Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from 8bitforlife: “mine are 2 Sega blast city if that makes a difference. I could see what you mean if lets say my neo geo 6 slot ” It doesn't make a difference, you're confusing the big metal cage that includes the power supply among other things, with the power supply itself. Your monitor runs directly on AC power from the wall, In a Blast City those wires just happen to be routed through the big metal cage with your power supply in it. the only reason Sega did that is so they could stic…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

twistedsymphony - - System 246/256

Quote from Dion: “namco system 12. I have aerosmith games with bad cd-rom, and can't find any other cdrom to work with it. ” I had no idea there were System 12 games that used a Disc Drive. do you have a picture of the hardware setup? Quote from Dion: “There's a list here. See the column for CD based. ” cool, I didn't realize that list included media type. There are a lot fewer CD based games than I expected.

• monitors don't run on power supply voltages, they have their own built-in power supplies. you can rip your PSU out of your cab and your monitor will still run just fine.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Which 246 games are on CD as opposed to DVD? I'd like to test out a normal CD game.

• Quote from 8bitforlife: “@twistedsymphony hey I bought the same konami pcs you got mine didn't come with the extra resistors and stuff on right side of it. Are those needed for what your doing? ” yeah, I noticed that there are a few different versions of this Konami 4P board. the resistors and junk on mine look like they're for handing the coin meters, so not necessary at all. HOWEVER, none of these boards appear to have a load resistor, this would be necessary for the second cab to keep the pow…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from ekorz: “How long does that ode take to boot? What if you power it up first, separately, and then turn on the 2x6? ” I'm already powering it separately over USB since the molex connector is blocked by the case. I've tried power it on first as well as waiting to power it on after the rest of the system.. no dice. I'm thinking it has something to do with the ribon cable since this device plugs right in in-place of the ribon cable. I did get my System 246B in today and it appears to boot …

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

first test on the 256 is a non-starter. The 256 refuses to boot as if there isn't a drive installed at all. @brizzo or any other 2x6 experts? any idea what the motherboard is checking for. I see zero IDE activity on the serial monitor and the blue light in the multi dongle isn't coming on... it does the same with no drive attached, but if I plug in the DVD drive then everything fires right up.

• Quote from KRG: “I'm sorry. I could not download the patch. Can not you upload the patch again? ” the first post has been updated with a new link.

• Quote from KRG: “I'm sorry. I could not download the patch. Can not you upload the patch again? ” hmm.. it seems they've disappeared. I'll re-upload them somewhere once I'm back home later tonight, unless someone else has them and can throw them on mega or g-drive in the mean time?

• While my prototype here doesn't do it, I'd like to make the final design function for both a 2P Vs setup and a 4P on 2-cab setup.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

I'm going to test it on my System 256 tonight if I have time (this weekend at the latest) and I have a System 246 on it's way to me that should be arriving soon. The device was developed for System 573 and has never been tested on anything else so I wanted to run it there first to make sure everything was functioning and hooked up properly... you know test one variable at a time Currently it works with ISOs and BIN/CUE and you can just dump them on the root of the SD card and it will auto load t…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

This discussion started in a few other threads but I think it needs it's own. I got in the prototype ATAPI/IDE drive emulation device in from Colin yesterday and had a chances to do some testing on System 573. It still needs some polishing but so far it's very promising... arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…21da74bfc0d813d38b62a491d I'll post my findings in this thread as I do more testing... EDIT: For those of you who don't know this device is designed to replace an IDE based Disc Drive in hardware…

• Just waiting on the transistor array... arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…21da74bfc0d813d38b62a491d if this goes well I might look into making these as a product.

• Quote from MetalliC: “will expect Player1 button2 line to be triggered while hopper motor ON ” Is the player 1 button2 HIGH while hopper motor ON or LOW while hopper motor on?

• looking at mame source it looks like it's not the only game that uses a hopper. there doesn't see to be to much in the way of comments about the hopper but I did notice this: Source Code (1 line)if I'm reading that correctly the motor and hopper are both "high" when active and the response pulse is 100ms which would mean that the hopper "button" is normally pushed, and the motor output is normally ground When it wants to output a ticket the motor output will go to +5V (or +12V?) and then the hop…

• The STV should have pull ups internally. so you shouldn't need to involve 5V. the button would pull it to ground or be disconnected. the first question is if it's pushed when the hopper triggers or if it's normally "pushed" and lets go when the hopper triggers. I don't think you want to hold the button down 99% of the time while you play the next question is if it only expects 1 pulse, or a number of pulses. 555 timers are super cheap, what you'd likely want is one setup in a "monostable" config…

• Quote from Apocalypse: “We have now working repro FD controllers! ” excellent news! There are a lot of us in need of those

• Quote from PascalP: “In the schematic I see there is a 'hopper check' line at Jamma connector 'a' (2p B2) ” that's good. that just means it's likely a simple switch.

• Quote from MetalliC: “besides trackball this game require hopper (simulation) - when motor line active game expects sensor line will toggle. ” I'm assuming it expects the sensor line to go low for x number of seconds? I wonder if that's something that could be simulated on hardware with a cheap 555 timer. or is this something that could be disabled in game options?

• to be fair the last time I tried cutting down a PCB it splintered into a mess, I think I mentally ruled it out because of that, but then just decided I needed to use higher speed