Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tried it, and just some feedback to take or leave since I don’t think I’m the target user (I collect multis and only stray pcbs if they aren’t on multis, not full sets) I compare to Discogs and KLOV as similar list-keeping-sites, currently. They both let me find the canonical example of the “thing” and add it to my “collection”. If it’s missing from their database, they have a process to add it (though KLOV sucks at this part...). I swam threw some collections and added some items, but didn’t se…

• Time Crisis 3 contrast

ekorz - - System 246/256

gA3DUKK_d.jpg Actually looks like it’s csync from the start. Guess I'll come back when I can make this room darker...

• Time Crisis 3 contrast

ekorz - - System 246/256

VGA direct to my PVM looks excellent, so that fixes that issue. The bummer now is that the gun won't work... thinking it's sync somehow. Maybe the dip is (again) lying and my PVM can just understand Hsync. It seems to boot and display no matter which dip 4 setting I use. Sigh... Or, like, it's too bright in here and I need to turn the lights off, but it's my office. 1st world problems.

• Golden Tee 99 no video

ekorz - - General Arcade Tech Help

Yeah, I can’t see the pin so I can’t recommend for sure what to do... but in general: Cover the whole area in tin foil, then press out the custom chip outline. Remove the tin foil and use a knife to cut out the chip’s outline. Now you have a shield for everything else and a cutout for the chip. Resume heat-gun reflow. If you wanted to be super careful you could buy heat resistant tape and use that to keep the shield down But honestly you could also reflow with an iron and drag soldering, if you …

• Yep. Wasn’t sure which bolts you meant, so I just took a photo!

• He pm’d me to initiate the order, and after payment he sent me a tracking number there. They came with a pack of bolts and some instruction space holder cards. imgur.com/a/eUIjgK7

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “I received my E2 panels a few days ago. They look freaking great! ” ditto. @alberto1225 makes the best cp's hands down.

• Time Crisis 3 contrast

ekorz - - System 246/256

I'm gonna try running the video directly from the 246 to the pvm. Looks like (hopefully) dip4 will output composite sync, so I could just run it at .7v (dip 2 off) 15khz (dip 3 off) and csync (dip4 on) and go straight into my pvm. I'm thinking the game ignores dip2 so with my IO and my supergun in the way, it's getting muffled in that chain. Am I crazy? vga->bnc cable has been ordered, I just hope csync is coming off the hsync line.

• Time Crisis 3 contrast

ekorz - - System 246/256

Yep superfunning this one. I did try the dips... It’s dip 2 assuming it’s the same as 256. But the game ignores dip 3 (15/31khz) so maybe it ignores dip 2 also. I’ll grab a meter tomorrow. Maybe ill run the vga though something else, you’ve got me thinking maybe I need to handle Vpp either way (dip or otherwise).

• Time Crisis 3 contrast

ekorz - - System 246/256

I have TC3 running on a PVM, and, well, it looks like ass. For a long while I just assumed my namco IO just had some old caps and that its video was impaired. A few days ago, I replaced the io, and sadly had no change in image quality whatsoever. Then I learned that 2x6 games have a brightness/contrast/rgb-gain adjustment inside the menu (like Namco 11/12 hardware) and thought that could solve my issue. Well, it does, but not on TC3. Here's that menu loaded up on Soul Calibur III (when in the ca…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

ekorz - - System 246/256

Can’t wait!

• well if you start looking, the 2931 has these settings via the remote board at least. Yaton has been selling them but they go quick. And hey, we know it wasn’t video ground! Anyone else have a sys18? I get continuity between all the grounds just from the pcb itself, so either I’m doing it wrong or I have no idea how the other guy “solved” it with a ground wire.

• I’m out for the evening but check around for how to adjust your sync. Maybe snap some photos of your remote board and your chassis if you can. I’m reading one thread that shows a row of potentiometers for example: forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=35253

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “I trust @ekorz to get to the bottom of it. ” Lol, no pressure. Quote from xodaraP: “Connect video ground ” You got a system18 board? I get continuity tone between pins 1 and 14. Unless I'm missing the point on this suggestion which I totally could be... I know some pcb's don't have them connected so you gotta have it in your cab wiring (yeah?). Still new to cab stuff... Anyway... Quote from Frank_fjs: “It might just be a matter of adjusting your remote board. Taito F…

• Sys18: Bloxeed >> Moonwalker?

ekorz - - System 16/18/24/32

Oh hey, my blast also won’t sync with my sys18 board! I’ll fiddle with it in a bit and see what fixes it.

• System 16B Multi Game Selector

ekorz - - Project Showcase

To answer the question, there are icons in the top right of the page like this r7RoK1r_d.jpg Click the one on the left. That’s where you can manage subscription and notification settings. If the leftmost icon is solid, you’re already subscribing.

• Quote from chacal231077: “Attention from the moment we plug an arcade based HDD PS2 / PS3 Ect... windows will write on in the MBR without asking you anything. And the Disk will be unusable after ” What version of windows? Do you mean internal hdd's? That's not been my experience anyway; or at least after doing whatever operation I want to do, it's been usable.

• If it works on a supergun, then it should be fine in your Blast. Scrambled how? Pics? Do other boards work in the blast? Sounds like a sync issue... is your chassis manual, and perhaps set to the wrong sync rate?

• It’s not going to be an internal drive for long... Take it out and use a usb to sata connector? they’re like 8 bucks, I’ve had good experiences with even the cheap ones. I’m not sure what software would write an img file to an internal drive but there certainly could be something out there. If it does work let us know the devices you used. I was trying to get DOMs to work but had no luck. The 246 is expecting an ide hdd so it might be picky when you use a sata.

• Haven’t done this one myself but absent anyone with a confirmed method, try chdman extractraw -i fud-hdd0-a.chd -o fud-hdd0-a.img Then try using win32discimager to write it to the hdd. At least that’s what I think this says... gorigo.exblog.jp/27188441/ He also says he had trouble with sata to ide converters, but it might not be an issue for you.