Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 410.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Darksoft: “first post updated with latest menu and firmware. ” Good, nice to see this cart getting updated. Where can we see the changelog?

• Quote from Yami: “Hi everyone, I'm searching for a reliable programmer of M27C800 and M27C322 that possibly works on Windows 10 (x64) and I'm considering the TOP 3000... it's still valid today? Thank you ” I have one, it has worked reliably for whatever I've needed, however I read there is a new version: TOP 3100, however no idea if that's the most recent version, though.

• Quote from Darksoft: “Everyone please check 1st post. Both menu and Firmware have been updated. Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions ” Tried to update again, because this line gave me hope: * Fixed and error where If the flash memory on the MVS board is empty or has incorrect data describing the FPGA configuration, it was not possible to upload a new FPGA configuration and use the basic MVS functionality (NEW in this version) However it still does not work. I'll be packing …

• Quote from archimage: “@aha2940 what OS are you using on your computer ? how do you format the sd card ? how is your folders structure ? have you considered to redownload the top file again to your computer before copying it to the sd ? ” I'm running Windows 7 SP1, I format it with the standard "format" option on Windows, FAT32 filesystem. The folder structure is just two directories on the microSD: "games" and "update". Inside "games", there are many directories, one per game (including the men…

• Quote from Darksoft: “I don't think that battery is the problem. Your cart seems to be defective then. ” Just what I was afraid. Well, if there's nothing left to test, then I guess I'll be sending the cart to Mitsu. @Mitsurugi-w: Please let me know what should I do now. Thanks!

• Quote from Darksoft: “That's very weird. The part of the code updating the top file is in the flash.img, so it's nothing to do with the bootloader. I can only think of a bad top file that the flash.img doesnt allow to update. Either that or there is a problem with your cartridge that doesnt allow the update to be made. Can you roll back a couple of firmwares before. Use this one for example: mediafire.com/file/br5i2zdv5fqfzii/Firmware_20181203.7z/file ” Thanks DS, just tried with the firmware in…

• Quote from Darksoft: “@aha2940 did you try to power cycle again and see if this time top file alone disappears? ” Not this time, but I've tried getting the top file on the microsd many times, it has never been erased.

• Quote from Darksoft: “Did you try to update both? If the flash.img was deleted, then what happens if you try only the top.img after a successful flash.img update? Still cross-hatch? After a flash.img, the console should reset. Is that what happens? ” Thanks for the reply, DS. I did try updating both at the same time (put both files inside the \update directory) and it went as follows: after powering the MVS board on, the monitor displayed a light blue screen for some seconds, then crosshatch. No…

• Quote from Darksoft: “Quote from aha2940: “OK, so I got a Samsung 32GB microSD, I searched online and followed the instructions here: instructables.com/id/How-to-Id…sung-Micro-SD-Memory-Car/ to make sure it's original (and it really seems to be!), prepared it with basic package, created the update directory, put the "top" file in the update folder, microsd on the cart, turned the MVS board on, crosshatch comes on the screen, waited like 5 minutes on crosshatch, then took the microsd out, examine…

• Quote from aha2940: “Hey guys So, I had a little free time tonight and decided to try again to get this working. So I did this: 1. Got the latest firmware (flash.img and top files) from the first post here. 2. Got the latest menu from the same post. 3. Grabbed the Darksoft Neo Geo Base Pack 2018-04-02 4. Installed Windows 7 SP1 on a laptop I have available. 5. Formated a kingston 32GB microsd card using the Win7 laptop. 6. Uncompressed the neogeo base pack on the microsd 7. Deleted the \update d…

• Quote from PascalP: “Not my preference, but Kingston works fine for me, was even included with the MVS multi by saveyourgames. Otherwise I prefer Samsung Evo or Sandisk Ultra ” I agree Pascal, but the kingston had worked fine on my cart too since I got it. The big issue is that getting genuine Samsung cards around here is nearly impossible. Almost all are fake chinese crap, and since crap are sold at the same price as originals, it's a shoot in the dark. Quote from jassin000: “Quote from Walker8…

• Quote from jassin000: “Before you give up have you tried/tested a few different SD cards? ” I've tried only two, a kingston and an adata. Both do exactly the same.

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Honestly the only cart send to me with the same symptoms was the result of putting the update files in the wrong folders and was fixed by updating it properly. I trust you are doing it correctly though. ” So, maybe the cart is not badly broken and can be fixed easily? Is there any way to force the update of the top file? for instance: some routers (I know, very different from a multicart, but it's just an example) can use TFTP to install the firmware if the main one gets…

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “You can send it to me if you wish. I know it will not be cheap but we will get you sorted either way. ” Thanks Mitsu, I think I will, however I'm really curious to know if there are any other options that I can try before sending it in, or at least to try to understand the problem it has, because (as you say) sending it, plus repair, plus returning it can get expensive quickly. Regarding the problem, all I know is that the cart was working fine, then I tried to update it…

• Hey guys So, I had a little free time tonight and decided to try again to get this working. So I did this: 1. Got the latest firmware (flash.img and top files) from the first post here. 2. Got the latest menu from the same post. 3. Grabbed the Darksoft Neo Geo Base Pack 2018-04-02 4. Installed Windows 7 SP1 on a laptop I have available. 5. Formated a kingston 32GB microsd card using the Win7 laptop. 6. Uncompressed the neogeo base pack on the microsd 7. Deleted the \update directory that came in…

• Quote from Darksoft: “Not that I can think of. I'd recommend sending it to @Mitsurugi-w ” Anything that can be seen on the LEDs near the microsd slot? how do these work?

• Quote from Darksoft: “That microSD slot looks a little lifted up to me. ” The way is shown in the pics it's the way the cart arrived here and it has worked that way since I got it. Any more troubleshooting I can do to try and make this thing work? I do not even care for updating it, just to make it work at this point, from there, I can take a look at the update later.

• Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “@aha2940 Can you carefully open your cart and inspect the cart slot? ” Hi Mitsu. I did, the whole board looks OK, nothing seems broken or out of place. I'll take a pic tomorrow with daylight and update this post with it, so you can check it. I see the cart has two LEDs near the microsd slot, how should these work when the cart is in operation? Edit: Just tried to power on the cart with a freshly Win7-formatted microsd with only the latest smokemonster pack in it. Still c…

• Quote from PascalP: “how do you guys deal with boards that output stereo? Like Konami, 1slot MVS etc. Do you run a separate high/low converter to get to RCA? Or could I use one of the additional header on the HAS to feed stereo to it and output via the RCA plug? That would really tidy up the setup ” 1slot MVS all are mono (at least at the JAMMA end). The stereo ones are 2-4 and 6-slots. For those, I have a JAMMA extension (bought to RGB along with my HAS, IIRC) which has some jumpers to change i…

• Quote from Darksoft: “if you press start in the crosshatch, what happens? In any case, I just recalled that the crosshatch also shows if there is no microSD, so it can happen that your microSD slot is gone broken. ” Pressing start will cycle through different testing screens, like cabinet settings, RGB test, memory card test, etc.