Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 932.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from caius: “50$ for an hour of labour or 175$ flat rate?These are pure robbery IMHO.Personally I charge in average 50-60$ regardless to the time I spent on the board, it can be from one week to several months.And no fees are applied if I fail. ” $50/hour is fair for someone who runs an official business and has to pay tax. I don't know for all countries but in France or in NZ, once you've deducted company tax and personal income tax there's less than $25 left. And you still have to pay fo…

• Generally it's not worth sending a board to a pro repairer unless it's a valuable game. At $50 per hour of labour (average number for any skilled technician thrown here) it can quickly overcome the value of the board. But if you can find a hobbyist not counting his time it might be worth it but not always. For instance repairer Womble in Oz ask AU$175 flat rate for a repair: aussiearcade.com/showthread.ph…df0b56a861a31c4e63f0eb6ac Quote from Womble: “$175 flat repair fee for JAMMA / Capcom Class…

• Quote from Hammy: “If you modify mame to get it running you are only modding what cannot be modded on the PCB (h1 rom ranges) ” If would rephrase it differently "modding what we don't know how to mod on the PCB yet" Let stay positive.

• Quote from xodaraP: “I was actually planning on getting one for the S24 - does a Gotek not work without modification? ” No a stock Gotek doesn't work with S24. This was also part of the problem for this multi, finding an affordable solution to replace the FDD. A stock HxC does the job out of the box with the right configuration file but it's ~$100. For the Gotek to work you have to: - upgrade the firmware to either HxC (10€) or Flash Floppy (free) - modify the base configuration file for S24 The…

• CPS 2 Feet

Apocalypse - - CPS2 Multigame

Quote from Gonzo: “Does anybody know where I can buy these. Or anybody can 3D print these for me(I will pay for them). Thanks ” Damn I had the habbit to trash them cause they would just stick out and damage my storage boxes. Same goes for the clips between A and B boards, just discarded them to make swapping boards easier when troubleshooting.

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “Sorry, I mean I have a ROM Board one coming. So I can't just write a floppy with a 3.5? Dang, OK, well, with the multi, if all things else work, my GG board will work? I just need to get a CPU now... ” S24 uses standard 1.44Mb floppies but manages to fit close to 1.8Mb on them and also has weird track sizes. You can rewrite them but definitely not with a standard computer. Oh and yes with a standard 68000 CPU and the multi GG will work if you're motherboard is fully funct…

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “LOL, sorry for the massive derail @Apocalypse! I'll jump back in with the System 24 questions, so uh, anything else missing from my board? I have a working flash one coming too, so that will hopefully be all i need, but I'd love to get GG working as that's my childhood favorite! ” I don't see anything else obviously missing. What do you mean by working flash one? And what do you mean by getting GG working? First you would need to find the appropriate FD1094 module with th…

• Quote from kuze: “So the palette RAM issue is likely what prevented it from working when @Hammy tried on real hardware then right? ” Not in the situation where he moved all ROMs and PALs. In case of a conversion using HH PALs I'd guess nothing is displayed on screen if palette offsets aren't modified.

• Mega lol First no floppy, then no CPU!

• Quote from acblunden2: “Please add me to the list. Thanks! ” Done

• Quote from jassin000: “I had the same results, and the same feelings... VGA is for F3, well and real VGA devices, SCART should be the go-to connection for 15khz. ” SCART is definitely the best for the 15k generation. Fun fact, it's a French invention and has be made compulsory on all TV sets from 1980 (and dropped in 2015!). We might have had 50Hz but we had RGB all the way! (With few exceptions like the fake RGB the FR NES outputs cause it's recreated from composite, and the N64 is in between, …

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “ As for my S24 board, I'm not sure it even works, as it bought it in unknown condition, but it certainly looks good, it just doesn't have a disk. ” What about second CPU? Should be an encrypted FD1094 for Gain Ground. Might be suicided too.

• Rom region doesn't need to be changed, it's always 0x100000 (512kb). However areas where ROMs are loaded must be changed then palette RAM offsets too in the code.

• Quote from nio: “Does Peint Club also work as donor? its not on the list here, but should be c2 board? ” It's based on C2 yes, I almost bought one to confirm or not compatibility. So I've never had one in my hands but it seems the I/O board must be desoldered for the kit to fit and I'm also worried by the palette custom chip which is on a tiny daughterboard and might have to be soldered back on the mainboard to display correct colours. Or maybe this daughterboard is just for mixing video coming …

• Quote from xtrasmiley: “So no disk. Should I still get something on screen? ” Yes, you should be able to see a System 24 logo then if no floppy is present an error message with a kind a scary alarm sound.

• Red led is simply tied to 5V through a resistor and indicates nothing more than the presence of tension. Loading a floppy game on S24 can be quite long, especially Gain Ground (probably a good minute). Once game booted you should hear something if you insert a coin.

• Quote from Hammy: “That's it! won't work due to some unknown thing like a jumper. If attempting to port to hammering harry pal you would be looking at the h1 roms issue on top of the original issue.After hours of looking at the board could not see anything. If it was still here you would have a diagram right now, Sadly the H.H ended up going back to his owner a little experimenting. ” Ok so that's 2 different problems. I'd try the conversion of R-Type II to HH using HH memory map in MAME first, …

• Quote from Hammy: “There's no jumper it's controlled by the pal. I have not tried to convert it in mame, only in real hardware. The way to know for sure is to disassemble the PAL's and see what's going on. Not sure how to dissemble them but i'm sure it's not too much trouble. ” I meant converting R-Type II to work with HH memory map (defined by one of the PAL chips). No need to disassemble anything, just probe pins of the desired PAL, you should have address lines on one side and on the other si…

• Even at $3 a pop it's not going to cost you much, you need only 4 or 5 of them. With buyicnow you're also guaranteed you'll receive genuine working chips.

• Ahah, SegaSonic is just bad to me however on S32 I like: - Golden Axe RODA - Spiderman - Alien 3 The Gun - Jurassic Park (ok lots of memories here) Few others are ok (Arabian Fight, Dark Edge).