Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 476.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The one that's on the on the PCB, that's correct. However, if it's a 29S (S for Sega), there should be a 15 pin AMP UP connector on the side of the chassis (see input pinout on the MS9 page on AO wiki).

• grantspain, who's probably the second most knowledgeable person regarding Nanaos, has also said that he has never seen a flyback fail on a Nanao. I believe him and Jomac. Of course I won't say it's in the realm of impossible, and they probably wouldn't either, just that it is extremely unlikely. I had a chassis sometime ago that started clicking when turning up the volts on the flyback. It was just going to shutdown. Can't remember what problem was on the chassis, but after fixing it, it's been …

• Type X - No video

nem - - Taito Type X

Yeah, X2 is a different beast entirely. A lot of games support 720p.

• SEGV echo chan ❤️

nem - - Project Showcase

A common seven pin header would be fine (three buttons per player + GND). What game needs more than that? Personally I like the JST NH line, small footprint and used commonly in cabs. You need one input and one output header. Easy enough to add to the board.

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Maybe it would work if you wired all the buttons but just used the switch to apply ground to the player you want to use? ” How would this work when everything is common ground? EDIT: so technically it's 6 inputs (up, down, left, right, A, B) times 4 characters. Surely there's a rotary switch for the job? Mind you, it's probably not going to be a cheap part.

• I think of Casey McMahon when someone mentions Casey. 100% certified dirtbag there. Anyway, I have a 15khz Sanwa, so they're definitely out there.

• Type X - No video

nem - - Taito Type X

Quote from ZERO_MILES: “Oh, haha, I did not know that. My unit only outputs 480p and 720p, there's a label indicating which dip switches should be set to either resolution. No mention of 15KHz anywhere, though.” You have a regular Type X, not a X2? What Type X game even supports 720p? I just checked mine and mine has a 15K sticker next to the VGA port.

• Can you find out the specs of the yoke on the Makvision?

• MV1FZ no sound

nem - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from Coyo5050: “Caps have a lot of glue on them but they all look fine, no bulging. ” I've recapped a few MVS boards that have had bad caps and the caps have never, ever bulged. That said, if you don't have any sound, it's probably not a cap issue. Caps are to blame if the sound is really quiet, really loud or wildly fluctuating in between.

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Does OSSC handle 24khz ok? ” With the right settings and monitor, yes.

• SEGV echo chan ❤️

nem - - Project Showcase

The fingerboard definitely needs to be redesigned. The pads are too wide and from edge to edge it's too narrow. I can see you shorting 5V to GND really easily, especially when there's no key to help align. It's an accident waiting to happen.

• I really like Rad Mobile. Does the cross-country road race thing way better than Turbo Outrun. Also, the arcade is hands down superior to the Saturn port.

• I think I have one these. I can meter the yoke, so at least you have something to look for.

• Sega Flash Beats Restoration

nem - - Project Showcase

Haha, I can't believe you just went out and bought a vacuum forming machine.

• @twistedsymphony, see above for VF3tb.

• Awesome, will try the FV2 one out! Quote from twistedsymphony: “Seems information for Fighting Vipers, Spike Out, Spike Out Final Edition and Virtua Fighter 3tb are still missing ” VF3tb is the same as regular VF3. You go to game assignments in the test menu and you can choose the region between USA, Export and Japan.

• Quote from mastercello: “Completely understandable! What about the two anounced extra games for the C2 multi? ” Just out of interest, what where the two games?

• CPS2 no sound, only boots rarely

nem - - CPS2 Multigame

Quote from Stupid Dufus: “I threw in the two sound program chips I dumped from Darkstalkers Revenge and got unknowns. Loading them up in a hex editor and comparing them to two ROMs I found online, it seems mine have FF halfway through each one. ” Sounds like it's not reading the rom fully. Could be down to wrong eprom selection in the program or one of the legs not making good contact with the programmer.

• Sega Flash Beats Restoration

nem - - Project Showcase

Oh shit, you got one! Awesome score!

• I have 15+ Nanao MS-2930 / 2931. I haven't had issues with any of them and I've put thousands of hours on them. Most of them have "the goop". I would choose an original Nanao over a replaced monitor every time. Most likely the replacement is Chinese junk (or Taiwanese as is the case for Wei-Ya). However, this said, it's true that they're or more less unrepairable. None of the repair guys want to touch them because the underside is full of SMD components. Best just to grab a few cabs for spares.