Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 157.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I don't see how it could hurt to UV coat it. If one has gone through the effort to Retrobright it and has the console taken apart already, why not just wait a little while longer for some UV protectant coating to cure? I think the ONLY drawback to that which I could think of is that when the yellowing returns, with that anti-UV coating having sealed in the plastic there will be no way to apply Retrobright again. Once the degredation process has started, it's really self catalyzing and heat then …

• Here's a good link to an article that explains the mechanics behind the yellowing in a good manner. hackaday.com/2017/11/03/yellow…-equivalent-of-a-sunburn/ Just keep in mind that the article makes the same "it's free bromine" supposition here which is not correct. (The yellowing isn't from free bromine. It's from the degraded polymers within the plastics).

• Quote from archimage: “Thanks for the very valuable explanation. I have a question though, do the free radicals self propagate more agressively after a retrobright ? or is it constant propagation from first day ? I mean is it true that retrobrite makes the process faster ? ” No. The Retrobright process doesn't accelerate this process. Heat and Ultraviolet light will accelerate it since that speeds up the chemical reaction. Yes, with Retrobright you are using UV light to get the process going, bu…

• Somewhat older thread here, but yes, as was mentioned by another earlier in this thread the yellowing of older consoles and toys is due to the degradation of the brominated hydrocarbons used as flame retardants. (Bromide is an incorrect term since Bromide denotes a negatively charged Bromine atom which has no color and is for all intents and purposes "inert"). The Retrobrite process works by breaking down the new connections that the liberated bromine free radicals have formed which leads to the…

• CPS-3 Custom METAL Case

Jdurg - - TR Fight Stick by Hursit

Wow. This is a very cool design and product you offering. Nice job! I still have my CPS3 setup in the original Capcom metal cage that I painted black myself. I have no need to pick this up for CPS3, but once the CPS1 multi is finalized and produced, I would love to pick up something to protect that raw PCB!

• I have always enjoyed the SF2 series, and I remember playing SSF2 when it first came out in the arcades. Then seeing the other fantastic games on the system. When I then discovered MAME back in 1998, I was disappointed to learn that the suicide protection on the CPS2 boards meant those games couldn't be emulated. Flash forward a few years and emulation became possible, then the encryption scheme itself was reverse-engineered, then the multi-kit was born, then we all were shown how to reflash the…

• Quote from Darksoft: “Glad to hear that! I like happy endings ” Note to self; always go to massage parlors where Darksoft visits.

• Quote from jassin000: “I've always suspected a few minor decryption errors in some of the sets that have been released over the years. Now rather than obsess about potential minor imperfections I can just enjoy the games, resting safe in the knowledge that this is 100% original code/functionality. ” Perfectly stated. Although there really wasn't any concrete, solid proof that something was off, by running original encrypted code you guarantee that the possibility of there being an error is 0%. 0…

• The key-writing wiring isn't difficult to do at all. I did that to my CPS2 multi earlier this year. The only difficulty is getting the bootloader onto the multi. That took some additional equipment and some fancy-shmancy programming stuff. Thankfully, I was able to get assistance here and once it's done once, it doesn't need to be done again. Got the wires up in mine and everything runs flawlessly. The best part of using the encrypted sets is that if another region of a game, or revision of a CP…

• Quote from udongein: “Redguy is killing it with the SNES scene lately... kudos. Also, the readme for the new firmware says "- msu does not fit and will not work for sa1 games." Do such romhacks even exist? Just curious. ” Yes. There are a lot of ROM Hacks out there which use the SA-1 chip for extra "stuff" since it's essentially another SNES CPU Core. I myself am not a fan of hacks or the MSU1 stuff, but that's just personal preference. (For MSU1, to me it's one of those "oh, that's cool" things…

• So basically, the de-jitter mod is absolute bullshit and marqs is doing a disservice to the community by even bringing it up?

• Quote from SNK-NEO-GEO: “Jdurg - since you are going HDMI, why don't you use a Super NT mini instead? ” I already have the SNES and don't want to spend the money on the Super NT. Doing so kind of defeats the purpose or running on original hardware for me anyway. I never had a Super NT Mini growing up. I only had an SNES. Quote from twistedsymphony: “Quote from Jdurg: “Yeah. Here's the link to the VERY technical shmups forum thread where this is discussed. If you have some brains, perhaps you cou…

• Yeah. Here's the link to the VERY technical shmups forum thread where this is discussed. If you have some brains, perhaps you could make sense of it all. heh. shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61285

• So I've been seeing online a bunch of talk about the de-jitter mod for the SNES and NES that marqs has come up with. Sadly, I can't find any place that can explain exactly what this mod is, how it gets installed, what it does, etc. in a manner understandable by a plebian such as me. From what I can gather, the SNES doesn't have a clean sync natively, and this is what causes the OSSC to be incompatible in 5x mode with a large proportion of displays. With the de-jitter mod, the jittery sync signal…

• Quote from Darksoft: “get it from aldo while he still has. I don't plan to release a new version of the multi. ” Heh. The good lord spits on plans made by men. :p

• Quote from opt2not: “Quote from Jdurg: “As someone on the outside looking in, that appeared quite harsh and unwelcoming to a relatively new member of these forums. There is NOTHING wrong with asking questions, and I think if Darksoft was super annoyed by it and didn't want anybody ever asking that question, he'd have been able to handle it himself. ” The thing is, a lot of people don't understand what is involved (especially financially) in creating these things, let alone having to re-design or…

• Quote from opt2not: “Quote from xtrasmiley: “No, please read my post then everyone else's posts... your gif really does reflect my feelings when I get replies like this though, so thanks! ” Quote from Darksoft: “Problem as I said, is that any change be it small or big, makes you incur in significant costs to which you need to add the time spent modifying design, gerbers, pick and place, etc. ” My gif was appropriate for your suggestion. Sorry (not sorry)! Darksoft gave the reason why another rev…

• Don't worry, it's really easy to do. I did it to my board, and although I had similar confusion, I still got it done. For me, the worst part was disassembling the already assembled kit in order to remove it from the B board and update the bootloader. Wound up snapping a pin off when doing so, but instead of getting upset and angry, I took it as a learning experience and I figured out how to correct a broken pin. (Spare capacitor leg and some solder. Works like a charm).

• Quote from Darksoft: “I've been thinking about it and definitely adding a header and a couple other of improvements that I have in mind could be done ( ) The main problem is that as soon as I touch the design of the CPS2 I should go full steam with it because some important production costs will incur. In short: would a v2 of the CPS2 Multi will have sense: YES Will we work on it: Maybe in the future Will it look nicer if we do it: Definitely Will it increase the price of the multi: NOPE ” Defin…

• 128Mb CPS3 SIMMS!!!!!!

Jdurg - - CPS III SuperBIOS

That would definitely be cool Darksoft. I myself no longer need the 64 MB SIMMS (my setup is running perfectly fine already), but for those getting fresh into this system who don't want to spend the large amounts for Third Strike Capable CPS3 setups it would really help. New Generation CPS3 setups seem to go for a bit less than 3rd Strike setups. Perhaps offer a package which includes a Repro Cart/PCB, a 64 MB SIMM, and a selection of 1/2 128 MB SIMMs. This way folks can get any working CPS3 set…