Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 97.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• i don't think the large chip at the center of the board is gpu, but most of time, that chip is the culprit. in some cases, pressing that chip by finger while it's on, the game would boot, if not, it just showing that kind of random led behavior. there's must be something wrong when reflowing the chip. as the burn smell, it could be worse, breaking another chip. your best bet would be just find another working one.

• Quote from Finisterre: “After tearing my gun down, and simply removing the old "holder" or "lens", I cleaned the sensor array with a Q-tip and alcohol as it was covered in black dust and small plastic chunks. The debris seemed to be the result of years of the gun banging on the holster, etc. After the alcohol dried, and I ensured there were not additional impurities on the sensor, I closed it all back up with the new lens. ” Be very, very careful when cleaning these sensor array. There are very …

• Battle Gear 3 Tuned HDD

Dion - - System 246/256

Quote from starzag: “Hi, guys The image of Battle Gear 3 Tuned was successfully made. Now I am stumble upon "Handle error" I guess to bypass this I will need the wiring diagram to connect the steering wheel pot (handle) to the JVS I/O pcb. Can anyone help? So far no luck with finding wiring for any Battle Gear machine. ” What you did, that it changed from "rack error" to "handle error"? i am facing same problem here. I test them in the cab and have checked all cables. Anybody can help with known…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Dion - - System 246/256

Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from Dion: “namco system 12. I have aerosmith games with bad cd-rom, and can't find any other cdrom to work with it. ” I had no idea there were System 12 games that used a Disc Drive. do you have a picture of the hardware setup? ” pcb setup is common. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…cafdce8784da0159f2c3cf524

• Sega Flash Beats Restoration

Dion - - Project Showcase

Quote from twistedsymphony: “ Previous owner covered these in black ducktape , but there's also a lot of cracking that was epoxied back together. This is good enough to keep the machine playing but this whole piece of plastic will need to be repoed. Obviously a huge piece of plastic like this would be difficult to replace, repairing it would be difficult as well since it's made from a clear purple acrylic. However it's a very simple shape which makes me think a new one could be made using a vacu…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Dion - - System 246/256

Quote from twistedsymphony: “I'll have to take a closer look. IIRC the BGA chip on the front is an FXP brand, there's another substantial chip on the back that I believe is a Conexant FPGA. ” any chance we get more detailed information here

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Dion - - System 246/256

Quote from twistedsymphony: “Which 246 games are on CD as opposed to DVD? I'd like to test out a normal CD game. ” There's a list here. See the column for CD based.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Dion - - System 246/256

Quote from twistedsymphony: “If you know of other hardware platforms that could benefit from this please let me know it'd be great to get this proven out on as many platforms as possible. ” namco system 12. I have aerosmith games with bad cd-rom, and can't find any other cdrom to work with it.

• JVS Emulator

i think there's something missing. how do you get these numbers? by program? or by sniffing device? i recommend using logic analyzer to debug this.

• JVS Emulator

Quote from bobbydilley: “Little update: I’ve tracked down the error on the Raspberry Pi - but it’s a wierd one. The JVS protocol works like this: 1. The Naomi sends a sync byte 2. The Naomi sends the address of the device it wants to talk to as a byte 3. The Naomi sends the length of the data it’s about to send as a byte 4. The Naomi sends length amount of data bytes. This all works on a Mac, and all works on a raspberry pi except for step 3 when in a game. In the test menus it works fine, but i…

• arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…cafdce8784da0159f2c3cf524 i was going to say something about this from TS first post, but had doubt. But now, kind of sure, that component shown by red arrow was blown. i guess that's a black hole after blown effect.

• Quote from lukemorse1: “The furthest its been able to go is automatically turning the steering wheel to the left once and then releasing it followed by Motor Error 20. ” i've been curious about this steering behavior. i mean, i saw one cab, it turn to farthest left then turn farthest right. other cab, it turn only a bit angle, then release, it passed the motor test. afair, the rom version on the str pcb, were different, and so these different behavior. the ridge racer v, i think it was using the…

• Outrun 2012

Dion - - General Arcade Tech Help

arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…cafdce8784da0159f2c3cf524 mobo is biostar g41d3+ v6.3. OS is windows, most likely xp. Surely not 7 or later. The game is PC game : outrun 2006 coast 2 coast, with custom gamepad i/o. There's a license file inside game folder that 'locked' with the i/o bd serial number. That's all i know.

• Outrun 2012

Quote from stj: “interesting, but unclear - be nice to get the mobo part number - BIOSTAR?? also, where is the game? on the card - or a drive not in the foto? ” will get the p/n tomorrow. the game run from flash disk. you can see it besides psu under cables.

• Outrun 2012

arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…cafdce8784da0159f2c3cf524 arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…cafdce8784da0159f2c3cf524 arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…cafdce8784da0159f2c3cf524

• Quote from stj: “here is a tip - dont buy shitty $10 chinese rachet crimpers. they will work, but they are optimised for specific terminals that arent really of interest to us. ” agree, but i bought it anyway since i don't know if it's good or not (buying online). It turned out it crappy but can work with a bit effort. could you also suggest which one is good? i also looking for this, especially for JST's.

• Quote from xodaraP: “The problem with wick is it sticks when the solder cools and you end up making a huge mess with a job like this (I've tried something similar in the past) ” i actually have kind of same problem with wick. so i used coppers from new cable instead (the one that still shines like new). and flux it a lot, i never had it sticks again. btw, with poor heat, you can always use a real 60w solder, they're really kic* ***.

• or just clean the legs first, then unbend them. use manual solder sucker, or a good solder wick with lots of flux.

• JVS Emulator

Quote from bobbydilley: “Project Update: Unfortunately a negative update this time, I tried running it on a Raspberry Pi 1st gen today for the first time (had been developing on my mac, but target platform was obviously a Pi) and annoyingly it just doesn't work. I'm thinking that the PI can't process + reply fast enough and so its a speed issue. I will try on a better Pi2 or Pi3 later to see if that helps, or failing that attempt to make the code and linux distro more efficient. So if anyone tri…

• with some code modification, yes, particularly, the time stamp for each chip. iirc, after sometime, i find out that these 'bad' card showed by 573 games, they're actually caused by 'slow' or you can say 'degraded' flash chip. since konami uses it's own timeout mechanism to verify the card. but actually, the chip itself is still okay, they're just 'slow' a bit. i can't say a lot, because i just have 2 flash card to play with. maybe some other bad card can actually have real bad flash chip inside.…