Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 95.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from xodaraP: “The problem with wick is it sticks when the solder cools and you end up making a huge mess with a job like this (I've tried something similar in the past) ” i actually have kind of same problem with wick. so i used coppers from new cable instead (the one that still shines like new). and flux it a lot, i never had it sticks again. btw, with poor heat, you can always use a real 60w solder, they're really kic* ***.

• or just clean the legs first, then unbend them. use manual solder sucker, or a good solder wick with lots of flux.

• JVS Emulator

Dion - - Project Showcase

Quote from bobbydilley: “Project Update: Unfortunately a negative update this time, I tried running it on a Raspberry Pi 1st gen today for the first time (had been developing on my mac, but target platform was obviously a Pi) and annoyingly it just doesn't work. I'm thinking that the PI can't process + reply fast enough and so its a speed issue. I will try on a better Pi2 or Pi3 later to see if that helps, or failing that attempt to make the code and linux distro more efficient. So if anyone tri…

• with some code modification, yes, particularly, the time stamp for each chip. iirc, after sometime, i find out that these 'bad' card showed by 573 games, they're actually caused by 'slow' or you can say 'degraded' flash chip. since konami uses it's own timeout mechanism to verify the card. but actually, the chip itself is still okay, they're just 'slow' a bit. i can't say a lot, because i just have 2 flash card to play with. maybe some other bad card can actually have real bad flash chip inside.…

• uhm... i don't quite understand what you mean. If you mean, can we use pcmcia adapter that comes with viper h/w. yes, we can. but you need to adapt the pcb footprint.

• Hello, This is my own private tool, made sometime ago. It is arduino mega shield originally made, because of frustration at konami flash card rarity. Back then, i have 2 'Bad' cards which i hope to be able to check them properly, without having pulled the each flash chip out and test them individually with a programmer. At first, i tried to use this pci to pcmcia card to read them. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…4760b7985e8f4cced5a5aab67 But apparently, they need a special driver for each kind o…

• it's not me who posted that hbbc cart photo, it's @Nem's.

• arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…4760b7985e8f4cced5a5aab67

• Quote from undamned: “Quote from Dion: “most likely they're Emifil or EMI Filter, made by TDK. the one with ferrite bead i know is from sega filter bd, which you can easily see the bead itself wounded by wires. don't know if there's a packaged one. some sega filter bd have values stated in manuals. the most common value are : 223 - for power lines 102 - for VGA signals 103 - for VCC line 680 - for I/O signals ” Do you happen to know what those numbers correlate to? I know ferrite beads are often…

• most likely they're Emifil or EMI Filter, made by TDK. the one with ferrite bead i know is from sega filter bd, which you can easily see the bead itself wounded by wires. don't know if there's a packaged one. some sega filter bd have values stated in manuals. the most common value are : 223 - for power lines 102 - for VGA signals 103 - for VCC line 680 - for I/O signals

• Konami System 573 help

Dion - - General Jamma and pre-Jamma

I have seen mod board like that. not quite sure how they works. as for cassette error, sometimes because of connector problem. clean it and re-plug.

• i am afraid you can't use my device, since there's no known cd dumped. the installation routine usually reside on it. the best way to resurrect, like Mr T Guru said, is hand crafting the data, with MAME debugger's help.

• Quote from defor: “by beeping do you mean the ding ding ding sound or a quack quack quack sound, or some other sound (I can get audio samples of these sound effects if needed)? Also I do know that BG3 will boot to a black screen unless an IO board AND the proper wiring to the analog board are in place- if brakes, throttle, steering aren't connected correctly or have come loose - or the IO board isn't powered up/on, the game will boot to a black screen... Any and all photos or details of the IO b…

• Konami System 573 help

Dion - - General Jamma and pre-Jamma

Quote from DevoDave: “Now the beast fails to show anything on the screen. ” it should show something, this system is hard to fail, except for cdrom, and monitor. Quote: “It has a mod board, but it looks a quality unit. Percussion Freaks 9th. ” can you take photo of this mod board? Quote: “Do I need the cdrom and/or the i/o board installed to get it to boot? ” no, you don't need cdrom or i/o bd to get it boot.

• i just see in mame source, that hbbc have (no cd) or not dumped yet. i guess what Mr T Guru said is right. If the game run did not run from cd, it is impossible to go into install mode.

• Quote from chacal231077: “Quote from chacal231077: “Quote from Dion: “this system is notorious for having heat damage. especially, the playstation part. that mini fan at back is not enough. ” ” RE-Question saint.png The 246 & the 256 are equipped with thermal gap filler or thermal pad for the Heatsink ? What are the differences? ” it's not enough. it's a fact for sure.

• Konami system 573 Master Calendar

Quote from xodaraP: “ It's in a silver box not the black and blue one I've seen in videos, don't know if that makes a difference. ” i had all of them in silver box. Quote from xodaraP: “ I assume this means the RTC battery has died and it needs to be replaced and the cart reprogrammed? Is this possible and what is being talked about here, or is this more about conversions? ” reprogram, and when you can reprogram, it means you can do conversions. only some 573 games have a re-write RTC mechanism.…

• Konami system 573 Master Calendar

Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from Dion: “i am saying other cart have no x76f100. ” according to MAME 3rd mix, Solo, and Solo 2K have x76f100, is this wrong? ” yes, wrong. last time i checked they're x76f041, not x76f100.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from Dion: “if mame is right, then you can actually use another cart (with same ds2401 requirement) and just replace the konami chip with x76f100 for bishi bashi. ” If MAME is right, then bishi bashi uses x76f100 WITHOUT ds2401. Do you think a x76f100 cart with a ds2401 would work? supposedly 3rd Mix, Solo and Solo 2K all uses x76f100 with ds2401 ” i am saying other cart have no x76f100. yes, other cart (x76f041 with or without ds2401, it just a matter of desol…

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from Dion: “it means the game mode uses zs01 cart (which usually include ds2401, hence the 'i'), and the install mode uses x76f041 with ds2401 cart. ” I know, did you see post above the one you quoted? I list out all of the different cart definitions in MAME by game. I mentioned Hyper Bishi Bashi because it seems to be the only "Y" type cart using x76f100. So if you can't change carts then you would need an original cart because there would be no other carts th…