Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 211.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

mathewbeall - - System 246/256

I think that looks great.... If you want to send it to me I can do a test print as well.

• I'm in South Orange County as well....

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Quote from plasia: “Tests would probably vary wildly depending on the DVD drive but it would be a cool thing to know. Next time someone is about to replace their drive do a loading time test! ” I did a quick test with Tekken 4 - DVD drive - 1:02 IDE board - :53 You are really just saving time on the spin up/down of the drive - the IDE bus is still there as the bottleneck. Matt

• Glorious Irem M72 multi

mathewbeall - - Project Showcase

I love tech as much as the next guy - but I honestly think this selector by @oneleaf86 is the smarter, cheaper, easier solution.... arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…-game-selectors/&pageNo=1 arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…9318d4030dc4db5bf37049f54

• Quote from Apocalypse: “Quote from mathewbeall: “I checked some other games - all working there, but with R-Type, it's like I have invincibility mode turned on - did I get a jumper wrong? ” Yes. arcade-museum.com/dipswitch-settings/9219.html DSW2.7 must be off. ” Doh - should have checked the dipsw settings - you are correct... Back to dying... Matt

• So i was playing Rtype today and thinking "wow - I still have it!!!" and then I realized that somehow - hits to my ship weren't registering... I checked some other games - all working there, but with R-Type, it's like I have invincibility mode turned on - did I get a jumper wrong? Matt

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

mathewbeall - - CPS2 Multigame

Yep - no need to solder... just use a crimp connector.

• CPS2 Fan Replacement

mathewbeall - - CPS2 Multigame

Quote from xodaraP: “Why not use the connector from the existing fan? ” Yep - easiest thing to do!

• Yep - that did it... all GOOD now!!! So damn awesome - I have been waiting for this for a while! Took me a while to get a donor board... Thanks to @ShootTheCore for posting about the ImageFight up on KLOV. The hardest part of this mutli (at least for me) was finding JP6 on the mainboard!

• Looks like maybe rom2? I will erase that and reprogram - using smokemonsters predone roms.

• W00t! Got my kit today... Programmed all the EPROMS and got everything together.... only have problems with 2 games (quick boot test for each). Rtype - I get a "RAM NG 1" on the screen Lightning Swords - I get the garbled graphics screen, and then it freezes. Let me know if I should reprogram all the chips? I used the mame files from smokemonsters rollup pack v3.2 (I didn't use his predone ones though, I ran the script on them). Thanks, Matt

• Portable JAMMA emu PC

Here is mine - I went the ultimarc route as well.

• Generally - the larger the cap, the more farad capacity it has... As long as you match the values, I think you should be good. Let's see what other smarter people say Matt

• That is a sexy photo...

• Portable JAMMA emu PC

This is awesome - I built one almost the same, but with a MiniITX board... I'll put pictures of it up later.

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

@electric_monk - I will look forward to your new enclosure that hopefully makes it fit in the dvd rom space - also closing that gap will bring airflow back to what it should be.... I tried printing your original - and although it printer perfectly - I couldn't actually get it to fit right or snap together... Thanks! Matt

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

I’ll print it this afternoon - that will protect it which is my main concern!

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

It's not elegant at all right now - I just have it sitting on the IDE cable - since it's a metal case - I don't want anything shorting out. I also didn't want to use doublesided tape or something for fear of picking a chip that needs some heat dissiplation. I am hoping at some point someone will release some plans for a 3d printed case for it and I can just print one... but for now - it works. The good news - there is *plenty* of space... I could even see maybe someone @hursit!! building a new c…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

Got the usb OTG adapters in - works like an effin charm! Again - I can't describe how happy I am about this... I have a dynamo cabinet at work in our breakroom that i drop different fighting games in every month or so. I have had Soul Calibur2 and 3 and Tekken4 for quite a while, but burned out a dvd-drive by not having it level. I juryrigged something awful in there to keep the dvd-rom straight, but this solution is so elegant - and I don't have to worry about finding a drive that will work wit…

• As I understand it - if its an EEPROM then the top3000 can erase it, but if its an EPROM - you need the UV eraser... if there is a small window in the middle of it - it's an EPROM. (unless I am wrong - and then someone will correct me!). Matt