Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 41.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• InfiniKey-CPS2

bloodhokuto - - Temple of the Undamned

This looks really great, is there an idiots guide to this, as in. How you ID what board you have. - There seem to be 3 different types, is that it, any other variations? (? arcadehacker.blogspot.com/2016…ty-programming-guide.html ) What do I need to do to prep my board - i.e. if it s battery powered still / if it's pheonixed / if it was aboard modded to run the multi-cps2? Is there any video that has an overview? I appreciate that there are bits and pieces to answer this here and there, but just…

• CPS1 music is sooo much better than CPS2. Think I may just get around to picking up a CPS1 board some day rather than playing via my Multi.

• Ok, many thanks yet again to Wigsplitta for sending me out a reformatted card. I had to re-instal a game twice, but after that I have had two games running fine. Here is a little before & after. Z0WFsGJ.jpg BhUPFTh.jpg

• Quote from wigsplitta: “Card found, windows formatted, games added, plugged in and tested a few games, posted to you.... Hopefully it'll solve your issue ” Cheers Buddy, here's hoping!

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “The load error seems to be a sd card/failing sd card issue. ” Yeah hopefully that's the case. Think I'll pick up a new sd card, is there a list of suitable cards? I have an old version of the kit, and understand that it didn't like all the cards - think a class 4 4gb samsung was recommended, although you can't seem to get those much places these days.

• Yeah I plan to do that tomorrow, but the thing is, from when I got it working last time I kept it permanently connected to one A board, which has clips, and I had been playing on it for most of the evening perfectly fine, up until i decided to change games. I thought maybe that particular error screen may ring bells. This very thread was started on an issue with the format of the SD Card of course, but I don't think i ever saw the numbers error screen. The error screens I saw when I had connecti…

• After poodling along with my Multi having no problems for some time, I now have a further issue. I have had SFZ3 loaded up for an age, so I decided to change games, went through the motions and the lcd said that it was all done, I then turned off my supergun and turned it on again and got presented with a garbled screen of numbers. Since then I have tried loading up different games and restarting, but I either get a game load error on the LCD, or I get this numbers on screen dealy. Up till now, …

• Just because everyone likes happy endings. ISGRfYp.jpg

• Ok, once again Wigsplitta sorted me out (top dude!) by providing me with a pre-formatted sd cart, at (no surprise) it worked straight away. Would have still liked to have found out the exact reason why it didn't work, but the main thing is, of course that I (finally) have a working scsi adapter setup! Thanks for all your feedback nonetheless and of course especially Wigsplitta for sorting me out.

• Messed around a bit more this evening and got the dd utility program to work by mounting my sd card in a usb adapter - don't ask me why, but it didn't recognise the SD card port. Anyway, still no more progress, I even re-installed the firmware on the pcb, and started from scratch. I'm pretty sure that the image file that was created on the SD card was perfectly fine (when I view the SD Card, it appears exactly as the cd does when that is loaded in the drive), - this was from both using the Termi…

• I had already reformed the sd card before using the dd utility program. In addition it also detects my cd drive, just for some strange reason it won't recognise the sd slot. I did have a sd to USB adapter ... but can't lay my hands on it at the moment. The strangest thing is how I can seemingly write a game to the simms (albeit with an error message), but the hardware can't read the disc to run the game. Jugu, although I used your instructions to get where I am now, there must be something going…

• Ok, here's something strange. I got this message at the end of the re-write process; aMi9FjY.jpg I turn the cab off and on, then get the 'incorrect disk' message. However, when I plug back in the old scsi cd drive, SFIII NG boots up. So, I can write from the data in the SD Card, but it does not allow you to boot into the game. Any ideas? PS Mukurofish - I tried using that DD Utility program earlier this evening, but when I tried write the Image to the SD Card using it's process, it did not dete…

• GOOD GRAVY! I think it is working! I got the incorrect disk message, but after re-powering choosing the re-write option it seems to be installing SF3 NG!! What I did; 1) Used SD Formatter program to erase SD card. 2) In Terminal I unmounted the entire SD Card Volume, i.e.; diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk4 (not diskutil unmount /dev/disk4s1) I then used the same Terminal write instruction as previously ... BUT Deleted the 's1' part as well (disk4 not Disk4s1). In half an hour I will either be play…

• Quote from jugu: “Can you post the commands you used on your Mac to create the ISO and write to the SD card? ” I used the exact ones that you posted earlier on page 8. Quote from mukurofish: “Backtrack on this thread to see the Terminal commands I used for creating the ISO, and then to write to the SD card use "DD Utility" NOT Terminal. If you have trouble, I'll go through the process again myself over the weekend and post step by step instructions. Don't have the time tonight, but I remember pu…

• Update: Still no working SCSI PCB setup. Following on from my earlier adventures (see page 9) Wigsplitta kindly offered to test my SCSI pcb and SD card and advised that I had a dud PCB! After some delay I eventually sent it back to where I got it, and then waited ages to get a replacement sent back to me that arrived today. The PCB has the up to date firmware and I decided to rip the cd that I use in my drive, as I knew that works. Loaded it all up and used the Terminal command line instructions…

• Hmm well it turns out that I was using OS X Yosemite when I originally put the multi together, although it was an earlier version. Anyway, here is what I was using to show the hidden files in OS X defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true ; killall Finder - (to re-hide hidden files afterwards); defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean false ; killall Finder I used the following to remove the junk files; To get into the directory cd /Volumes/CPS2 The code t…

• I formatted with disc utility, copied the files over, then used terminal to remove the junk files. -or at least attempted to. This process is exactly what I did when I first got the kit, with the only change being that the OS had changed. I'll post the commands I used later this evening.

• I have boot camp on an old Macbook, but the problem is that it is very old and creaky and only ran Win XP (Very poorly). I did in fact try using this boot camp setup for the CPS3sd PCB, but that didn't go very well. Unfortunately I only have Macs, but I might have to get an up to date Boot Camp set up on my newer machines / try bottling methods for the windows programs / pick up a windows equivalent of the Mac mini to do Win PC stuff.

• You may have noticed that I also had a Multi CPS2 issue thread going at the same time. The problem with the Multi CPS2 seems to have been the PCB not liking the SD Card after I had reformatted it and installed the new Rom pack via my Mac. Bear in mind that originally when I got the Multi I successfully reformatted and put the Rom packs on the SD Card on my Mac using the same Terminal commands. However, back then I was running OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I now use a newer Mac running OS 10.10 (Yose…

• So top dude Wigsplitta sent me over a pre-tested SD Card and the damn thing started working again. I still have to tweak the connections a bit, and I am going to use a better A Board, but it's clear that there was an issue with the SD Card after I formatted it on Mac OS. My original card was also formatted on my Mac, but that was when I was using the Snow Leopard OS. My current Mac has Yosemite 10.10.5 and I believe that the terminal prompt I was using to clear the card of 'junk' files that Mac …