Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi From Boston, MA

ekorz - - Introduce Yourself!

well if it does have fast io, and @jassin000 or someone else here doesn’t actively need it, I’d probably grab it. I have the actual fast io pcbs already but it’d save me from building the harnesses myself. Not sure I’d switch my vewlix at this point but I like having options Knowing KC and his, uh, communication prowess, I’d still wager it’s a jvs io. Which is also good frankly and someone will want it!

• Hi From Boston, MA

Welcome Bostonian! Ditch the Dreamcast emulator and get a Naomi NetBoot system. If your Vewlix comes with a jvs io (instead of a fast io) you can drop the Naomi in there and run all the games on original hardware. How to Net-boot NAOMI/Tri-Force/Chihiro Using Pi-Force Tools Or not I guess, but with a real cab you have options!

• New to the scene

Cool, there’s quite a few New England folks on here, and we do meet up every so often. Also happy to help if you get into all the cool toys here and have any issues.

• New to the scene

Welcome! You’ve got your location as “USA” but if you’re somewhere, uh, populated I’d suggest editing that. Many areas coordinate meetups and such, and if you ever need some troubleshooting in-person members here are helpful (if you’re close by). Not required obviously, just an observation.

• SYS2X6 USB Dongle Rollup Pack

ekorz - - System 246/256

Quote from Dreygor: “However for the life of me I can not get Dragonball Z to work. I tried a DVD I tried a CD-R .. I tried the 256 in both modes ... all I get is a black screen. Any ideas? Most other games I have tried have worked fine. ” it’s actually a dvd, but mame packed it as a cd. Use extractcd to get the right uncompressed file, then burn that on a dvd The mega link with the chd files also has a bat file in there with the right syntax, I believe (on mobile can’t check...)

• Golden Axe eprom model

ekorz - - System 16/18/24/32

Quote from twistedsymphony: “Here's something to get you started... I made this for myself a while back but I find it super useful. I printed it out and have had it stuck to the wall next to my monitor for a couple of years now. arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…52910a6503fcbe6c8b94df9e1 "on disk" is the size of the ROM file as it would be reported by windows "in MAME" is the size of the ROM file as reported within MAME source EPROMs within the same color group mean that you can double the ROM file…

• Help Moonwalker pcb check

@iGaroux the MCU is just next to your cpu/security module. IC4. Sticker says 314-5437. If you want to pull that out and see if it does the same behavior, I can write you one of those and ship that. Pretty sure I have some spare. I’ll send the decrypted roms also since the battery will die someday (if it hasn’t already).

• Minigun

ekorz - - Consolization/SuperGun Showcase

Quote from Mitsurugi-w: “Make an all SMD version and I'd be happy. ” Having my own wave soldering machine would make me happy, but neither of these things should happen!

amazon.com/Wiha-26810-5-7-Inch…/dp/B00433SJB2?th=1&psc=1 Or a small flathead screwdriver. I’ll shoot a video on what to do; just shoot me a pm with your address.

I probably have some 27c020’s hanging around, I can burn the decrypted A5 and A6. You’d still need to pick up a Motorola 68000 cpu somewhere (rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpr…Fulk%2Fitm%2F273789893465) All three are socketed already so you’d just pull them carefully and replace

The ram test is visually aggressive but that’s what it does normally. Try it in mame! For your audio, did you turn the sound pot up? Many sellers turn it all the way off before shipping. Honestly though no sound and glitching may just be that the battery module has suicided. You can replace it with a normal 68k cpu and burn the decrypted program roms. If that fixes it, you can do the work to restore the original (arcadehacker.blogspot.com/2018…rogramming-guide.html?m=1)

• i-img1200x900-1558188006lxmben270.jpg Zero wing on YAJ page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m334329151

• The coin meter under the coin box? I haven’t been in there really. Looks like there are 4 wires when I remove the little plate though. It’s just a loop of wire so I can’t tone it anywhere, but I’d trust the wiring diagrams that are out there. Swapping to the 001 loom wouldn’t change any of this stuff though!

• how is it definitely a conversion? Which ones are socketed? At the most it looks like maybe the sound and program roms are EPROMs, but the gfx are masks. That’s why I’d go with a region-switch at most, maybe one chip replaced.

• I dunno... looks like a legit mitchell board to me. mask roms for the most part. I don’t think that’s a $350 game but maybe I’m thinking of the first one. Gonta the diver 2 could have been used but the masks would have been desoldered and replaced (I don’t see sockets). Lotta work for that. Those bridges though... not on my MT5601. No continuity there. Super weird, I might take those off before I try it. Or at least check the chips on the other side and pull up a data sheet. Maybe they’re all ju…

• Xbox360 To JAMMA Adapter

ekorz - - Project Showcase

Nice, looks good! Just needs the appropriate traces yeah? I think I need to order a cps1 connector now...

@acblunden2 link isn’t working... anyway I’m building the cps1 connector myself so I could do it either way. I’d assume leave it “standard” though, this would just be a cps2 to cps1 converter that you could build yourself so no reason to make it more complicated.

• Mine is wired to pins 5 and 7 of CN9 on the blast io, maybe check that connector?

I bought the UVC like a year ago when I saw one because they were rare and I figured I’d stumble upon an application for it at some point. I like the idea of it being part of a separate connector box, keeps things flexible. The brooks UFB is good but I also have some extra PS360+ boards with the same header pinout that I will add RA headers to, maybe swap them in here if I run only 360 on this. But it’s plug and play. Nice to have options! The real key here, I think, is the PB Jamma board. Makes…

wvVVrne_d.jpg It’s alive! Time to throw it all into a project box. Thanks @kuze