Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 254.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• There are some ancient programmers that support these old FPGA like the TPC1020AFN-084 used on Gaelco hardware.In theory it would be possible to dump code ( provided they are not secured) in order to program new ones.

• Quote from opt2not: “Other testing was already done! Sent you a KLOV PM. (I had time tonight to catch up on a bunch of projects!) ” Ah, sorry I don't check KLOV regularly.That's great, thanks for your testing, I'm gonna to reply you there.

• Irem m92 no sound

caius - - General Jamma and pre-Jamma

Quote from lukemorse1: “In the picture, the board with the X marked on it looks like it is warped a little, is it flat or bowing? If it has a bend to it, the issue could also be a chance that the surface mounted chip under the tape has a couple of legs lifted off the board. You could check that as well. ” The surface mounted device on ROM board has nothing to do with sound, it perform graphics functions only.

• Irem m92 no sound

caius - - General Jamma and pre-Jamma

Yesterday I repaired an Hook ROM oard with missing sound.At the end it was due a broken trace somewhere in the sound CPU address circuit that caused crash of the whole system.So my advice is to look for missing signals.Are both ROM board from Major Title 2?Check also the PAL @IC7 as it's the address decoder for the sound CPU.

• Quote from bytestorm: “Quote from caius: “Any oscillator 12MHz 14-PIN DIL will do the job.Like this for example: ebay.it/itm/12Mhz-Crystal-osci…9965c2:g:aLYAAOSwMNxXXYLV P.S. Don't get confused, 14-PIN DIL is the industry-standard metal package and doesn't indicate the numder of pins!Four are the pins but they are numbered 1-7-8-14: Pin 1 no connection. Identified by dot or square corner on can Pin 7 Gnd. Also connected to metal can Pin 8 TLL/HCMOS clock output Pin 14 V+ supply ” can you confirm…

• Maybe this is not the right place to post your help request, it should be moved in General Arcade Tech Help section Anyway, your issue is most likely due the two QFP ASICs marked '055555' and '055673', they have very fine pitch and pins get detached very easily, this is a very common issue on this board.So, my advice is to do a good reflow of both (especially the '055555' which perform many GFX functions).

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “One other thing I've seen suggested elsewhere is replacement of the Z80 processor, since this handles sound on these PCBs. though I haven't seen any confirmation of the results of such a replacement. ” If the Z80 was really bad you would have no sound at all (both music and sound FXs) since the CPU commands the whole audio system.About the audio probe, try it and you'll change your mind (obviously you have to know how to use it...).But from the top of your experience…

• Fantasy Zone II Conversion

caius - - System 16/18/24/32

Sure.Me instead engineering nuclear missiles since the mid-50s. We want facts, not words Some time ago you promised to show us your Out Run multiboard, until now we have not seen anything....

Quote from stj: “how many here actually played it?? ” I played it only once when i finished my conversion For me it's a only a game like many other. Quote from stj: “back when it was added to mame, i was going to make one, but after playing it in mame i decided it was a waste of a pcb and cotton would be a better conversion. ” Are you sure you are really able to perform this conversion?It requires some specific technical knowledge.In particular you have to figure out how to wire the extra/unused…

Quote from brizzo: “I should be more clear then: if anyone posts conversion instructions here on AP for fz2dx/16c, it will be deleted. It is that simple. ” For sure it will not by me

Quote from atrfate: “Thats true, however as long as you are not selling the game, or providing the copyrighted files, theirs little they can do about the information aspect of it. ” FIles are already public domain as you simply need the MAME ROM set.What is not shared is the needed hardware modification.Anyway, all people with a minimum of electronics knowledge can figure it out themselves.

Quote from Asure: “Id point to the romanian or Bulgarian seller who was selling conversions on eBay for €400+, grabbing up any and all cheap s16b boards. But he seems to have magically disappeared. ” He is here among us

• Any oscillator 12MHz 14-PIN DIL will do the job.Like this for example: ebay.it/itm/12Mhz-Crystal-osci…9965c2:g:aLYAAOSwMNxXXYLV P.S. Don't get confused, 14-PIN DIL is the industry-standard metal package and doesn't indicate the number of pins!Four are the pins but they are numbered 1-7-8-14: Pin 1 no connection. Identified by dot or square corner on can Pin 7 Gnd. Also connected to metal can Pin 8 TLL/HCMOS clock output Pin 14 V+ supply

Quote from twistedsymphony: “I hadn't heard of this before but I'm interested in doing the conversion to hold me over until the Multi is available. Looking at MAME source it mentions that it was designed for "16C" hardware and notes "ROM Board type: 171-5704 + Extra RAM" Does anyone know what needs to be done to get this running on a normal System 16B with 5704 ROM board? ” Since there was no documentation online, some years ago I have figured out and performed myself this conversion but I can't…

• Dumping a VROM

caius - - General Arcade Tech Help

All is explained in the WIKi, you can switch to different layers pressing some keys.

• Dumping a VROM

You can try the embedded MAME GFX/TileMap viewer: wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/Using_the_GFX/TileMap_viewer_(F4)

• Dumping a VROM

There is this program called "ROM WIzard" which seems to have anembedded GFX viewer and palette editor but I never tried it and it's in german language: wolfgangrobel.de/romwizard.htm

• Most of times problem with electrolytic capacitors (especially in audio circuits) is not the altered capacitance but increased ESR hence capacitor can no longer filter AC ripple.I suggest you all to get an ESR meter able to test capacitors in-circuit too like this: anatekinstruments.com/products…natek-blue-esr-meter-besr

• @twistedsymphony As said (but it seems you missed or ignored my advice), you can use MAME64UI which integrates a nice graphical user interface.It will complain about different CRC bit it will run the game. You can donwload it from here: mameui.info/