Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 150.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from jassin000: “I've always suspected a few minor decryption errors in some of the sets that have been released over the years. Now rather than obsess about potential minor imperfections I can just enjoy the games, resting safe in the knowledge that this is 100% original code/functionality. ” Perfectly stated. Although there really wasn't any concrete, solid proof that something was off, by running original encrypted code you guarantee that the possibility of there being an error is 0%. 0…

• The key-writing wiring isn't difficult to do at all. I did that to my CPS2 multi earlier this year. The only difficulty is getting the bootloader onto the multi. That took some additional equipment and some fancy-shmancy programming stuff. Thankfully, I was able to get assistance here and once it's done once, it doesn't need to be done again. Got the wires up in mine and everything runs flawlessly. The best part of using the encrypted sets is that if another region of a game, or revision of a CP…

• Quote from udongein: “Redguy is killing it with the SNES scene lately... kudos. Also, the readme for the new firmware says "- msu does not fit and will not work for sa1 games." Do such romhacks even exist? Just curious. ” Yes. There are a lot of ROM Hacks out there which use the SA-1 chip for extra "stuff" since it's essentially another SNES CPU Core. I myself am not a fan of hacks or the MSU1 stuff, but that's just personal preference. (For MSU1, to me it's one of those "oh, that's cool" things…

• So basically, the de-jitter mod is absolute bullshit and marqs is doing a disservice to the community by even bringing it up?

• Quote from SNK-NEO-GEO: “Jdurg - since you are going HDMI, why don't you use a Super NT mini instead? ” I already have the SNES and don't want to spend the money on the Super NT. Doing so kind of defeats the purpose or running on original hardware for me anyway. I never had a Super NT Mini growing up. I only had an SNES. Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from Jdurg: “Yeah. Here's the link to the VERY technical shmups forum thread where this is discussed. If you have some brains, perhaps you cou…

• Yeah. Here's the link to the VERY technical shmups forum thread where this is discussed. If you have some brains, perhaps you could make sense of it all. heh. shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61285

• So I've been seeing online a bunch of talk about the de-jitter mod for the SNES and NES that marqs has come up with. Sadly, I can't find any place that can explain exactly what this mod is, how it gets installed, what it does, etc. in a manner understandable by a plebian such as me. From what I can gather, the SNES doesn't have a clean sync natively, and this is what causes the OSSC to be incompatible in 5x mode with a large proportion of displays. With the de-jitter mod, the jittery sync signal…

• Quote from Darksoft: “get it from aldo while he still has. I don't plan to release a new version of the multi. ” Heh. The good lord spits on plans made by men. :p

• Quote from opt2not: “Quote from Jdurg: “As someone on the outside looking in, that appeared quite harsh and unwelcoming to a relatively new member of these forums. There is NOTHING wrong with asking questions, and I think if Darksoft was super annoyed by it and didn't want anybody ever asking that question, he'd have been able to handle it himself. ” The thing is, a lot of people don't understand what is involved (especially financially) in creating these things, let alone having to re-design or…

• Quote from opt2not: “Quote from xtrasmiley: “No, please read my post then everyone else's posts... your gif really does reflect my feelings when I get replies like this though, so thanks! ” Quote from Darksoft: “Problem as I said, is that any change be it small or big, makes you incur in significant costs to which you need to add the time spent modifying design, gerbers, pick and place, etc. ” My gif was appropriate for your suggestion. Sorry (not sorry)! Darksoft gave the reason why another rev…

• Don't worry, it's really easy to do. I did it to my board, and although I had similar confusion, I still got it done. For me, the worst part was disassembling the already assembled kit in order to remove it from the B board and update the bootloader. Wound up snapping a pin off when doing so, but instead of getting upset and angry, I took it as a learning experience and I figured out how to correct a broken pin. (Spare capacitor leg and some solder. Works like a charm).

• Quote from Darksoft: “I've been thinking about it and definitely adding a header and a couple other of improvements that I have in mind could be done ( ) The main problem is that as soon as I touch the design of the CPS2 I should go full steam with it because some important production costs will incur. In short: would a v2 of the CPS2 Multi will have sense: YES Will we work on it: Maybe in the future Will it look nicer if we do it: Definitely Will it increase the price of the multi: NOPE ” Defin…

• 128Mb CPS3 SIMMS!!!!!!

Jdurg - - CPS III SuperBIOS

That would definitely be cool Darksoft. I myself no longer need the 64 MB SIMMS (my setup is running perfectly fine already), but for those getting fresh into this system who don't want to spend the large amounts for Third Strike Capable CPS3 setups it would really help. New Generation CPS3 setups seem to go for a bit less than 3rd Strike setups. Perhaps offer a package which includes a Repro Cart/PCB, a 64 MB SIMM, and a selection of 1/2 128 MB SIMMs. This way folks can get any working CPS3 set…

• 128Mb CPS3 SIMMS!!!!!!

Jdurg - - CPS III SuperBIOS

Yes. I'll just say "good luck" finding a spare 64-MB SIMM. Unless Darksoft plans to re-make those SIMMs, you might have to plop down money on another full set up just to grab the 64 MB SIMM from it. That is what I ended up having to do since there were no 64 MB ones available. From my experience, it's not the 128 MB SIMMs that are keeping people from being able to get their multi-CPS3 setup going, it's the 64 MB SIMM that kills it. So good luck. Might not be a bad idea to have a spare CPS3 mainb…

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Quote from kevindg86: “Oh if it is a Polo, just take it to the roof of you house/apartment and throw it off it, on to the street. Honestly the best use for one of those... ” Aw come on. They have a nice picture when they are working. ” I fully agree. In my HS5 cab that my multi's are in, I switched out a K7000 and replaced it with a 25" Polo. The K7000 had constant blooming that was excessive, even for Capcom games. It also would have faint jailbars that appeared with ce…

• I think the capacitor at EX-5 is there simply to provide some buffer time to replace the battery on the board. (Otherwise it would drop dead the second you desolder the first leg of the battery, not survive for 40 or so minutes like they do now). While the game is actually running, the key information is powered by the normal five volt rail into the CPU. So unless EX-5 is used for other important purposes, I don't see a reason why it even needs to remain on the board.

• Flux pens, and flux in general, makes soldering sooooooooooooooooo much easier. When doing some very fine pitch soldering myself, I like to douse the area in flux and do some drag soldering. The flux ensure that the solder sticks where it should, and not where it shouldn't. I used to try to solder stuff without flux and risked lots of damage due to how long I had to hold the iron in the spot in order to get the solder to flow. A little bit of flux, and it's mere seconds and the joint is solid.

• Thanks. Yup, you go into file xxx.02 and then make the changes at those addresses listed above. Now I'm not sure if some of the sprite overlay issues were caused by my moving it to the USA region, but these conversions are definitely still a bit buggy. For the purist, sorry, but these won't do. The sounds being off or missing are a bit jarring. Plus, you can't update dipswitch settings. It's stuck at whatever they were defaulted to. Still, this is an incredible feat to even see. Great job to all…

• Awesome! I have a SF2CE board which I currently have HF ROMs on there. Now, I can put my CPS2 multi board in there and be able to play SF2:CE or SF2:HF if i wanted to. Just one suggestion/question: Might be good to indicate what region/revision the releases are. E.g. USA 910803, etc.

• It might be worthwhile to take a bunch of pictures of the board assembly from multiple angles so we can see if all pins are aligned correctly, the interconnect is in the right orientation, and most importantly, that the wires are soldered properly, etc. Basically, if you wonder whether or not it would be useful, take a picture anyway. Heh. The more pictures we can all see, the more likely someone will notice something and we can get this working.