Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

twistedsymphony - - System 246/256

Quote from Derick2k: “Plus I think 512MB was the largest CF card at the time or the size limit fit the intended use. ” That's most likely the case.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from jassin000: “CD ROM media started at 650mb, and was later expanded to 700mb. ” that's maximum capacity. If you only put 1 23MB file on a disc and then finalize it then the CD is only 23MB in size. The example usage for these devices are for things like ATMs and manufacturing equipment, they're not pushing the limits of CD capacity.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

from the spec sheet is that right that the max capacity is 512MB? if that's the case it's not going to work for the majority of 2x6 games

• Quote from YesAffinity: “:edit: somehow I missed the last 2 posts on this thread, before posting. So, it looks like what I'm hoping for is definitely baked in. Would it be possible to do a slightly lower-cost version, with just the a/v split out and none of the controls? ” yes, of course... That's actually all my prototype does right now; just splits off audio and video. any product that comes out of this is still a long ways off though; right now it's just a concept

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from rewrite: “I've been trying to get the part numbers off of the SIF for a couple years now, it'd be easy enough to breadboard, but no one seems able to get the chip numbers or values of the other parts. ” looks like it's just an OP amp... I can make out that it's a Texas Instruments.. maybe TL072CP?

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from Derick2k: “Found these but cant get a true spec or operating sheets on it. Claims to be a true CF to ATAPI adapter hsc-us.com/Embedded/CFadapters/ATG_index.htm Probably discontinued. ” probably discontinued... but also probably $500-$1000 and only works for 1 disc per card. I'm sure they fully support the spec though, you pay out the nose for industrial products but they're also usually bullet proof.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from rewrite: “For System10 I have the filter board, for 256 I only have the 256. ” looking at this thread: Taiko HW picture dump The only thing that should be stopping you is the JVS IO, which like I said could potentially be spoofed with the MegaJVS. The filter-board is just a dumb junction block and the SIF PCB doesn't have much going on either, at most it might need some analog lines terminated or some digital pins shorted.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from rewrite: “It needs two special IO boards and a filter board. Namco V260 SIF PCB Namco V328 Mini-JV PCB Namco V328 FUTA PCB ” you might be able to spoof the JVS IO using the MegaJVS device, I can't find any info on the other PCBs though, so I can't say how difficult they'd be to work around. do you have all of this stuff or do you just have the PCB with no way to play it?

• I've gone through a whole bunch service manuals to try to find out which games share which 3 Player or 4 Player configuration. There are a number of games that are unique but here are all the shared pin configs I've found: Konami/Data East - 23 games Midway/Atari/EA/Strata T-UNIT/Wolf/Phoenix/Seattle/Vegas - 18 games Taito B/F1/F2/F3 - 13 games Capcom CPS2/CPS3/CAPCOM JVS IO - 8 games Capcom CPS1/CPS Q-Sound - 8 games PGM IGS - 8 games Namco System2/NA/NB/11/12 - 7 games Irem - 5 games Midway Y-…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from rewrite: “If it weren't massive I'd offer to ship it to you for testing, but it's a giant cube. And I don't have some of the special I/O's anyway, so I'm not sure how far you'd get. ” Colin is located in CA... so maybe we could get him to test it directly? They use JVS for the IO right? will it work with a normal JVS IO or does it need a special Taiko IO board?

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from CoolFox: “I don't think it would be a huge deal to add M2 support as they use the same drives on the 573. (Also the recommended ones for the 573 are the recommended ones for the M2) ” it may already work just fine with the M2 as-is... Quote from rewrite: “There are also system10 games that use CD-Rom. I have an older Taiko setup kicking around with cd drive.” interesting I thought the Taiko games used a HDD.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from randomdoohickey: “Any technical reason these need a custom IDE to flash adapter instead of any number that are readily available? ” It's not an IDE to flash it's ATAPI to flash; it needs to support ATAPI commands. I'm not aware of any device on the market that does that. We've had a half dozen or so threads searching for a solution, so if you know of one that is "readily available" then I and many others would love to hear about it.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from Derick2k: “You think the lines need additional resistance or something to that effect? I dont see what else the cable can do, its supposed to be a straight 1 to 1 connection correct? ” The 2x6 uses a one of those ATA-133 cables. I'd suspect there's a jump or a short somewhere to identify the cable type and if I had to guess, that's what it's looking for. I honestly don't know much about them... either way I'm hoping this is resolved by simply changing the connector and then you can us…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from Derick2k: “The thing I remember Defor mentioning that any IDE emulator would have to support the complete ATAPI command set. Here's a link to it just for minor reference wiki.osdev.org/ATAPI Im sure Collin already has this in place/implemented ” IIRC from my conversation with Colin there was 1 command that he didn't implement because it wasn't used by the 573, however it looks like the command that it's failing on is something else altogether... as in not included in that list you lin…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from skate323k137: “Stating the obvious but you are booting with some dongle right? ” yes of course. In every instance I'm testing the original hardware with the DVD drive, and dongle, confirming it boots and plays, and then replacing the DVD drive with the ODE device... as I said earlier in the thread, I'm testing one variable at a time the problem on the 246 is that it's using ATAPI commands that haven't been implement in the device yet, I'm seeing them come through the serial monitor as…

• Quote from Derick2k: “2, 3 or 4 player support across 2 cabs or maybe be capable of linking 4 cabs? Button remapping/configuration for the different setup via jumpers or dip switches, etc. Kick harness connectors/integration/condenser for the different games/systems that need them ” There are a lot of ideas but I don't want to get too far into scope creep. Here's what I currently envision: The "master" JAMMA passthrough will provide a 4-pin audio header, a 6-pin video header with an amp, and a 1…

• Quote from 8bitforlife: “mine are 2 Sega blast city if that makes a difference. I could see what you mean if lets say my neo geo 6 slot ” It doesn't make a difference, you're confusing the big metal cage that includes the power supply among other things, with the power supply itself. Your monitor runs directly on AC power from the wall, In a Blast City those wires just happen to be routed through the big metal cage with your power supply in it. the only reason Sega did that is so they could stic…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from Dion: “namco system 12. I have aerosmith games with bad cd-rom, and can't find any other cdrom to work with it. ” I had no idea there were System 12 games that used a Disc Drive. do you have a picture of the hardware setup? Quote from Dion: “There's a list here. See the column for CD based. ” cool, I didn't realize that list included media type. There are a lot fewer CD based games than I expected.

• monitors don't run on power supply voltages, they have their own built-in power supplies. you can rip your PSU out of your cab and your monitor will still run just fine.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Which 246 games are on CD as opposed to DVD? I'd like to test out a normal CD game.