Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 257.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• No news on the script. I haven't touched it in a while. It's working for all intents and purposes, but may not handle card transfers if the card is maxed out. That's the part I wanted to test, but haven't gotten to it. I may end up just releasing it as is.

• I got the notification, too, and it appears he's still baiting people with an alleged 3-4 month turn-around for pre-orders... If you're buying into that and expect that time-frame, then good luck! I'm pretty sure those were the terms of my pre-order over a year ago.

• Quote from rewrite: “I mean, you can snag a 5TB HDD for $80 on eBay most days of the week. Everyone buys one, community chips in a few bucks each for one to pass around. I've put stuff on disks for a few people here now that way. I'm waiting on some recovery tools to finish with the drive I just lost, so at the moment I don't have that much to help out with. ” This is what I was thinking.

• I still like the idea of mailed physical media if anyone is up for that. I don't have anything to share, though, so I can't be the starting point.

• Mine was delivered yesterday by USPS in my mailbox, no signature required. Now that I have it, watch me sit on it forever before installing it...

• When I've received DHL packages, they text me before they head out asking for permission to leave the package. That has always been super convenient. I work from home, too, but I rarely hear the doorbell!

• Quote from kuze: “Quote from winteriscoming: “How long has shipping been taking for US buyers? Is signature required? Not sure what's up with mine. The initial tracking started on September 4th and didn't have any progress until September 21st... like maybe the label was created and it wasn't actually dropped off until much later or something. It appears to have cleared outbound customs and is on the way to the US, I guess, but no tracking available from USPS yet. ” Mine was shipped August 28, r…

• How long has shipping been taking for US buyers? Is signature required? Not sure what's up with mine. The initial tracking started on September 4th and didn't have any progress until September 21st... like maybe the label was created and it wasn't actually dropped off until much later or something. It appears to have cleared outbound customs and is on the way to the US, I guess, but no tracking available from USPS yet.

• I got my shipping notice today!

• No notifications for me yet...

• Quote from bagheera369: “havent gotten the email, but im in the sep17 order list, so im hoping soon. After almost a year, it will be totally worth the wait. ” I think that's the group I'm in. I haven't received any communication yet. I do notice that on the PSIO news page that most of the pre-order groups show 100%. I'm not sure what that's measuring because it surely isn't an indicator that those orders are fulfilled. Edit: I see this was posted on the news site: - 23/JULY/2018 – The required p…

• JVS Emulator

winteriscoming - - Project Showcase

I'm not up to speed on the absolute latest in versions of the Pi, but I tend to always buy Pi 3's since the price difference isn't that big. Any reason not to just default to the highest performer?

• JVS Emulator

Quote from bobbydilley: “Thats a pretty good price - would you have to solder everything on the board yourself? Thats always the off putting part for me! ” Yeah, the cost is just for raw components. I did design it with through-hole components, but no way anyone is going to pay me as much as my day job to solder them up and make it worth spending my free time trying to sell them. Quote from bobbydilley: “Thank you - Ive looked at lots of other projects such as MegaJVS when writing it and so it w…

• JVS Emulator

Quote from bobbydilley: “@winteriscoming That is very cool! How much does the whole board cost? ” I must have missed this question. The BOM is pretty low. I had a few boards made by pcbway, which is very affordable for small runs, and bought a small bulk of the individual parts to be able to populate several boards. I'm not sure on exact cost for populating a single board, and it's been a while since I looked at pricing, but costs are probably about $25, not including the Arduino and screen whic…

• Is there anyone willing to pitch in on a set of SD cards or hard drive to physically mail around? I don't have a worthwhile collection, so someone who does would need to volunteer to start it. We could get a list of interested members together and do a mail relay from one to the next.

• I picked up the SNES Classic over the weekend and added some extra stuff. I had a hard time with non SNES games initially. I didn't look into the different Hakchi versions prior to starting and had to start over with the latest CE version and got NES and Genesis working. The bad thing is that I also started messing with Retropie on a Raspberry Pi 3 and wish I had just skipped the SNES Classic. It's so much easier getting stuff to work on Retropie and you've got easier access to expanded storage …

• JVS Emulator

Quote from bobbydilley: “As another project, I'd be very up for making a custom I/O board ” I've got one called MEGA JVS that extended from the TeensyJVS source: Custom JVS I/O - MEGA JVS index.php

• JVS Emulator

Will this run lag free on a stock linux distro or will it require something more customized? I'm just curious if the RPi can handle USB host to JVS translation in a lag free way with a stock os. It may well be able to. This sounds similar to @invzim 's JVS project. I wonder as a community of arcade project enthusiasts, do we support every project, even if one comes up that might overlap with the goals of another established project? Without inciting drama, it's just a debate that may be worth ha…

• Quote from dexa: “totally forgot this thing existed ” It may be worth continuing to forget for now. I'm trying to suppress my memories of ordering one...

• Quote from deibit: “patience is a virtue... ” I suppose, but I didn't sign up for a kickstarter for PSIO. I paid for an allegedly existing product that indicated it would be available to me within some amount of months. Everything I saw prior to my payment indicated to me that they took in a batch of pre-orders, filled the orders over a couple of months and then repeated the process. At no point was I notified that the rules had changed. What I don't like is that I'm essentially, without my cons…