Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 81.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Will there be a revision that adds the 3 holes for the communication board? And a space or hole set up for the HDMI mod? Also need some stand offs for internal stability. I love the idea and the execution up till this point. Keep it going....

• I still think that the option of at least controlling the full range of gain should be an option. I hope this is considered for the revision.

• Decathlete decrypted

TechnicalMonkey - - ST-V Multicart

Is Decathlete that different from the Saturn version?

• @Hatsune Mike I was able to have some time during the Holiday to check out the adapter. Here are 3 screenshots of what I was testing and my initial thoughts: tinypic.com/r/dyk9e8/9 Only Gain Pot Adjustment dyk9e8.jpg tinypic.com/r/15s3a81/9 After OSSC Adjustment 15s3a81.jpg tinypic.com/r/34y9p4m/9 After Ideal Adjustment (My Opinion) 34y9p4m.png Things I liked: - The JAMMA connector fit properly. - The signal worked properly with a 25' VGA cable with no sync issues. - A very clean picture even af…

• How many modules are left?

• SEGV echo chan ❤️

TechnicalMonkey - - Project Showcase

@kazuo I would like the idea, but keep in mind that the connector on CPS2/3/ZN2-Capcom/etc. is quite long, and would take up precious PCB real-estate. @SEGV I am open to any suggestions you may have. I have an idea that I may try to do this week to thoroughly test show the testing methodology of the setup, and in sync results. I was accompanied by @Sabin while I was testing his echo-chan on the cabinet. The pictures he posted on Twitter was during the testing I did that night, so I know I wasn't…

• SEGV echo chan ❤️

@SEGV if Fighting games are the target, I would recommend centering it around the 9/10-pin connector style as you can cover the majority of the games, and the ones that don't can easily be converted with simple adapters. I would still populate the main finger for games that might still use 4 or 5 buttons from that, and use jumpers to choose which mode to put it in. I'm just throwing in ideas, anyone else has anything to add?

• SEGV echo chan ❤️

@kazuo does not work with long VGA cables natively. Distribution amps are fine, I would make a box with pots in series of the RGB lines. The highlights are overdriven, and the OSSC could not attenuate the CPS2 enough after raising the bias/offset on the OSSC to proper levels.

• SEGV echo chan ❤️

I wanted to add this to the earlier post, but it had slipped my mind. The pictures that was put up on Twitter by @Sabin shows something that is also very important. During testing I had finally setup the echo-chan to go to the OSSC via a distribution amp since the capture setup was far from the cabinet to use a 6' VGA cable. The result was that the the green and red signals were too overdriven for the OSSC to attenuate, so there was clipping in the highlights. I hope this is something that you c…

• Quote from arcadeprojectsrocks: “Quote from plasia: “Quote from arcadeprojectsrocks: “Quote from plasia: “Quote from arcadeprojectsrocks: “Is there a better option between the Sentinel and an LCD monitor than the OSSC? I don't mind spending more if it's better. I'm playing many different types of arcade PCBs so compatibility is a concern. ” There is no better option than the OSSC. It'll look awesome when paired with the RGB out from the Sentinel ” Compatibility is my main concern here. Somebody …

• I have some initial thoughts after spending a few hours with this device. I think this needs to be said as at least one of these things can be damaging. 1. The size of the finger side of the board does not fit snug which allows a user to easily misalign the connector (The New Versus City started complaining when this happened.) 2. The drift on the colors is outstanding. I can never get a white balance that lasts. For me, it was the blue that kept drifting. It was getting either way to amplified …

• I would have liked balance outputs, I know you would too, @Sabin @beast1x5 @cruzlink2 @Hatsune Mike @mugen_ketsueki and others. I am sure that the other adapter coupled with an inexpensive ground loop isolator would do the job well for most casual streamers. If you are intending this to be for the arcade connoisseur/pro streamer, why not just go all out? I know I would like to see like: 1. controls for RGB gain and offset with multiple turns (I like 8, but 4 or 5 might be a better middle ground.…

• I hope I stated that I wanted one instead of just saying, "I'm interested in one."

• Quote from Rotanibor: “Thanks for the reply! I've been pretty content with my own CPS2 collection so far, but I guess I really should add a Darksoft to the mix at this point. Itching to play some Doom/Thanos/Anita in Marvel Super Heroes. ” Was it possible to play as Anita in MSH-JAP-ARC-FREEPLAY? Also, what did you think of Arturo's stream this weekend?

• Quote from randomdoohickey: “Quote from Frank_fjs: “Conversely, multi turn pots can be a pain pending application. I initially experimented with multi turn on the RGB lines and found that 1) that level of fine adjustment just isn't necessary and 2) it was a chore having to turn the pot countless times for a minor adjustment. ” Use them as trim pots to level the main three gang variable resistor? ” You could do that @randomdoohickey but you gain two more problems. The first, is that you use more …

• Ifi find a motherboard for the right price I might have to get another set of 4.

• Quote from Frank_fjs: “That's the other problem, @RGB, no two pots are alike so I need to spend time matching them as best I can. If the 3 pots are all out from each other, there will be a variance in balance of RGB levels which isn't a problem with separated pots. I wonder if there's a method of doing it via an IC with 3 separate signals, but regulated within a single pot? ” I willl go a step further and say I'd rather gain have and cutoff pots, as well as pots that are multi turn. I calibrate …

• Can one still use the FD1094, or will I need to replace it with a 68000? I didn't see any text about it, but I saw pictures with 68000 processors in its place.

• Troubleshooting Tips

TechnicalMonkey - - CPS2 Multigame

The Jumpers are correct. I think it might have been the oversight of not seeing this as a bit more work than was put in. I still need to jump pin 9 of the G-PAL to pin C5 pin 13. @Mitsurugi-w does that shortcut pin (J17) on the Multi work for this case? Was using a G-PAL a waste in this case (it originally had an F-PAL?) I ask because in your video you demonstrate the F-PAL shortcut, but not the G-PAL shortcut. I'm not hearing garbage audio, but audio with a reduced amount of voices (some instru…

• Troubleshooting Tips

TechnicalMonkey - - CPS2 Multigame

I got my CPS2 Multi paired up with a revision 4 B board, and I have a G-PAL swapped out. It seems to load the games well, but I'm having audio issues. It's only playing certain output channels. It is in stereo because I can hear the separation, and I can also hear the steering and 3D effects to the sound. I'm just not getting the entire polyphony. I know it's not the A board as I swapped boards to see if it was a bad. and I was able to get my known good CPS2 Multi working without issues. Is ther…