Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 254.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Konami GX Conversions?

caius - - General Jamma and pre-Jamma

Some games have a specific protection (usualy a Xilinx FPGA) which needs to be by-passed.For example Salamander 2, according to MAME source, uses this protection only for ship movements during attract mode.

• System 18 background noise

caius - - System 16/18/24/32

I replaced it different times so I can confirm it's not a really reliable component.

Understood.You can try to replace the Ricoh RF5C68A but problem is the chip is really hard to come by unless you will take another one fron a not working System18 (or System32) motherboard

Is the sound totally missing?If yes, the problem is most likely in the digital circuit.You can use an audio probe to troubleshoot the issue by listening various point of analog and digital circuits If only the music is missing and effects present, the problem should concern the two YM3438 OLP chips as the sound FXs are generated by the Ricoh RF5C68A (remarked ASSP).

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “I think this is just my PCB... I swapped back to original ROMs and right direction still doesn't work. I'm thinking cold joint on filter SMD as caius suggested. probably developed from handling the PCB so much as it definitely worked before. ” The SMD Murata filters are a common issue on these boards, they lose contact from pads simply handling/flexing the PCB.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “I pulled the KEYCUS and it boots without restarting! I'm able to coin up and play. ” The KEY CUSTOM must be always removed when using code that bypasses it Quote from twistedsymphony: “for some reason though the right direction on both joysticks does not register. Also settings in test mode are not saved (for instance I enabled screen flip and as soon as I exit test it is flipped back). ” This is probably an issue with board, check the SMD filters near the JAMMA conn…

• For bugged I meant not correct.Anyway, I can confirm no hardware modifcations are needed both with original KEY CUSTOM and no KEY CUSTOM installed.

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Quote from caius: “it's not a matter of jumpers, the patched code is simply not good.I have two ROM sets, one requires the KEY CUSTOM IC from Point Blank and the other runs with no KEY CUSTOM installed and they both works fine.But I can't release them for obvious reasons (neither sell them so don't ask in private) ” I've patched all accesses to the KeyCus in MAME and it works perfectly so I think there's something going on with the hardware part.There seems to be a link b…

• it's not a matter of jumpers, the patched code is simply not good.I have two ROM sets, one requires the KEY CUSTOM IC from Point Blank and the other runs with no KEY CUSTOM installed and they both works fine.But I can't release them for obvious reasons (neither sell them so don't ask in private)

• Voice samples are stored in the rom labeled 'DB-CV-0-' on top board Try to dump the devices although I think it's good and problem is elsewhere.I don't know which are your troubleshooting skills/equipment so I can only recommend you to send the board for repair.

• Reflow the two smaller QFP ASICs ('055555' and '055673'), it's a common issue.

• Quote from Derick2k: “I have to get a couple of these as spares, my R-type board suffered the same failure on that IC, thankfully a friend had a parts board and was able to replace it and get my board working. ” I have availabilty of assembled units.You can contact me in PM.Thanks.

• Looking at its data I think this BPROM can be adapted in a GAL22V10 like I did for the Phantasm one.

• Quote from edwin128: “Hi Caius. Thx for your reply. I don't have the skills to make a repro like yours . I was just curious how you got that amazing result . Keep up your marvelous preservation job. ” Nobody born with the skills, you can have talent but it's nothing without assiduous dedication. Anyway, I successfully reproduced also the Konami '007327' (used on many PCBs like Jackal, Super Contra, Haunted Castle, etc..), it's very similar to the '007593' so it took few time to do it.The two wir…

• Quote from edwin128: “hi Caius. Thx for the update. I see the two ram palettes and the two chips from the below the custom in your reproduction. are the long components in your reproduction resistors? did you get them from somewhere in the pcb? do you need to provide new ram palettes for the reproduction? because i think that is the reason the custom fails. could you elaborate more in the steps? cheers, edwin. ” The three components mounted vertically are the Konami ''052325' RGB DAC.I took them…

• @edwin128 Since you asked me this some time ago, this is just to let you know I successfully reproduced the Konami '007593' custom, I tested it in a City Bomber and Vulcan Venture PCBs.I attach picture of my reproduction and original custom.

• Great repair! I'm glad I helped you with my 'MC-1091' reproduction

• Checking counters with a logic comparator gives false positives most of times, this is due high speed propagation time of such devices.

• There are some ancient programmers that support these old FPGA like the TPC1020AFN-084 used on Gaelco hardware.In theory it would be possible to dump code ( provided they are not secured) in order to program new ones.

• Irem m92 no sound

caius - - General Jamma and pre-Jamma

Quote from lukemorse1: “In the picture, the board with the X marked on it looks like it is warped a little, is it flat or bowing? If it has a bend to it, the issue could also be a chance that the surface mounted chip under the tape has a couple of legs lifted off the board. You could check that as well. ” The surface mounted device on ROM board has nothing to do with sound, it perform graphics functions only.