Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks @Brettster, will do!

• I tried with the top of the case off -- both fans are spinning and both the green and red light are on and stay on. I did notice that one of the fans' wires is hot glued to the top of a chip -- is this normal? It looks like it was intentionally done. I might just bite the bullet and order another BIOS. Any suggestions which one to grab and where to do so?

• I've tried a couple of BIOS chips that I have, and none seem to work. To complicate things further, I accidentally broke one of the pins off of the third BIOS chip that I thought was bound to work for sure, before I got to test it! I opened up the casing and looked for any dirt, traces of blown caps, and everything look suspiciously clean. Even the case wasn't too dusty/grimy. I gave it a clean with some compressed air, and cleaned the fans as well. So at this point I'm still holding out hope th…

• Thanks @skate323k137. I'll try again tonight. If the BIOS is not seated properly or is bad, would that be reason enough for NOTHING to appear on screen? (This is in the realm of possibility, as I think I may have swapped BIOS chips at some point...) Also, can anyone explain if the different coloured lights inside the mainboard housing mean anything?

• HI everyone, I am having issues with using my Naomi outside of my previous cab (Naomi Universal.) Unfortunately I no longer have my cab, so I can't completely rule out that it's not the Naomi mainboard. I am using RGB's supergun. I can confirm this is working without issue, as I was using it with my MVS before and after trying it with my Naomi. I can confirm that it was working with a Netboot setup as well with a couple of cartridges inside the cab without issue, but when I try to use it with my…

• It is possible to power the Naomi via a ATX PSU, the Pi via a USB-to-JST cable (from CN12 as mentioned by Gakman) with the proper cables (I order some from Jasen-Customs a while ago) and powering the JVS to JAMMA I/O (838-13683D) and RGB's Supergun via an Arcade PSU? Is this overkill? Would I be putting my hardware at risk? (Sorry for the n00b question!)

• Hello from Toronto!

KC-Slater - - Introduce Yourself!

Hi all, I can usually be found over in the retro forums on GAF (my other Dreamcast is a NAOMI), but registered to connect with some like-minded people who are more arcade-centric.