Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Caius Yes, and even more since the manufacturers seem to have used not strong enough capacitors for filtering. Some of my boards, even after recapping have the new capacitors heating way way too much, this show that they are "undersized" to do the job. By the way Caius, it's maybe a bit off topic, but i see 2 things that would be absolutely awesome to do for dumping and preserving the board rom, maskroms, prom and what not on pcb boards : - A custom made eprom/maskrom/prom etc reader/writer, …

• Quote from XianXi: “Yes, electrolytic of course. It's more to prevent future leaking. All the arcade boards I have that require repair are always the ones with leaking SMD caps due to age(20+ years). Of course a dual purpose PCB that can take either DIP or SMD electrolytics would be the most efficient cost wise. I can do SMD no problem. I'm just thinking maybe way too far into the future for my own boards. ” Hi XianXi, in fact all or most of the board requires capacitors change. This because tho…

• Why ? I had some music and sound, but it was very dirty, and noisy. In 95% of the cases, it's due to dry capacitors or failing capacitors. Since the CPS-2 board (at least all those i bought lately) had almost no sound, the culprit stands on the capacitors most of the time. I have removed the big one, and tested it with my ESR meter. LOL almost 1200uf when it should be 1000uf...... I have also replaced the capacitor 220uf 16v which sits next to the push button sound levels, because the sound high…

• Repaired my beloved Armored Warriors CPS2 A-board. The sound was pure shit, faint, and noisy. Recapped the big 1000uf 25v capacitor, as well as all the big caps on the sound section. Tested, sound is back !

• Hello From France

dlfrsilver - - Introduce Yourself!

bienvenue !!!

• Check the maskroms. That's what i discovered on my AVSP. 4 fucking Maskroms shot

• Here it's too obvious. The sound is horrible, going high and low, and doing CRRR CRRR CRRR. That's typical of dried/dead Capacitors. And after all, those machines date from 1993-1994. More than 20 years now.

• Hi folks, Well, i did a test with my CPS-2 games. All of them have sound problems, and guess what, this is due to the capacitors ! I'm going to buy a whole bunch to recap them, because as they are, when they die, you get no more sound..... My Armored Warriors Asia has some sound, but it's butt ugly, this means that they just died, so i will remove and replace new ones. I tested as well my neogeo MVS system, same problem. Oldish capacitors, i have some cracklings on sound FX (i know my carts are …

• Hello From France

thanks

• Hello From France

thanks for the warm welcome

• Hello Apocalypse, first of all thanks for decrypting the system 24. I own an original Crackdown arcade board that i will now dessuicide (i will contact you soon for a kit). I have in fact crackdown and scramble spirit original floppies You have noticed the mess that it is to write those back on disk. Gotek is sure a good thing, but i have a way for people needing to write the games back on real disks if they want to. The key is the kryoflux board. You can write with it any type of floppy disk. S…

• Hello From France

Hi, i'm dlfrsilver, one of the french member of the dumping union I'm progressively coming back to the arcade systems. I try to do myself my own repairs Other than that, i'm a member of SPS, the software preservation society, and help preserving since 2004 I love the CPS1,2,3, Sega System 16,24 (I own a crackdown PCB),32, taito / Data East / etc etc... I own currently 25 boards.

• Hi, i bought lately an alien vs predator B Board that showed the cyan blue screen you got on startup. Solution : check/dump the game maskroms. You will mostly discover some of them are flaky or shot. I discovered on my own board that 4 maskroms were fucked up big time Had to replace them by 27C160-100ns eproms.