Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 822.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It's on the electronics repair shop 100%. If you don't know what you're doing (like CRT work), then you decline doing the work. Fuck that shop. I agree, he got ahead of himself. The problem is when you're new to this hobby you take everything as gospel. Post 14 is where he was recommended getting a new flyback. No idea why, he had a perfectly working one on his monitor. Post 36 is where he's told his monitor "is believed to be a K7000A". People pick up on these things. He had bought something re…

• Quote from acblunden2: “That isn't the fault of the electronics repair shop. ” If they didn't test the chassis, it sure as hell is. No decent repair shop would do any repairs to a chassis and not test if it works afterwards. @hoagtech, ask them if they tested it.

• Nanao MS-2931

nem - - Monitor Help

Quote from Kravex: “And in Portugal you don't have to pay customs duty if the price is under 20€ (shipping included) which was not the case. ” You're confusing duty with VAT. Duty is not paid on anything under 150 euros. ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/…-a-noneu-union-country_en "Customs Duty is not due for goods, provided directly to the buyer when their value does not exceed 150 euros." Technically you should only be paying for VAT. I have heard that in some EU countries customs charge a fee for…

• Nanao MS-2931

nem - - Monitor Help

Quote from Kravex: “I'll explain with my personal experience, i was able to purchase a flyback directly from a tao bao agent, the flyback costed ~36$ + 41$ shipping costs, because i live in europe i had to pay customs and other fees, in the end the flyback costed me around 140€. ” How the hell did it cost 140 euros? $36 + $41 = $77 or 69 euros Portugal VAT is 23%, so tax is additional 16 euros. 69 euros + 16 euros = 85 euros. That's it. There are no "other fees" in EU. You don't even hate to pay…

• What @acblunden2 said. Turn the voltage pot on the flyback to get a visible raster on screen. Then we can troubleshoot it further if necessary.

• That's fucking hilarious. The seller I bought mine from mostly sells health & beauty products and jewelry. I wonder what I'll get it!

• Capcom Q-Sound amp help?

nem - - General Arcade Tech Help

Interesting, thanks. I guess I'll just have to find myself a QSound amp then!

Quote from wuemura: “It is not "just" an amp, the amp is the QSound decoder. ” What part of the amp is doing the decoding? Does it have some bespoke chips on it?

Quote from wuemura: “To my surprise people trash the Capcom amp away to replace it with something else, they don't have a clue that this amp is the most important piece for CPS2 QSound system, crazy!!! lol ” So what makes the Capcom amp special? I thought we already agreed it's just an amp.

• Quote from Dache: “Edit: Actually, it looks like LV just have modified PS4's in cabinets according to that page. ” Haha, so it is. Nevermind then!

• @Dache, it wasn't Las Vegas Arcade Soho, was it? Because if it was, they probably have some deal with Namco. They also run other games that aren't officially supported in Europe. lasvegasarcadesoho.co.uk/games-machines/

• Astro City monitor squealing

nem - - Monitor Help

Different noises seem to come and go on my cabs. The flyback, coils, the deflection yoke, they can all whine / squeal. Honestly, if there's no smoke, I wouldn't worry about it. Turn up the volume on the cab, or wire in a high to low converter and connect a set of headphones if it really bothers you.

• I don't see any reason why it couldn't run, maybe even have FF for the steering wheel with little effort. You have two sets of pedals, you could map the shifter to the paddles behind the wheel like on F355, it doesn't matter if the wheel tilts up and down. The big problem is that the turn radius of the wheel is completely wrong for Initial D. F-Zero is like 200 degrees (just over a quarter turn from center to left / right), Initial D on the other hand is 900 degrees. It would control terribly. P…

• ATAPI/IDE ODE Testing

nem - - System 246/256

Cura is the printer slicing program. The model file is sliced into layers and printed a layer at a time. The blue model pic in your post shows what's supposed to be printed after the bottom base is done, and that layer is missing one of the sides that holds the ODE in place. I guess Cura just decides to auto fill it and whatever slicing software 3D Hubs uses doesn't.

• Nanao MS-2931

nem - - Monitor Help

Yaton's also there.

• Nanao MS-2931

nem - - Monitor Help

Quote from gitanes: “Is the repair center in Guangzhou Panyu district? :)” Hopefully not.

• Quote from hoagtech: “12v = 10.46V??” 12V runs the fan in the PSU, so that could be the reason why it's running erratically. For jamma boards, 10.46V is fine. As said before 12V usually just powers the audio amplifiers and those are usually designed to run on anything between 8-16 volts. Most likely a recap will bring your 12V up to spec. Quote from hoagtech: “Yes but my monitor is at electronic repair getting a recap and hopefully flyback. I cannot give it a full load yet without it. I did have…

• Toshiba PF D29C051 chassis

nem - - Monitor Help

Quote from BlinG: “Well, when I think of "drop in", I think that no modifications is needed whatsoever and it'll fit like an original. In this case though, the bezel wont fit properly, wiring will need to be redone and proper frame is needed. ” That's true. I forgot it doesn't have the standard Sega 15-pin AMP UP all-in-one connector. Looking up pics of the PFX on Google, they all seem to have the correct frame.

• I would love to have a scan of it!

• Toshiba PF D29C051 chassis

nem - - Monitor Help

Quote from BlinG: “No it won't fit in a blast. You might be able to do some hackery to get it to somewhat fit, but it's not in any way a "drop in" replacement. ” Well, I wouldn't say that. The bezel won't fit, but other than that I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't "drop in". The frame needs to be correct one with the four D-shaped holes in the corners. Quote from acblunden2: “@nem, do you know if the yokes on the Sanwa PFX monitors work with the Toshiba PF chassis variants? ” I don't kn…