Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 134.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nanao MS-2930 shutdown

Hatsune Mike - - Monitor Help

ugh, okay, never mind. Still worried about the chassis. I have pretty consistent repro for the HV shutdown: youtu.be/QzpBIYeMrG8 If I turn the contrast down a bit, then it doesn’t happen, or at least not until a fully bright scene. Seems related to current from the power supply. Another fun issue: I turned down the HV slightly and eased off on the HV protect, and now I have this fun issue. Happens consistently, but I cut power immediately for fear of damage. youtu.be/-78kJwkorsE

• Nanao MS-2930 shutdown

Okay, did some sleuthing. The heater voltage leaves the chassis at CN703, close to the RGB amp at U201. Tracing that back on the underside, it leads back to R714, to the left of the flyback. On the other side of the resistor, it’s connected to EY57, the “out” leg of diode D955. This is in parallel with C956. Together, these two components form a half-wave rectifier, with the capacitor smoothing the voltage. As this is the design, we can ostensibly measure it as a DC voltage, although there may b…

• Nanao MS-2930 shutdown

I don't off-hand (I will have to get home, and then remove the chassis...) but you can trace the "H" pin from the 4-wire ribbon on the neck board down to a large resistor on the main chassis, not that far from the flyback. Ultimately, it ends up at the large transformer that straddles the primary/secondary supply.

• Nanao MS-2930 shutdown

The heater voltage comes off the main power transformer on the PCB, and only goes through a resistor. It should be a 60Hz sine wave, so I think any regular multimeter can measure it without issue.

• Crossed one off the list!

• Metal Black originally has a no-attract coin mode, and no free play. As always, the source is on Github, along with an IPS release. Screenshot-from-2019-06-06-20-10-23.md.png

• Nanao MS-2930 shutdown

Captured this this morning: youtu.be/nsFSCkijBx0 It looks so good that I’m suspicious. I need to measure the heater voltage and make sure the filament is not being overdriven for a (temporary) contrast boost.

• Nanao MS-2930 shutdown

Seems okay??

• Nanao MS-2930 shutdown

I recapped the chassis, and it... seems stable? I noticed the HV adjustment knob was turned way up (which I did not do) so I put it back to the factory position, which was easily determined by the silicone glue that was still attached. Here is a video of it with a Neo-Geo on my junky test tube : youtube.com/watch?v=zpZ4ZX5xKA8&feature=youtu.be The tube I am testing with is trash, it was dropped before I ever got it, so the discoloration can be disregarded. I just use this one for testing in case…

• Nanao MS-2930 shutdown

Regarding the alcohol, I do not think we need to regard the percentage, as I only used it on the PCB itself. To clean it, I removed the flyback from the PCB first. So, I did not put it on electronic packages. I expect I could calibrate it back to the "correct" size and geometry, but my fear is of causing further damage to the chassis by running it in a compromised state. I'm looking now to see where I should be measuring B+, and what the correct level should be. I am also turning my attention to…

• Nanao MS-2930 shutdown

I used isopropyl alcohol to clean up the goop. It was located near the flyback, but had originated from the grey component on the other side of the heatsink (with the HOT attached). After cleaning up and powering it on, I adjusted SCREEN to bring the black level down to normal. However, I don't believe I nudged screen, and I definitely didn't nudge the B+ or pincushion pots, so I'm led to believe the off black level and new issues are a byproduct of something else.

• Nanao MS-2930 shutdown

After about five minutes of being powered on with a tube I bought recently, with Twinkle Star Sprite's attract mode, my MS-2930 chassis had the screen suddenly go black (but not collapse as during a normal power-off), with audible static sounds from the tube face (like during a normal power-off!) The neck glow and deflection seemed to continue during this time. No pop sound, smoke, or smells. I pulled the chassis, gave it a look-over, and cleaned up the black goop (whichwe have known for some ti…

• I am interested in one or two sets, depending on final price.

• Updated - also did the gruntwork for Darius II, now I just need to parameterize it and add autofire: github.com/mikejmoffitt/darius2d-freeplay

• @Frank_fjs I can generate a schematic from the PCB I made and posted, which @acblunden2 has used successfully, when I return home. From a comparison there, any problems might stand out. If you have a scope, then you could check the various inputs and outputs to see at what stage things fall apart. Martin's writeup is pretty clear: Quote from Martin Jones: “IC1B is a monostable which triggers on every sync pulse, generating a pulse 4.7 microseconds long. These become the new horizontal sync pulse…

• @acblunden That looks like a National Semiconductor part. There shouldn't be anything wrong with it assuming it is in good condition.

• Quote from umjammercammy: “Quote from Hatsune Mike: “Another day, another time someone is misled by the nearly arbitrary categorization of System 16. If System 16 won't be updated to have remotely correct information, then it should be taken down. "Toaplan Version 1" isn't just board, just like how "Toaplan 2" isn't another. At best it is a categorization by the use of the same chipset components. ” Sorry, I don't mean to sound like an idiot. I don't really know that much about this stuff, I've …

• Zero Wing's memory map is pretty different, so if that is a conversion, then there was probably a good bit of slicing to make it happen.

• - But, electrically, those F3 ones are actually the same, which is why the multi works fine. MAME drivers are organized by however is convenient for the developer, but it doesn’t imply that games run on compatible hardware. Perhaps system 16 is organized this way, but the way information is presented implies things about the games and respective boards that are untrue, I believe. To check if a game is compatible with another, start with the chipset, followed by the memory map. System 16 isn’t he…

• Another day, another time someone is misled by the nearly arbitrary categorization of System 16. If System 16 won't be updated to have remotely correct information, then it should be taken down. "Toaplan Version 1" isn't just board, just like how "Toaplan 2" isn't another. At best it is a categorization by the use of the same chipset components.