294.jpg You can see the JST …

• Quote from F34R: “Any idea on how to get the coin door buttons to work? Service mode, vol up/down, and test? ” Quote from twistedsymphony: “the service panel buttons have their own header on the PCB, from your picture it looks like it's plugged in check to make sure the disconnects underneath the buttons haven't gone lose, if ALL of them aren't working then chances are the ground wire is bad. these can sometimes get pinched in the door so after a visual inspection I'd start with testing continui…

• as I said, looks pretty normal, just missing the coin mechs.

• it's a JST NH series connector. Pretty common for Sega. you can order them directly from JST's website: order.jst-mfg.com/InternetShop…countryId=840&language=en FYI you'll want to make sure the jumper is in position "A" to use that connector for input (position B turns it into a lamp output connector)

• from your pictures it looks pretty normal. A lot of Midway cabs have extra AC power connectors (3 pins with the purple and green wires), and there is likely a few unused connectors for the optional bill accecptor in the coin door. it does look like you're missing the coin mechs though, this is pretty common as a lot of arcade operators keep them when selling machines. Not necessary unless you really want to drop tokens or quarters in when you play.

• Quote from F34R: “So, the range when checked with the multimeter, ugh. It was fluctuating so badly. ” replace the power supply. that's a clear indicator that it's bad and likely why your game is resetting. If this were a hard to find or unique power supply I'd recommend attempting a repair, but the one you've got there is as generic as they come... cheap too. amazon.com/Switching-Cabinets-…ht-Cocktail/dp/B00F1YQDBA Also note that there are different connectors for +5V and -5V.. don't get them ba…

• the power for the lamp is completely isolated from the rest of the machine. basically when the AC cord comes in from the back it passes through the switch and the fuse and then splits 3 ways, one for the monitor, one for the power supply (which runs just the game PCB and the coin door lamps) and one for the marquee lamp. You'll want to check the voltages on your game PCB and adjust or replace your PSU depending on what you get.

• Sign me up for one... maybe two depending on how much these end up costing

• I've got an MK2 converted to UMK3 as well. I swear there are more of those out there than dedicated MK3s. the service panel buttons have their own header on the PCB, from your picture it looks like it's plugged in check to make sure the disconnects underneath the buttons haven't gone lose, if ALL of them aren't working then chances are the ground wire is bad. these can sometimes get pinched in the door so after a visual inspection I'd start with testing continuity on the ground wire. it could ev…

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “RENAME TO .RAR BEFORE OPENING!! ” @brizzo could we add .rar and .7z to the allowed extensions when uploading.

• Quote from xodaraP: “Which ROM board are you using? ” Quote from twistedsymphony: “on this (5704) ROM board ”

• Quote from Sp33dFr34k: “it would have been easy to put the trackball in a CP somehow ” I have a complete kit EXCEPT for the trackball, still looking at my options for that. but I even got the air compressor/flasher relay board from the upright version and figured out all the wiring. At some point I'd like to make a custom panel that includes the air-blast and strobe lights.

• Quote from jassin000: “it would have more in common with our MVS multi carts than the F3 multicart ” yeah thats the thing... we all know how much work was involved in getting the MVS cart into the world. that amount of work for the F2 doesn't seem worth it for such a small game list, even if some of them are really great games.