Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 638.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Takosuke: “Recapping the screen based on the advice on the other thread. To be honest. The screen is flickering more and more and happened 2 times to lose color and then coming back (neckbord probably) on it’s owm. ” I had this fault. The two likely issues are: 1) The soldering for the color drive transistors on the neck board. The transistors run really hot. The solder pads will most likely have come off. Reflow and apply jumper wires where necessary. 2) The pots on the neckboard for…

• @Solmin, you have the newer revision, so on the cap list you can subtract one of the 47uf 16V capacitors. You just need two. Let me know if I made any mistakes.

• MS8-25FAR cap lists Main board arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…8060e5233bb9e640ccd42c2c1 Source Code (23 lines) Neck board: Source Code (3 lines) 05V00220-2, sub-PCB: Source Code (3 lines) 05U02038-1, sub-PCB: Source Code (3 lines) 05B00856B1 (PCB-VIDEO), sub-PCB (not all revisions have this): Source Code (5 lines)

• The area needs to be cleaned, the acid neutralized and the caps replaced, because the acid will slowly eat away at the tracks and then it going's to be harder to fix.

• Quote from acblunden2: “Let's let Takosuke chime in if he wants it since you offered it to him first. He if passes on it, please PM me pics of it. As you can see, my cab is hax0red to death and that isn't even the worst of it. ” He already said he wasn't interested in it. I'll PM you some pics.

• I don't think you need to do anything else to it except recap it and go over any cracked solder joints. I fixed three monitors this way. Flybacks are most likely NLA. The HOT is a 2SC4157, but you can use a 2SC3306 instead. It can be picked up for half of the price.

• Quote from acblunden2: “Hey @nem, @Takosuke, did you guys arrange for exchange of that Kyotaro CP? Because I could sure use it.” We did not. I can send you pics over, but the panel is not a looker. However, it was good enough for a scan that I vectored: wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Tecmo_Kyotaro_29 The drawing can also be used to laser cut a panel as Inkscape can output .dxf. The hexagonal holes are for M4 self-clinching studs.

• InfiniKey-Kabuki

nem - - Temple of the Undamned

Excellent!

• It's MS8-25FAR. There's two revisions of it that I know of, you have the newer (nicer) one. I have a cap map for it. I'll clean up the drawing and post it tomorrow.

• Quote from Nodoyuna: “I have a good price on a PVM-20L2MD Is this monitor a good option for 15KHz gaming? ” Absolutely. If you can get one for a cheap price, jump on it. I have the 14" model of it. It's a nice monitor.

• USFIV VS linked mode?

nem - - Taito Type X

For linking two units you can just use a crossover network cable and skip the router.

• SYS2X6 USB Dongle Rollup Pack

nem - - System 246/256

Quote from twistedsymphony: “Is there any way to extract the HDD CHDs into a .img file? ” I've used chdman extractraw -i hdd.chd -o hdd.img

• Please don't take the following as gospel. Some of the caps look "wrong". Replacement caps should be more or less same size. If the can size is noticeable smaller, then something is possibly off. I can spot C912, 47uf 200V right off the bat. I'd be interested in what they put in C703, 6.8uf 250V, because it's something I had trouble finding a replacement for. wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Nanao_MS-2930-S Lower right in the cap map. Actually, here it is. I found one in my pile of junk. arcade-projects.c…

• Time Crisis 3 contrast

nem - - System 246/256

The calibration screen is game specific. Some games have it, some don't. Two issues here, 1) most likely the system expunges all data when you load a new game, and 2) even if it didn't, the game would never know what to do with the data. I would look into why VGA looks washed out. Something in the settings on the PVM or how it's setup.

• Model 2 /3 Security hacks

nem - - Sega Model 2/3

Quote from Apocalypse: “Maybe I'm wrong but as I understand it program ROMs for Pilot Kids are 4Mbit (512kb) so nothing to double/quadruple here. However there might be jumpers to be moved to correctly route extra two address lines. ” Haha, that's a good point! I didn't check Mame, just going on by what OP posted. @2huwman, Pilot Kids is rare. Possibly no-one on here owns a legit board. You could look on Mame what other Model 2 games have 512kb program roms and look online for pictures of the ro…

• Upside down picture question

nem - - Monitor Help

Thousands of volts. I've had a horizontal yoke connector short and catch fire. It's not something I would play around with. EDIT: found the pic

• Did you test the controller before hand? Could always be faulty. What happens when you try to do a diagonal input? Does it only do one direction or none? Does it register the ABXY buttons at the same time? There's a controller test program you can download from here: cosmicbreaks.com/arcade/

nem - - Sega Model 2/3

Quote from 2huwman: “Thanks, that's really helpful. Will the m27c4002 be ok for the sound program ROM if I quadruple that as well? ” Yes. Looking online 27C210 is pin compatible with the 27C1024, so same procedure applies.

nem - - Sega Model 2/3

Quote from 2huwman: “For the main program ROMs I used 3x m27c4002, which I think may be where I went wrong, as the original ones were M27c1024 in IC 15 & 16, and 27C210A for the sound program. Would that make a difference, or should they work with m27c4002 chips? ” Yep, that will definitely be an issue. Original chips are 1 megabit, yours are 4 megabit. You need to double (quadruple?) up the original files. If you're using Windows, load up cmd and type in copy /b M2.15+M2.15+M2.15+M2.15 ic15.bin…

• Upside down picture question

nem - - Monitor Help

X-Men should have a video screen flip setting in game options under the test menu. See if it is on normal.