Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 91.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SegaSonic

codecrank - - Project Showcase

I have 9 sega trackballs spanning 3 generations, and have built many trackball panels. trust me I know what I'm doing To be honest, I believe the issue is more with the system24 encoder daughterboard. > By the way, the balls can be replaced by any standard 2"1/4 billard balls,because that's what they basically are. not ANY of the ones I have. they are smaller. the entire enclosure is smaller as a matter of fact, I've already discussed this in another thread. probably my sega sonic repro panel th…

• SegaSonic

yeah, not only the sensitivity is too low, but ones of the axis is more sensitive than the other, something you can clearly tell in the test menu

• I wouldn't even use a hot air gun, as to not damage the paint job on the caps. just pry them off with a hard plastic tool. like the ones for fixing phones.

• Taito Egret 29 Restoration

damn.. I just went through this whole thread for the first time, not expecting the see double at the end They look stunning !

• I didn't mean that circuit directly , but something along those lines. Would be nice to have a pot to adjust the sensitivity.

• nice timing, I was just thinking about making an little pass-though box to adjust trackball sensitivity. Sonic arcade, Rampart, etc. all seem way to slow for me.

• 46860357084_a28d96cc4a_b.jpg slowly getting there. got an extra CF reader from @Mitsurugi-w ( great quality btw, we just need to find some straight through connectors so we can eliminate that scsi cable ) I made an 8 pin male AMP -> dual 6pin JST NH so I could power 2 IOs with 1 psu for testing The optical cables are awesome, perfect fit and they snap in tight. ( amazon.com/gp/product/B071VYKB…tle_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) Ran stable overnight, I think it's good to go

• Drey's Blast City Rescue!

Quote from Dreygor: “So I am working on things I need to order and I can not seem to find any of the proper cable straps like these.. lLOiSGMl.jpg So I was thinking about one of these two types that seems to be everywhere.. ” That post brings back good memories of converting a bass city for a friend thanks for the post ! About those cable ties, riverservice has them.

• the arcade I take care of had a pair of neo candy cabs we ditched because of parts availability ( namely replacing the dead chassis in both ) , but 8 games takes a lot of arcade real estate... so here's the solution 32557571227_fa10e1eda1_b.jpg Alberto printed me these nice overlays 47446885202_720ae03274_b.jpg 32557572277_de1bf1ae82_b.jpg et voila 47446922722_6973775308_b.jpg Couple notes - The marquees is from sellsellsell2000 - The Game Select is wired to button P1B5 on the jamma->MVS adapter…

• DonPachi Free Play

nice !!!

• The trick is to palm the spinner, not hold it like you're playing arkanoid or warlords. full repros There's going to be several costly components here - the bearings assembly namely... you'd have to find a replacement. look at that thing lol - the amount of gears to replace, I'm not sure if you can 3d print them with good resolution enough and injection molding that many different parts... 46426016495_97833ef3d0_z.jpg I'm happy to take one of my apart and measure everything but honestly, a conve…

• Hey I go an idea , let's get someone who has no business being a moderator to moderate the forum , that'll bring the numbers back down to a manageable level.

• just needs a little oil most likely. just make sure the oil doesn't fly in the optical coupler

• a few people asked for the overlay, it's in here drive.google.com/drive/folders…NkY5otfbmuY9T?usp=sharing

• A While back, I made this kit and posted about it here: forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=26746 12374599195_9feaa9bb44_b.jpg This was actually my first custom candy panel I sold the kit a few years after, and always regretted do so. Eventually I came across a set of spinner on ebay, so I decided to improve upon my old design a bit while building a new panel Even at 1000$ USD, They came in a bit rough... starting with this busted retainer screw I had to extract. 32398360917_c4639939c1_c.jpg 4…

• 300wins gave me a reason to finally learn how to make PCBs Get a drop in replacement that have buttons for the extra service menus ( Geometry , RGB settings ) All the info needed to modify the existing board wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Toshiba_PF_D29C051 Here's a comparison with my original idea for the extra buttons, an extra board that uses the empty slot next the spot for the remote board. It worked ok, but it required modifying an original one. 47203836191_af2123de9d_c.jpg dirty PDBs fab'd them .…

• What kind of paint gun do yo use ? How about dilluting the paint ?

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “ Fun fact.. these panels are not for the NAOMI version, they're for the Model 3 version of the game (hence why it says MSBS 5.2 or MSBS 5.4) the NAOMI version used a completely different art style and the panels featured an additional button to the right of the right stick for the "Quick Message" function as well as a VMU port to the left of the left stick for loading in custom Color schemes that you could set at home on your Dreamcast. They never made a candy panel …

• wow ! At first when I saw the paint color I didn't think it would turn out well, but the paint job quality and CPO just look great together. ( I assume you plan on replacing that marquee with something more matching ? ) can you detail the paint process a bit ? it looks like it came out of a body shop.

• Quote from twistedsymphony: “maybe you could test if the Saturn Grips will fit on the Dreamcast Sticks. though the Dreamcast Sticks don't look as bad as I thought they would. Also, while the candy panels never made use of this, every VO game supports an illuminated start button. ; ” Yeah they look great. I think with an orange start button they would look legit. Speaking of illuminated start button. There's also support for the winner lamp bacuse you HAVE to set the Sega jamma/jvs io jumper to l…