Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 141.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Connect a trackball to ST-V?

MetalliC - - ST-V Multicart

I cant remember, it was a while ago when I did that hopper stuff for ST-V, but MCFG_HOPPER_ADD("hopper", attotime::from_msec(100), TICKET_MOTOR_ACTIVE_HIGH, TICKET_STATUS_ACTIVE_HIGH) and PORT_BIT( 0x02, IP_ACTIVE_HIGH, IPT_CUSTOM ) PORT_READ_LINE_DEVICE_MEMBER("hopper", ticket_dispenser_device, line_r) makes me think it is active high. so when motor on - status is low, then some coin falling down and activate sensor so it becomes high, then coin fall down and status becomes low again. this repe…

to boot this game is enough cab door sensor to be ON, I think it is Player2 button2 line. but if you'll play the game and win some cash - game will try to payout them, and will expect Player1 button2 line to be triggered while hopper motor ON, and will show error message if its not. add: if you do not want play it a lot, I think it will be enough to manually press and release P1 b2 button several times after game over, to make game think payout went fine

a bit of screenshots from MAME, looks like a funny mini-game besides trackball this game require hopper (simulation) - when motor line active game expects sensor line will toggle. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c7b9f657f8c083ecb9e467b77arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c7b9f657f8c083ecb9e467b77arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c7b9f657f8c083ecb9e467b77arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c7b9f657f8c083ecb9e467b77arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c7b9f657f8c083ecb9e467b77arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c7b9f657f…

• I'd imagine not good enough JVS power may cause transmission errors or timeouts, but in AW->N conversions, the code which talks with JVS host MCU is not robust, not handle error reply cases, and goes crazy.

• Quote from Dreygor: “All booted on the first try on a Naomi 2 and it's consistant. So in addition to the voltages on your Naomis you may want to double check the actual voltage to the JVS itself. ” glad to hear that. may I clarify - before you did voltage tweaks only Atomiswave games not booted, but Naomi ones was working ?

• Quote from Dreygor: “Is this something that is currently set the same in all of the AW conversions? ” it is as of AW games design ("conversions" is actually regular AW games, with quite few tiny changes in the code) Quote from Dreygor: “So if it corrects the issues it would need to be fixed in all of them? ” right

• Quote from Darksoft: “Do you think that changing that write to 5F80a8 in the conversions would increase compatibility? ” in theory yes, it may explain why AW conversions more sensitive to power supply voltages. there is also other timings related configuration registers - G1 ROM/SRAM/Cart access delays, G2 bus timeout values, Maple DMA timeout, which may be different in N/AW and affect game behavior too.

• Quote from Dreygor: “So what makes the AW conversions so different from the Naomi games that causes the conversions to stall out like that ? ” I'd imagine it may be because of different RAM ICs used in AW and NAOMI ? unlikely its related to main RAM, as SH4 SDRAM controller configured by BIOS, and games doesn't touch it. but in theory might be because of GPU RAM controller configuration. on quick look I see NAOMI games initialize PVR2's SDRAM_CFG (0x005F80A8) with 0x15d1c955, while AW games set …

• @randomdoohickey I was talking not about IC availability, but it's configuration firmware, which is programmed in the chip and cant be dumped.

• Quote from randomdoohickey: “the only thing that seems to be NLA on the CV1000 from the chip lists and photos I can find is the Yamaha sound chip ” how about Altera MAX CPLD ? ie it's internal configuration firmware no surprise SHx CPUs is still available, as they was used in car navigation systems, ECUs, etc, if Im not mistaken prior to nowdays. SH4 is instruction set compatible with SH3, but they are different in other parts, so software for SH3 will not work on SH4 without code modifications.

• Quote from kuze: “It's a can of worms though because people will start making SDOJ conversions (and Akai home) ” there is no dumps of these, isn't it ?

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “Does each region of the same game use a different encryption key? you can't just swap the program ROM like on other games? ” different region games/PCBs is exact same, except for region byte in internal IGS036 CPU/SoC firmware. normally, when game initialized and running code from external program ROM it does calls to subroutine in internal firmware, which read and return region byte. so, this can be found and patched in theory, but as was said earlier - checksum pro…

• you may try to. iirc program ROM is socketed DIP-48 chip. of course patching is not near simple, there needed to decrypt rom, find there routine which does region read from IGS036 internal firmware, patch it/them, encrypt rom, fix checksum. at this point PGM2 encryption tool is not exists (only decryption is in MAME sources), also each game uses different checksum algorithm, which makes it even more PITA...

• I don't think PGM2 language patches exists. in theory, it is possible to develop such patches for games, but not for Knights of Valor 3 I think. at practice, I'd guess it might be hard to find game program ROM replacement/equivalent. usually they are 8Mbyte in size.

• anyone have a copy of photos, which is gone now ? I'm interested to see Dead or Alive security board.

• Taito Vewlix JVS IO

MetalliC - - Project Showcase

bonus part : CvS2 debug mode Source Code (3 lines) with this applied you'll get new char/groove/stage select screen (and maybe some more, I didn't checked if this does more things) arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c7b9f657f8c083ecb9e467b77 and may play at debug stage arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…c7b9f657f8c083ecb9e467b77

• Taito Vewlix JVS IO

MetalliC - - Project Showcase

@jassin000 a bit of background - there is 2 (so far) known versions of CvS2 - Capcom vs SNK 2 Millionaire Fighting 2001 (GDL-0007A) - most common version for Japan Capcom vs SNK 2 Mark Of The Millennium 2001 (GDL-0008) - less common / rare Export version, you may find it's decrypted binary in usual topic, it called there "Capcom vs SNK 2 Mark Of The Millennium 2001 (Latest version)" PS: thanks for donations!

• Gaelco ATV Track

MetalliC - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from obcd: “Is the mame implementation of this hardware mature enough to study the flashing routines in an attempt to understand communication during the proces? ” NAND write/program is implemented, as it required to run one of dumps which have recoverable errors. but 2x PCB link/comm. not imlemented in both MAME and Demul. congrats with good WC result btw

• Gaelco ATV Track

Quote from obcd: “I probably was that belgian guy. I even made some pictures and sent them over. ” nice to meet you again Quote from obcd: “Indeed the filter board was different on the football game. I think I tried if I could get it into flashing ready mode and it didn't work. Maybe it was because the football filter board used a different input for it's service button? ” exactly. that's why in previous message I've said you have to replace filter board. IPL and flashing mode loader located in …

• Gaelco ATV Track

Quote from obcd: “Gaelco had another football simulator game that used (nearly) identical hardware. As that's a standalone cabinet, it isn't having the option to be reflashed. ” right, main PCB is the same, but different filter? board where IO connectors and few ICs. I think you may reflash Football main PCB to ATV track via link (if replace football filter board with the one from ATV). if I not mistaken, client-side flasher is in initial boot loader, which is inside FPGA firmware, which is the …