Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 513.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Stupid Dufus: “I'm having the same issue here. I have: Naomi 1 with multibios Netdimm that I upgraded from 3.17 to 4.01 (using netboot) with 512 MB ram (came with 256) Powered via ATX power supply using the ATX-2-Naomi power adapter from Mitsurugi Zero pic purchased off ebay I've tried loading games via both a raspberry pi and transfergame.exe. If I use either of these, the game loads, does a memory check, reboots to load the game, then reboots to error 33 screen. I've tried 6 or 7 di…

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Yeah. Gotta be careful. A lot of micro USB cables are just cheap charging cables with no data wires installed. ” On the other hand, useful if you need to use a shady USB port to actually charge something. "Neutered Cable" I think is the "industry term."

• Quote from Phil Bennett: “RC2/MUSIC/MID has the original MIDI sequences for all the music. The accompanying document suggests they were sequenced on a Kurzweil K2000 with lots of custom patches, so they sound like arse when played back on anything else. Still very cool nonetheless ” I always love the technical details like this of sound composition on the games, thanks for sharing.

• I would check mame driver. Rom size will help you narrow it down and it might say in the appropriate .cpp file. If I have a moment to look I'll post up. See: 8-bit 1-Megabits There are four types of 1 Megabits EPROMS. One set has the A16 and OE lines swapped. However, this device will still program and verify like normal 1 Megabits. Once this device is placed into the circuit, it will appear as if it has not been programmed correctly. This is not due to the Maxloader software or the programmer, …

• Always some loss to be expected. I install a voltmeter right on my jamma edge for this reason.

• I just used hockey tape to hold the black cart lock pieces together. I don't want to pull a shell off one of my games at least yet. It's in a cab anyway, so nothing wrong with nekkid PCBs

• Many of these are listed on Arcade Otaku or similar wikis. I would recommend to start there. I think it's a good idea though to do the dsub connectors. I did one for my Data East Hoops 96 MLC out of 2 DB15s and a SCSI cable that adds 3p and 4p ports for neo sticks.

• On the topic: SBVF ST JP - MJ5

• Just drive up to MI and I'll make sure you leave with a working one.

• Gundam 4p

skate323k137 - - System 246/256

Groovy Arcade is a pre configured linux distribution. Saves almost all "heavy lifting" if you can load the right rom set to match the base MAME version.

• Gundam 4p

Quote from defor: “wait- 21" CRT that does 120hz? ” Not to clog up this thread too much, but here is my viewsonic 20" CRT with GroovyArcade liveboot distro. I highly recommend GroovyArcade; install from LiveCD, SSH or SCP your MAME Rom Set, and it looks beautiful with your chosen display. Has pre-sets for most 15, 24, 31K, multi sync, and high res displays. I personally run GroovyArcade on a PC CRT in 120hz which does 240p emulation so to speak, with CRT refresh rates (no frame skip or anything,…

• Gundam 4p

Yes, you could use a switch. Unless you have a dhcp server running you should be fine.

• Gundam 4p

Quote from defor: “wait- 21" CRT that does 120hz? ” A lot of older 20/21" "professional" monitors like trinitron VGA can do 120hz, with groovymame, it looks freaking sweet. I don't know of any arcade native solution to get that video signal offhand. Stealing some wording, "It is also possible to get 'real' 240p on a standard CRT VGA monitor by creating a custom 240p resolution that runs at 120Hz. This produces a very sharp image, similar to that of a PVM."

• Gundam 4p

They are not DHCP but I forgot what range. Use a hub (not router) and they will find themselves... tcpdump from a laptop on the same hub if you want to snoop.

• Welcome aboard eh. Nice rig.

• Here guys, no more windows BS. github.com/Alex-Kw/gnet-imager/blob/master/gnetflash contribute if you want! In all seriousness it's just a wrapper for the linux tool 'dd'. if you have a 1 hard drive laptop, you can install ubuntu on, this script would let you copy the raw game images quite easily. It's exactly how I do it in my own test setups, using lubuntu and a USB > CF adapter. Also, located here, are exact copy's of all the mame CHD's, but extracted to raw already: neohyphengeo.com/GNET/ Mo…

• Oh it's a wei ya monitor .... Good luck. Try a lm1881 if you want I guess.

• No, it should not be normal to have to adjust this. V size, H size, yes, however, I suspect your MVS is faulty if it is the only board you have to adjust HOLD for.

• Gundam 4p

Those 21 inch sony rebrands are killer for groovymame on 120hz mode. Looks almost the same as a 800tvl BVM to the naked eye.

• Probably want to find someone local with an oscilloscope to check your MVS sync, if other boards all work OK in the same range.