Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 687.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

nem - - CPS2 Multigame

Quote from donluca: “The Gelid pumps 27.2 compared to the 21.46 of the Sunon and has a noise level of 24dBA. I have one of those multi-volt PSU with lots of steps, I'll try lowering the voltage to the point where the sound becomes slightly less intrusive and then calculate the resistor size.” Remember that the fan will need more juice when starting (as opposed to running). So start it up a few times from a dead stop when you've found your voltage.

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

nem - - CPS2 Multigame

Quote from donluca: “So would it be fine if I lowered the voltage of the fan to make it less intrusive? Even if I have it inside my cab?” Here are the specs of the Sunon fan that some of the guys here have: HA60151V4-1000U-A99, 21.46m3/h, 14.5dBA That fan is whisper quiet. Compare that to the specs of the Gelid and make your own conclusion.

• Quote from beast1x5: “Anyone know which dips can be used to set everything to Freeplay??? ” Flip dips 5-8 to ON on DIP SW1. Should work on some games, if not all.

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

nem - - CPS2 Multigame

All of my CPS2 boards have low RPM fans and I've had them installed in an arcade, some have been in constant use for over three years, even 10 hours straight. That in addition to the fact that many of the boards I've bought from Japan originally had seized fans and who knows how long they've been run in that state. Point is I don't think you have to worry about silent fans in home use.

• Quote from tom5151: “Just one question, I'm not ebale to enter in test mode (tried on Dragon Breed and R-Type II). Is it normal ? ” According to Mame, both games should have diagnostic tests that can be accessed by flipping dip 8 on DIP SW 2. Did you try that?

• I bought the 60 dollar pin extractor from TE. It's a flimsy POS. I haven't felt as duped in quite a while. Unless you're removing pins daily, +1 for the paper clip.

• You're missing the Pachislot version of the 246 from the list: forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38523

• Colour balance or aged picture tube?

nem - - Monitor Help

Well done!

nem - - Monitor Help

wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/How_to_…or_Colours_and_Brightness You really need to pull the CRT out to set it up. I would pull my hair out trying to do it from the back. If you have another 29" monitor, you could swap the frame over.

nem - - Monitor Help

If your brightness is maxed out, either raise cut offs and (possibly) lower gains or turn up the voltage on the flyback. On CPS2 it should go dark around 2. What chassis is it exactly? Take a pic of the chassis or the remote if you're not sure.

• Taito F3 conversions

nem - - General Jamma and pre-Jamma

Quote from Asure: “MIssed this topic and forgot about the mention.@'nem' all i have to show is a bubble memories conversion board with some Eproms on it, no wierd traces or jumper wires or anything odd. If i don't forget i can take a picture of it, it's in storage and i need to dig it out. What's the GAL in the bottom right of your picture? I think i have the proper d77-15(?) in the center but no gals in the bottom right. Only stamped Taito PLD's, cept the -15. ” No worries. The GAL in the botto…

• Model 2 /3 Security hacks

nem - - Sega Model 2/3

Well, Daytona USA TTM kit comes with a separate security board that has a PIC, so that definitely has protection. However, it's not an official game. Looking around there's also Daytona GTX 2004 Edition, which is a similar hack. Sega Ski Super G is listed under MACHINE_UNEMULATED_PROTECTION in Mame. I guess it's just those then.

• Model 2 /3 Security hacks

nem - - Sega Model 2/3

So is there a list of Model 2 games that have protection? On a quick look at the Mame documention I can find a few games mentioned, but nothing comprehensive github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/m…c/mame/drivers/model2.cpp Daytona USA To The Maxx (funnily enough, a hack) Dynamite Cop Pilot Kits Sega Ski Super G Zero Gunner Anything else?

• I guess you mean the 400-5198-01Y? Looking at pics online the 12V rail is rated at 1.5A which is plenty enough. Neither CV-1000 or the Pandora consume a whole lot of power. Could be a load issue. You could try powering something else in addition to the CV-1000 board, like some fans.

• Quote from xodaraP: “Still not as weird as what I learned today about a particular Sega PSU common in Astro/NAC that won't run Cave CV-1000 boards.” Which PSU? I have a CV-1000 running fine on a recapped 400-5198. It's the OG PSU that came with the very first Astro Cities. Pretty sure it's the lowest specced of all.

• What @ChuChu Flamingo said. Intermittent harsh garbage sound is different to clipping.

• Quote from LHantz: “My MVS can have that intermittent harsh garbage sound, usually when I have not played it for a while. I think it is the Capacitors on the sound section that need replacing. I am hoping to buy a kit one day ” That's a cap problem, yes.

• So deflection and flyback are both fine?

• Quote from nnap: “I have this Nanao 2930 Tube with a 2930 chassis. Somehow there was a grounding issue and I got some high voltage arching in the neckboard area. After that the monitor was dead, no neckglow, nothing. Then I got a 2931 chassis but I am not sure if it works. There I get little sparcs in the tube and possibly the yoke. So I don't know if the tube is toast or just the chassis or even the yoke. ” Funny story, a similar thing happened to me. I had a perfectly working, nice looking MS2…

• Quote from DecepticonZero: “I was under the impression that a 2932 has a different neck connector then a 30,31, and 34. Am I wrong here? ” Same neck connector. The tube has a different curvature though, so with the wrong chassis is might look off in the corners.