Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Geddon: “Well I actually want to play the games with something half decent. ” The "best solution" really depends on what it is your bolting this wheel to. What works in a candy cab doesn't work on your couch which doesn't work in a dedicated driving rig.

• Most arcade drivers just need something with a 5K pot... doesn't even need to be a wheel. I mean if you want to get technical you don't even need that so much as you need an analog signal between 0 and 5V. I've actually played driving games with the Sega IR guns (point to left of screen to turn left, point to right of screen to turn right). it's all dumb analog signals. Now Force Feedback, that's something else altogether.

• Nice work! I haven't found a System 24 PCB yet but I'll be watching this space in case I find one without a floppy controller.

• Quote from brizzo: “on screen menus are the best for multis ” I'm not a fan personally. perfect setup IMO is something like the CPS2/F3 Multi selector. I'd personally rather have dip-switches than on-screen menu to be honest.

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Following this topic I'm now wondering if the extra playfield supported by M82 wouldn't be supported by M84 or M85 too. I don't see Irem going backwards with the chips they used. Does anyone have hi-res pics of the bottom M82 board? Maybe M84/M85 (and even M81, who knows?) use the same chips but the additional ROM bank isn't wired. The other possibility is Irem doubled the sprites circuitry on M82. ” I have an M84 HH I'll take some pictures later tonight if no one else ha…

• Quote from Apocalypse: “My point was some boards can't be used for conversions. ” Ah, I understand what you were getting at now. I've added an "original" games list for each platform, added a note on R-Type about it not being viable for the multi, and added details on the M84 hardware about the different board variants. it sounds like conversions on M84 would need to target a specific top or bottom board variant. Are there any limitations like this on the M81 or M82 hardware that you know of?

• Quote from Apocalypse: “What about M85 ” added. Quote from Apocalypse: “M84 has two variants for the motherboard and also two for the romboard. M72 R-Type has a different romboard (really simpler, without samples support). ” I tried to base the descriptions on the locations of the connectors as opposed to IDing based on the chips for this very reason. AFAIK the connector locations don't change based on the variants within the specific hardware sub-types.

• Since there are a number of Irem games that were available on different hardware and a lot of conversions going on I thought I'd make a simple guide to telling them apart. First of all you should check the print along the parameter of the PCB as it should clearly state "M72-XXXX" or "M81-XXXX" and so on. However if you can't read that label for whatever reason here is how you can ID the hardware type from the PCB's features: if you can't read the labels here is a simple guide: M72 = 3 PCB stack,…

• Quote from sk8er000: “I saw some Irem board (NOT M72) with every reference covered by erasers (like this one: ebay.it/itm/Hammerin-Harry-IRE…13f202:g:Ay4AAOSw6sRa9Ibf) ” That's an M82 if you can't read the labels here is a simple guide I threw together: Quote from twistedsymphony: “M72 = 3 PCB stack, JAMMA edge on center board, upper PCB is smaller and has a notch in the corner for the heat sync, also has 2 large ribon cables on one end and a 2 smaller harnesses on the other arcade-projects.com/…

• Quote from jassin000: “The biggest issue with "mirror flipping" in software is its going to add lag.... Turn the software algorithm into ASIC that could perform the transform much faster ... ” You have that completely backwards my friend. If the mirroring was done in software on the x2 itself it would have 0 lag because it would have access to the whole frame before it output the x2. Meanwhile even a asics based hardware mirroring would take at minimum 1 frame because you'd have to wait for the …

• Quote from Derick2k: “Can you find out who makes the blue connector?? They might still be available. ” I've looked, but I haven't been able to find anything. It's kind of a weird connector, the pins are very large and cylindrical with flat tips, and spring loaded. They make contact on the tips of the pins as opposed to the sides.

• Quote from Derick2k: “Found these pinouts in one of my manuals, you probably have these. Everything gets almost completely changed around. ” yeah I have the pinouts, it's just a matter of figuring out the cleanest way to implement it in my cab without mucking up the existing wiring.

• Quote from Derick2k: “Curious to see what the sub board is driving at the cp/jamma edge. ” Quote from Derick2k: “Do some mahjong control panels light up? ” They don't light up. But, the way mahjong panels are wired it does does require outputs. because there are so many buttons they're wired in a matrix and the game polls different button banks one at a time, hence why you need outputs and mahjong uses a differently pinned edge connector. As for why the Quiz game and Wold PK Soccer need it? No i…

• Glorious Irem M72 multi

twistedsymphony - - Project Showcase

I found an M72! for a decent price too ($450). Now to wait for it to arrive from Japan...

• Quote from Apocalypse: “It seems grandpa has lost his glasses ICs reference is the first thing I looked at, they are all standard parts widely available, the one on the right is a very common op. amp. LM324. ” maybe that's what yours says, but mine definitely says LB1234 arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…28afc50bd714f7c29c76f8c24 I mean I suppose it could be an I rather than a 1 but there's definitely no M in there

• Quote from Derick2k: “Well, in that case you have to buy 2 multis, 2 motherboards, 2 donor carts. 1 set for the games that need the add-on boards and the other for the ones that dont ” arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…28afc50bd714f7c29c76f8c24

• I think a ribbon cable could be run alongside the cart conector, I just need to find some bare cable to verify.

• Quote from Derick2k: “Also, the multi would still work with all the games, the only thing is that the games that require the additional board would not boot, correct? ” Technically correct... though it's worth noting: games that DONT use the daughterboard, such as Tetris Plus, WILL NOT boot if the daughterboard is connected, the service manual even has a page dedicated to showing you how to remove it. So if the multi supported 100% of the games, you'd be swapping that sub-board on and off depend…

• One other thing to consider is if the multi board is contained within the cart housing how would you get any wires out to attach a dip-switch bank or other selector without modifying the cart case? The entire parameter of the cart seats together with a lip, so you wont be able to squeeze any wiring out between the cart halves. there are only 3 available openings: 1. the air vents on the front and rear of the top shell arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…28afc50bd714f7c29c76f8c24 this is a really terr…

• Quote from Derick2k: “@twistedsymphony can you post some measurements/clearances on the shell and game board. ” The cart mounts to the PCB with 5 screw posts that I've highlighted here: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…28afc50bd714f7c29c76f8c24 arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…28afc50bd714f7c29c76f8c24 You can see it tapers along the parameter: arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…28afc50bd714f7c29c76f8c24 The clearance between the PCB top surface and the lid bottom surface I measured at 27.9mm. Similarly…