Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 240.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Learning repairs :)

tiff_lee - - General Arcade Tech Help

Quote from Escarioth: “frenquency maker (...do not know if its the right name for it) ” Frequency generator is the term you are after Quote from ShootTheCore: “I was thinking of an IC Test Clip like one of these: digikey.com/product-detail/en/3m/923690-16/923690-16-ND/3840 ” Oh nice pretty handy for older devices . I did google about test clip for smaller packages and came across this thread eevblog.com/forum/beginners/an…-grabbers-for-my-package/ where someone recommended these warwickts.com/17…

• Nanao MS-2931

tiff_lee - - Monitor Help

Quote from Kravex: “@tiff_lee i notice you're from Australia, try contacting jomac.net.au/contact-us/ , it's a repair company that i have read they had flybacks for the Ms-2931 but they don't give support or reply to contacts outside Australia. ” Thanks for the tip but I don't actually need one (yet) I was merely adding my $2 regarding their non availability Quote from DecepticonZero: “Every reputable monitor repair place has said that the flybacks are no longer in production, that nobody was ma…

• Nanao MS-2931

Quote from DecepticonZero: “I was always told 2931 with a bad flyback was a parts board. Since when did folks source a replacement? ” I was of the same understanding. I had read various threads suggesting the lack of replacement fly backs was why there was so many dead tri-sync blast monitors and they were notorious for failing, however it would seem I got that wrong.

• Quote from tronswanson: “ Edit - Figured it out. ” So what was the problem? as it may help the next person with similar issues that come across this thread

• Link monitors

" * A wiring kit to make a Sega Versus City cabinet Jamma Compatiable. " Eh? according to hard candy/otaku wiki the Vs City (and New Vs) is already jamma by default?

• Toshiba PF D29C051 chassis

Cheers for the extra info. I took a punt on the non working one from Yaton, Jomac is just up the road so i'll get him to take a look hopefully won't be anything too $$$$$

Ah excellent thanks for the tip nem

• New to the hobby

tiff_lee - - Introduce Yourself!

Quote from Hatsune Mike: “while the Sega Blast City is rated around 216W, according to the American Sega Bass Fishing manual. ” You can probably chalk that up to the thirsty model 3 boards, the Blast has a sticker on the back of them stating 147W, I measured mine running an original MK2 and it used less power than that.

Picked up a cheap Toshiba PF today (Matsushita tube) minus the neckboard and chassis as it would prove to be a useful spare for one of my NNC's. How common are spare chassis for these tubes? I've googled D29C051/toshiba pf chassis and had limited results which would suggest they aren't too common out in the wild?

• Not found the specific thread yet but found this thread: forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=32406 in that there is links to drawings for 2 different PSU models: Sega 400-5198-01Y: i.imgur.com/Ctc1rxc.jpg Sega 400-5261: i.imgur.com/2oI89Y9.png referencing both of them there is a voltage regulator on the -5V line (it's the same on both schematics) a 78L05. Ok so I half remembered as it's not a TO-220 package but TO92 Quote from mazinkaiser: “got an update so on several of the -5 lists of compat…

• My new astro city has the same problem, -5V line is dead. I'll see if I can find the thread I read a while back but there is a particular component on the -5V line which fails, can;t remember if it was a voltage regulator/transistor but it was definitely in a TO-220 package.

• Quote from nem: “So it is indeed high voltage arcing from a faulty chassis that breaks the tube and lets air in. ” So is the moral of the story here to service the chassis before they become faulty inducing an actual tube fracture/failure, in fact what kind of chassis failure would you need to cause the high voltage arcing?

• Quote from nem: “What's being powered by the 24V PSU? Card readers? ” If the Tekken 6 manual is anything to go by it's the display.

• Quote from Sharkster: “What's a good, cheap EPROM programmer that supports the 27C1024? I'm a hobbyist with an electronics background, and I'm trying to get more deeply involved with Retro Console repairs & such. ” get-attachment.asp Welcome to the forum, you may want to look here arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…ght=programmer#post137483

• Isn't this a common problem with ZN-2 based boards? I recall seeing @Apocalypse mention it before (I think)

• CPS2 Suicide Free Modchip

tiff_lee - - Project Showcase

Quote from donluca: “Arduino Nano is 2€ from China and 3€ from your local seller. Still, this is a more compact and tidy solution, although you'll need a PIC programmer which adds to the cost, whereas the Arduino Nano doesn't need anything else. ” To be fair if you are buying CPS2 hardware whats a few quid on a PIC programmer. Either way though both good choices, one gets you to dabble with arduino and the other a foray into PIC programming.

• Quote from jassin000: “Well you went on a reddit sub, what did you expect? ” This. I find reddit can be quite the echo chamber and if your opinion isn't popular no matter how correct it is the downvotes ensue

• Well on the flip side I thought the problem with Blast's generally was a part on the chassis failing (flyback?) so in theory there should be many chassi'less tubes out there... although I dare say they all got binned

• Is the 'seal' not actually fused glass?

• To be fair to the guy when he did the first round of Dream PSU's they went from initial concept to delivered product in a fairly reasonable timescale with good updates throughout. The Saturn PSU has been a nightmare for reasons outwith his control so I don't think it's necessarily fair to bag on him personally for it, he has clearly been stitched up by his manufacturer in China just as all of us who pre-ordered. I'm pretty sure he was apprehensive initially about doing a second batch of Dream PS…