Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 25.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm confused about the hate for the NetDIMM here - I have a Naomi with a NetDimm and PiForce, and yes, it was a slight hassle to set up at the very start (I have a traumatic memory of the bios upgrade suddenly working after many many failed attempts), but now it's no harder than any other multi, and I think it's the one I've had the least trouble with. I pick a game on the LCD exactly like I would with one of DarkSoft's multis, load it, and everything just works - and of course the games are gre…

• OK, just for reference: I have an MV-1FZ board. When I first plugged in the multi, I got a menu and dingbats - I could move around the menu system, choose and start the games, but some part of the graphics were screwed up. - I reseated everything multiple times. - I tried all three different Micro SD-cards I had prepared (I've learnt from experience): A Samsung Ultra 16GB, a Kingston 16GB, and a Samsung Evo 32GB. Same thing all three. I also checked that the updated menu files had disappeared fr…

• Could we possibly have a thread somewhere on the site with "best practices" and tutorials for "preparing" our setups? I realise I am maybe one of the less knowledgable members on here, but I feel like it would be really helpful to have some standardized preparations to eliminate some of the more common problems with for example the motherboards, where we are told not just what to do, but how to do it. This would also help sort out the actual problems with the multi from setup problems, as it see…

• G-Balance VGA help

Urabutbl - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from obcd: “You call it a vga output. Don't you need a vga input? Your multi jamma game board has a vga output that should connect to the monitor vga input to produce a vga picture... ” I don't think so - my monitor has a normal monitor cable, the kind that plugs into the TypeX2 or any computer. To get the signal that goes out from the Jamma board and into the cabinet's JAMMA slot, I need a VGA output port that I can plug my monitor cable into, so the signal can go into the monitor. Or I'm…

• G-Balance VGA help

Urabutbl - - General Arcade Tech Help

So, I recently bought a weird little (well, big) cabinet called a G-Balance, which many people (especially the French crowd) seem to hold in higher esteem than the Vewlix F. So far I'm exceedingly pleased with it, it's very well put together and works marvellously with my TypeX2. It's also fairly easy to rotate the screen (no mechanism, but the work of of one person and minutes), and though the control panel is currently 1player, it takes standard Net City CPs. It also has a built-in Jamma conne…

• Quote from Niko: “Yea, I've been meaning to upload the drive image so you can flash the GPU right from the X2. I'll try to do that tonight. ” Ah, you're a star! I thought I had read a post somewhere you were working on it, but wasn't sure! and @deibit, thanks for the offer, appreciate it - but yes, a little bit too far

• Any way of running the FreeDOS USB straight from the Taito X2, and flash from there with a keyboard installed? I don't have a working computer at the moment to install the GPU into - except fot the Type X2, all I have are laptops.

• I have a Type X2 with a multidisk that I bought about two years ago - it has all the usual suspects on there, inclusing a fair few Nesicalive games like Ikaruga and so forth. It also has Jamestown and Crimson Clover. Now, since I know both those two last games are the actual Steam versions, i was wondering whether other games might be installable... I, for one, would love to play for example Cuphead on my arcade (though that might be pushing it a bit). Anyone out there who knows how?

• So, I was out in the garage messing about with my cabinets when my mother-in-law decides to swing by with a big box of stuff she's decided should live in our garage rather than her flat. I'm convinced she does this so there'll be less space for my arcade machines, since she thinks these are taking up valuable hoarded-garbage space. Anyhoo, since she's carrying a box, she can't quite see where she's putting her feet aaaaaand... crack. She's steps right on the LCD for the F3. The annoying thing is…

• Quote from FrancoB: “Looks great Laser cut or...? Quote from Urabutbl: “Hey, great job, love the red shade! Quick question - I've been doing something similar for my most-valued PCB's, but I'm going through a lot of plexiglass, as it keps cracking on me as I cut it (using a multitool with a plexiglass-cutting accessory). Any tips on where i'm going wrong? It looks awesome when I manage it, but at the minute I'm losing too much material to be able to afford it... ” Acrylic cuts like butter with s…

• Got mine this weekend, and yesterday I tried the needle-nose plier route; but my Japanese mobo did not want to snap all the way - just small pieces, and not all the way down. Also, even with my smallest pliers I was in serious jeopardy of snapping one of the nearby pins. In the end I had to use a hobby knife-set, and kind of shave off layer by layer until all the plastic was gone. This took about 90 minutes (watched two eps of The Orville during), but it worked perfectly, no bent or broken pins,…

• Hey, great job, love the red shade! Quick question - I've been doing something similar for my most-valued PCB's, but I'm going through a lot of plexiglass, as it keps cracking on me as I cut it (using a multitool with a plexiglass-cutting accessory). Any tips on where i'm going wrong? It looks awesome when I manage it, but at the minute I'm losing too much material to be able to afford it...

• Solved it! After I ran out of mustard I had a think, and realized that while I had freed my B-board of its shackles, my A-board was still stuck inside its ABS prison. I never thought that would have an impact, I mean I could SEE the connection between the boards was good... Except I opened the A-board and saw that somehow, two small plastic supports had snapped. These probably gave the A-board an extra millimetre of resistance, meaning the connection was there... but just off by a smidgeon. Anyw…

• So yeah, my CPS2 has been working absolutely flawlessly since I got it two(?) years ago. It's connected to a G board, so it was a dawdle to put together. I never had any problems with either my boards nor my sd-card (a Kingston 8gb). Then last night, since I've been doing a fair bit of work updating my ST-V multi the last few days, I thought I might as well update the roms on the CPS2 sd-card as well. Opened up the kit, got the card, deleted the old games folder (after backing it up) and drag-an…

• Just set mine up, everything works beautifully - thank you! Very nice to just have the playable games in the list, too. Oh, don't have the new firmware on the multicard, so I swapped end.wav with a file of the I.T. Crowd saying "have you tried turning it off and then on again?" ;p

• I'll have an MVS please!

• Ahaha, I always do that for some reason SuQuzUDWySSW0QrkWtoMkQjAmCWRv07B9F58ynu0CNPpISRyKn1j2J65hcmgxlkn4N1TiffTEAWX4X9xDXLSUSQeN6B15cf4tb9DlAEiSJhPzAX0mrWp1GEW5+hy2VhJjEHy7UAp9eAnozAGvuK8PsudN99hAcnr+D64Bh6mMOiYUiuzYYLmQXUS6MaoELIpa2gyc9NxhInu7HSABKTf5L6A6RFZpSNI3keAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

• Yeah, I don't mind having to do a hard reset either. I find that if I can change games too easily, I flit from game to game like a butterfly with ADD flits from flower to flower: getting some nectar from each, sure, but never enough to satisfy, never taking the time to enjoy. I even ordered Darkstar's Darksoft's ST-V multi without the rom-changer add-on, just so that I have to swap the pins about if I want it to load another game - I'd never have put as much time into Terra Diver if I hadn't had…

• Got mine Wednesday, didn't have time to install it until today though. It was dead easy to set-up, so easy I was sure I must be doing something wrong - but everything works 100% so far! Tried about 8 games and couldn't find any bugs or issues. Awesome job, thank you!