Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from rewrite: “Maybe we can get Tamashii running on there too! ” Tamashii is PGM2 only isn't it? I don't think you'll be back porting that to PGM1

• Quote from oneleaf86: “The trick is to give them a good scrub in warm to remove all of the "arcade dust" Then give them a thorough going over with a magic eraser. Finally use some form of plastic polish. I've used both Meguiars and Novus with Novus giving visibly superior results. ” Thanks for the tips. I have both Magic Erasers and Novus on hand. what number Novus do you use?

• Quote from xodaraP: “So lydz is a completely custom solution/reproduction and sheep_nova is using the usual KoV2 donors? ” not exactly, Lydz is using a custom program PCB with a salvaged IGS custom IC alongside a KOVSH graphics PCB donor. Sheep_Nova is using the usual KOV2 Donor.

• First impressions of the Graphics PCB: The Sheep Nova Graphics PCB is again from Knights of Valour 2: Nine Dragons, Like the Program PCB it uses cut traces on the power pins for each of the ROMS, but also like the Program PCB it uses magnet wire to route power across the PCB. Disappointingly Power is supplied using a series of DIODES as opposed to a proper voltage regulator. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…7e80e131f361cf9e1771af54f arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…7e80e131f361cf9e1771af54f This has…

• First impressions of the Program PCB: The Sheep Nova Program PCB is similar to other's we've seen before, it's a King of Dragons PCB, with some jumpers/Cut legs on the PAL, and the 322 EPROM forced to run as a 160. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…7e80e131f361cf9e1771af54f arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…7e80e131f361cf9e1771af54f The TXT/Background ROM has the power trace cut and there is a magnet wire running from the 3.3V Voltage regulator to this pin. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…7e80e131f361c…

• So today I received my package from Sheep Nova with both one of his Espgaluda conversion and one of Lydz Espgaluda conversions. So... first impressions of the cases/labels: Both cases were definitely used and had scuffs/scrapes. The Sheep Nova cart had the original KOV2ND label on and came with a couple of new labels uninstalled. The print quality of the included labels is decent, and it uses photo sticker paper, though the packground image is clearly low resolution, the paper is a bit low-quali…

• Quote from Catzoo: “I want to do an eclosure too, but i guess this might need some kind of active cooling and air extraction (or i'll wait for someone to sell a nice home made 3d printed front cover) ” Quote from archimage: “@twistedsymphony ” There are literally hundreds of power supply caps available: thingiverse.com/tag:power_supply_cover/page:6 the reason being is that DIY and other budget 3D printers use a similar style PSU so lots of people have printed end caps to keep the wires from bein…

• make sure you've checked ALL the jumpers. There are a few on these boards that I missed a few times. If you think the roms are bad you can dump the ones you've burned and compare them against the original files. My jumpers were changed slightly when I installed the multi, but looking over my pictures I think this is how they should be set for Darksoft's Thunder Force AC ROMS: JP5 : 2-1 JP7 : 2-1 JP1 : 1-2 JP2 : 1-2 JP3 : 1-2 JP4 : 1-2 JP6 : 1-2 JP8 : Empty JP9 : 2-3 JP10: Empty JP14: Empty JP12:…

• Quote from ArcadeMachinist: “after a few days it started showing horizontally overlaped image. ” that's usually what happens when you sent a 15KHz source to a 31KHz monitor. I'm assuming you're using a NAOMI on this...are you sure the dip switches are in 31KHz mode?

• looking at those games are they really analog? it looks like they use 360deg wheels similar to spinners, unless they're doing something really weird like running the wheel into a generator. unless the analog is only being used for the gas pedals? either way after looking at the games that use it I'm not sure it'd be that beneficial to me as I don't have any cabs or panels that could play them.

• Given that a different remote board fixed the vertical issue, I wonder if the chassis was intended for a different model tube and either the tube or the chassis was throw in that cab just to get it "working" for sale. Before you get too much further into this I would recommend writing down the Tube model number and measuring the resistance (and impedance if you can) of the yoke on BOTH of your machines. just to make sure they're in-spec.

• Quote from tiff_lee: “I was wondering if would it be possible to play older light gun games (Time Crisis 1/2) on genuine arcade hardware (not playstation ports) with a consumer rear projection TV but after some googling I came across this thread aussiearcade.com/showthread.ph…eplacement-is-it-possible There is a comment from Jomac "if you do find an old RPro monitor it must be usable in standard CGA mode , one with a VGA input is no good , a CGA to VGA converter won't work with the guns." so i'm…

• Quote from Asure: “AMB's work basically was to re-encrypt the unencrypted data obtained from Mame, and then re-encrypt it using the xor(?) table from the other game. I've no idea what the PAL is doing, perhaps memory region setup or rom size mapping. ” Just an FYI, there is no PAL modifications or Jumper wires on the DDPDOJ conversions, that's ONLY on the Espgaluda and Ketsui conversions. what I don't understand on the AMB and the SN conversions is why A20 is jumped to ground on the program ROM.…

• I don't know if mine is actually V3 or not. Everyone was saying that the battery holder was for V3 so I looked for that. then it became... some older ones were retrofitted so look for the circular silk-screen, so now I have to go back and recheck

• Quote from DecepticonZero: “Ill snap a picture of mine when I get home tonight. I bought this board as non working and it sure as shit wouldn't boot when I got it. I put in a new coincell and it fired right up. I've heard conflicting stories about wether or not the board requires the battery to boot carts and tbh, I've never checked the theory personally. Maybe I'll give that a whirl tonight as well. ” Checked my board last night and it had a battery carrier and no battery... never had any issue…

• Quote from Apocalypse: “For 003 (3p Hot Rod), 004 (4p Hot Rod) and 006 (Rough Racer) it's the "normal" behaviour if the analog I/O board isn't present. ” Do you know if the System 32 Analog board works on System 24? If so I might just throw one of my spares on there. I'm still waiting for parts to arrive to build my 24KHz monitor switch before I put together My Sys 24 Multi setup.

• That's a KOV2 aside from the 3.3V wires the only modifications seem to be on one of the PALs it looks to have 2 cut pins and 2 sets of jumped pins (one with a wire over the chip, one on the pins on the underside of the PCB) there is also 2 pins jumped on the program ROM. I think these are the exact modification listed by Apocalypse earlier in the thread.

• So you're going to do an initial batch of 20 right

• with the rate people are dropping out over M72 prices you'll probably get bumped up the list anyway.

• Quote from djsheep: “I have owned all three revisions of the PGM motherboard. I noticed no difference whatsoever and just ended up keeping revision 3 (the one that sheep_nova sells). I've had a couple of screwy motherboards which froze games and did weird things in the settings. I attempted to fix them at one point, but given how cheap they are it's worth sourcing a couple while they're still in abundance from China. ” Do you know of an easy way to tell them apart? I have 2x mobos and they're di…